Tower-scythe combination?

Kurenai

Hi guys,
I had a question... "tower-scythe" combination, according to some websites, mean destruction and legal matters.

I am wondering, could it also mean "end of isolation?"

1Eleven

Hi guys,
I had a question... "tower-scythe" combination, according to some websites, mean destruction and legal matters.

I am wondering, could it also mean "end of isolation?"

That depends on the question.

Girl Archer

Would the meaning for scythe plus tower differ from tower plus scythe?

Because I got the former for when I asked what birthday gift I'd receive from my folks, and apparently that combination means legal troubles or prison. So um my folks are going to sue me or send me to prison, on/for or before my birthday?

P.S Not trying to pull a Your Readings type thing in this post or on this forum, just trying to infuse a bit of humour :D

samantha

I always read from right to left, and my interpretation would be exactly what you suggest: A sudden end to loneliness and keeping to oneself.

I occasionally see Tower as institutions (including government run ones) so could read Scythe - Tower (that way around) as : Government cuts ; which could be fiscal or some kind of department downsizing. Tho' this doesn't answer your question about presents ! Will be interested to see what others come up with :)

Kurenai

Would the meaning for scythe plus tower differ from tower plus scythe?

Because I got the former for when I asked what birthday gift I'd receive from my folks, and apparently that combination means legal troubles or prison. So um my folks are going to sue me or send me to prison, on/for or before my birthday?

P.S Not trying to pull a Your Readings type thing in this post or on this forum, just trying to infuse a bit of humour :D

It could be a last minute decision (scythe) to take you to a museum (tower).

Girl Archer

I always read from right to left, and my interpretation would be exactly what you suggest: A sudden end to loneliness and keeping to oneself.

I occasionally see Tower as institutions (including government run ones) so could read Scythe - Tower (that way around) as : Government cuts ; which could be fiscal or some kind of department downsizing. Tho' this doesn't answer your question about presents ! Will be interested to see what others come up with :)

Is Lenormand read from right to left? Oh my! :confused: This department couldn't be downsized anymore, there is only eight people here but if that were to happen... then I'd be leaving for better pastures, I hope. OR end of loneliness/isolation in terms of presents could be throwing a party? That's highly unlikely but I will report back on whatever it is :)

Cicas

I think the tower can represent the past, stability or isolation. I think that in this situation scythe, as the others said, is a last minute change. So I'd take this to mean that you're going to get something completely unexpected and different than anything you've ever received from them before, or maybe a complete surprise after you'd thought they'd forgotten about you.

Please follow up and let us know! I've been reading lenormand for like.....36 hours now so I'd love to find out if I'm even somewhat close.

Girl Archer

I think the tower can represent the past, stability or isolation. I think that in this situation scythe, as the others said, is a last minute change. So I'd take this to mean that you're going to get something completely unexpected and different than anything you've ever received from them before, or maybe a complete surprise after you'd thought they'd forgotten about you.

Please follow up and let us know! I've been reading lenormand for like.....36 hours now so I'd love to find out if I'm even somewhat close.

I will definitely report here in 28 days and let you know what happens :)

Teheuti

Isolation is a very modern meaning for Tower - adapted, perhaps, from the Rapunzel story? It almost negates the original Lenormand meaning.

Originally it meant a long and happy life (longevity or a "long view") unless "clouded" by negative cards. Scythe meant DANGER, peril. Literally it's a "danger to long life/longevity." I suggest Tower+Scythe can indicate something "cut short" (nearsightedness?) or cut down to size.

Another modern meaning is a large building, government or corporation (something BIG versus House, which is a smaller building): so we have down-sizing; undercutting; the fall of an official; a lease is up, etc.

Scythe+Tower could be a lengthy harvest (if Scythe's handle is on the right) or a big, long-lived danger (depending on the question and other cards). Also, government, corporate, official danger. For instance, harm done by fracking or a government bill that is cut.

Of course in daily spreads there can be far more literal meanings depending on the circumstances: cutting out intentions regarding a large (or official) building???