Haindl with cream borders (Knaur Esoterik)

Rose Lalonde

I received a large German Haindl published by Knaur Esoterik (1988 is the only copyright on the box - ISBN 9783426263730), and the borders are cream colored. The cards look brighter than scans I've seen of US Games and even Lotos editions. But I don't have those. Is this edition brighter? -- I'm just curious. It looks so different from AT scans.

HERE is a photo with Knaur Esoterik cards beneath the Thoth US Games purple box Sun for comparison. (Top left is an Ace from Tarot of the Spirit for a bright white card.)

(The shop from which I bought this deck for $26.67 US currently has 3 more copies. That's at abebooks. It came with no lwb, and of course the card titles don't reflect changes Haindl decided on later. But it doesn't have the numbers under the Hebrew letters like the Lotos, so that's nice.)

AJ

Rose, could you hi-res scan your Sun card for me? I'm working with the the US Games 1990 version this week and drew the Sun. Pollack says the Sun shows a labyrinth, I'm seeing circles...I thought perhaps your Sun card would show better than mine. Thank you

AJ

Ha. I was most assuredly correct, circles (tree rings)
I'm adding the hi-res scan into my own scans of the deck ;)

It shouldn't be important to the ongoing course of the world, but sometimes niggles need to be scratched.
thank you! Sharyn