Very bleak Celtic Cross - should I be worried?

Auders

I am feeling very unsettled by a Celtic Cross reading I did for myself yesterday - the question was, 'What do I need to be aware of for the next month or so?'
The cover card was Death, 5th card (Crown card) was 10 of Swords, 7th card (self) was the Tower. Card 8; 9 of Swords, card 9; 3 of Swords.
My own initial interpretation was there will be some unexpected and drastic changes in my life, but
I am just learning tarot and having read comments on this forum it seems that a combination of just a few of these cards can be said to predict actual death, so I thought these cards might be related to my elderly parents who are in their 80s, but are actually quite healthy at the moment. Then that evening there was the terrible business in London. Whilst I don't know anyone involved I am a Londoner and am deeply upset by it. Could it be that the cards were predicting this event, or might they even be linked to the forthcoming election where we can perhaps expect some major upheaval in the political arena? Or might there even be a war?
Naturally I am also worried that these cards might be a warning that somebody close to me will die unexpectedly, or that I might lose my job or there be some other major disaster at home. What should I do now? I am tempted to try another spread but don't know if that is a good idea or not. Any advice gratefully received!
Auders

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Auders!

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules to see what's expected of you when posting in either forum. In UTC you may list and/or discuss up to HALF of the cards from a reading. Complete readings of any number of cards (1 through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings. There is nowhere at Aeclectic where you can discuss 51%-99% of the cards from a reading.

Also, Aeclectic is a learning forum. As such folks are required to provide their own interpretations first when asking for help with cards from readings. The best way to learn to read tarot cards is to try. It's quite easy to say, "I don't know. Tell me the answer!" That's not how things work around here.

So you have two options:
  1. Edit the post to remove one of the 6 cards you've listed so the discussion can stay in UTC
  2. Add in the rest of the cards so this thread can be moved to Your Readings

Either way you're going to need to provide your own interpretations if you wish to discuss any cards from the reading.

Other members, please hold off until Auders has made the required edits.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

ETA: Alternatively, if you just wish to have a general discussion on whether or not to have a "do-over" because you don't like the reading you did, if you remove mention of the cards, that discussion can be had in Talking Tarot, where more general tarot-related topics such as shared reader experiences "has this ever happened to you?", "would you do this given the situation?" ,etc. may be discussed.

Auders

Is that better?
Audrey

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Auders,

Thanks for editing your post down to 5 cards from the Celtic Cross you did. But you still need to tell us what you think each individual card means, not what they collectively say to you.

Also, please tell us what positions 8 and 9 are in the version of the Celtic Cross you're using. I have at least 30 different versions of the Celtic Cross in my spreads database. Without knowing the position, we can't really help you with an interpretation.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Auders

Oh right, thank you, just getting the hang of it, brb!

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Post removed pending Auder's interpretation of the individual cards. Other posters, please hold off until that has been done.