21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

missycab

Step One. Deck: Tarot de Marsella (Marseilles). Card: Le Pape

Also joining a bit late... sorry!

This card represents a priest, actually a pope. He is wearing the ancient Pope hat, which is yellow, perhaps to simbolize gold. He seems old: his hair and beard are white. He appears to be sitting, but we can't see where (if it's a throne, a chair). In front of him I can recognize two monks, kneeling (I think they are monks because of the way their hair is shaved, you know with a circle in the middle?). There is an arm in the down right corner, but you can't see whose arm it is. Back to the Pope. He is holding a yellow stick with his left hand (this hand has a yellow glove with a small black cross). His right hand isn't covered by a glove and he's streching two fingers (the second and the middle one), like he's blessing the monks. The Pope is dressed in blue, his arms are white and he has a red cape with yellow borders. In the background we see two blue columns.

Jewel

missycab said:
Step One. Deck: Tarot de Marsella (Marseilles). Card: Le Pape

Also joining a bit late... sorry!
No need to apologize!!! Más vale tarde que nunca as they say ~giggles~. Seriously, welcome to the study group!

missycab

Thanks for the welcome!

And, yes, Más vale tarde que nunca!!! :thumbsup:

Kalymura

You wouldn't believe the things that have happened since I voiced my plans to start the 21 steps. Anyway, the book arrived last week, so I should be able to finally get this ball rolling even if I can't get online!

Step One: I am using the DruidCraft deck, and from the three cards drawn (Six of Wands, Princess of Cups, and Ten of Cups), I have chosen the Six of Wands.

In the card, there is blue sky. The bottoms of the foremost clouds have an orange tint. To the left, in the background, there are three thin tree trunks. The leaf growth is sparse and concentrated at the top of the trees.

Closer still, there are five visible figures (though presumably six in all), in green cloaks, following a man on horseback. Only four of the five followers' faces are visible. Two have hoods pulled up over their heads, two have moustaches. All figures in the card appear to be male. The followers hold six long poles (wands), though not all are errect; the poles have tufts (fur, feathers, grass?) close to their tips.

The man on horseback is wearing a red cloak and boots. He wears no stirrups, though the horse has a briddle. The horseman holds the reins in his right hand, and a bird of prey in his left, unhooded and perched on his glove.
The horseman has a beard and a fur collar about his shoulders. He has a rounded stomach, above his belt.

The horse is grey. There are puddles in the foreground, which reflect the horse's foreleg. There are lush green shrubs, and two rocks to the right of the picture, one of which has grown moss.

This is the Six of Wands.

dadsnook2000

For Kalymura

Welcome to the list. Although we will be starting the Adept Level in several weeks, I want to assure you and others that several of us who have completed the 21 Apprentice level steps will continue to monitor and work with you as you move through your studies.

As you can see from other posts, we all feel that a great deal has been learned and substantial progress made on individual levels by following these steps. Have fun. Dave
PS, you offered a nice description of your card. I know you'll gain a lot from its study.

nicki

I really enjoyed the description of your card kalymura, ive never seen the druidcraft deck. I totally agree with dave you will get so much out of this study group, when i joined i never in a million years thought i would end up writing some of the things I have but you just get so involved.

nicki

Kalymura

Thank you for the assurances and welcome, Dave and Nicki. I'm really looking forward to the journey.

Nicki, the DruidCraft is a wonderfully illustrated. There's so much going on! A lot of which I don't know the meaning of, hence the study, but for someone more advanced with the tarot and symbolism it must hold a wealth of information. My only qualm is its size - much too large for my hands, though I'm hesitant to trim it - which has stopped me using it regularly for spreads. Perfect for one card meditation and reflection though.

Jewel

Kalymura,

Welcome to the group! Great description. I just held a trimmed version of the DC, and I am sending mine to my friend to get trimmed. It looked awsome.

You will get so much more out of this than you ever imagined. One of those things is feeling confident with your deck. Over the steps you will gain the knowledge you seek.

You will get a lot out this study group, and I echo Dave and Nicki's sentiments. Welcome to the journey!

coyoteblack

For Kalymura

welcoe to our group !! The DC is near and dear to my Heart. i am glad you picked this deck ad very nice details

coyoteblack

Nicki you did a wonderfull job on your card!! I have a hard time with that deck but a new member of our NYC meetup did a reading for me with that deck and it was realy awesome.