Mythic Oracle

Jewel

I really should have stayed away from this thread ... *LOL*. Based on how the Dragonfae work, I am not too worried about some of the same deities being used on a few cards. In fact if there is a heavy influence of one diety that could be a sign ... just my two pearls. I definetly want this one. I too LOVE (adore is probably a better word) my Dragonfae. They are fabulous teachers. If nothing else I am sure they will be happy to help learn to use this deck when I get it *LOL*.

MsRubyRain

Added to my wishlist. :grin:

Asher

This beautiful oracle is on its way to me (I hope!). Bought it from an Amazon seller at a really good price. I love Greek mythology, so this is a must-have for me!

Asher

avalonian

I have succumbed. It was sitting on the shelf in my favourite shop today. Some of the cards are indeed, slightly off centre, which is only noticable if you look closely at the borders.

With artwork like this, I don't think I'll be looking at the borders! I had seen a sample in a shop in London, but actually having the time now to sit and look at the cards I see how stunning they actually are. The faces are really expressive and full of character, and the colours are really vivid and jewel-like.

The cards have already been allocated a bag and the box is relegated to a drawer as I don't think the cards will be going back in there any time soon.

If this girl illustrated a tarot deck I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

:) :) :)

dreamsofgaia

"If this girl illustrated a tarot deck I'd buy it in a heartbeat!"

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you to those who hesitated but then took a chance on my first venture into oracle deck illustration. I really enjoyed working on the deck. It was such a thrill to be contracted to illustrate it after the publisher fell in love the artworks I submitted for the Dragonfae deck.

As for a tarot, I am actually working on one ... or should I say a tarot of sorts. It's not an oracle, but nor is it a traditional tarot by any means. It's a bit of a hybrid, with different archetypes in the major arcana, but with a minor arcana that is more in keeping with a tarot deck. It too will be published by Blue Angel after I've finished writing and illustrating it ;)

faunabay

dreamsofgaia said:

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you to those who hesitated but then took a chance on my first venture into oracle deck illustration. I really enjoyed working on the deck. It was such a thrill to be contracted to illustrate it after the publisher fell in love the artworks I submitted for the Dragonfae deck.

As for a tarot, I am actually working on one ... or should I say a tarot of sorts. It's not an oracle, but nor is it a traditional tarot by any means. It's a bit of a hybrid, with different archetypes in the major arcana, but with a minor arcana that is more in keeping with a tarot deck. It too will be published by Blue Angel after I've finished writing and illustrating it ;)
Really!!???? :bugeyed: Very Nice!!!

This sounds perfect for me......because I like tarot and oracles and don't mind a hybrid deck at all!!!

And I have to say I love :heart: your artwork!! Thank you so much for popping into our forum here!

We'd love to see some samples of the upcoming hybrid deck!! }) :p })

avalonian

dreamsofgaia said:

Oh, now that is absolutely fabulous news!

(Cosmic ordering strikes again!)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dreamsofgaia

faunabay said:
And I have to say I love :heart: your artwork!! Thank you so much for popping into our forum here!
We'd love to see some samples of the upcoming hybrid deck!! }) :p })

I probably would have popped in earlier as I've been a member for some months now, but simple truth is that I can be shy at times and tend to post in places where I have the security of knowing others. Even more so when I was admittedly little nervous about my plans for the deck at first - I was not sure how it would be received. However, now, I believe that it has a place so I'm now just happily focussing on the writing and painting, and trusting in the powers that be to keep everything else flowing.

Now, I'd love to post samples as I go, but I'm not sure of the rules of the forum with regards to posting links etc. I'd hate to offend so if someone would care to explain what I am and not allowed to do then I would be only too happy to post some samples and keep those who are interested up to date on my progress :)

HearthCricket

What a pleasure to meet you! I love your artwork and am really connecting well to the Mythic Oracle, even moreso than I expected! The idea of a tarot deck by you is very exciting. There is a section further up about Deck Creations and probably has a thread pinned about rules and regulations, or you can always contact one of the moderators, as well. The best advice I can give is that you don't ever put all your work up and be sure to use a watermark across your artwork, because there has been too much piracy in the world of tarot. Keep your artwork safe and yours! That being said, I am sure a lot of us would love to see and hear about your progress with your deck! And I hope someday you will do more oracles, too. A Goddess one, a Fairy one, etc. :D I love the Dragonfae and that is what led me to the Mythical, which has been amazingly accurate for me from the first pick!

dreamsofgaia

Thank you, HearthCricket :) It's nice to meet you too. Thank you for both the kind words -and- the advice. I decided a little ways ago that I would probably display all of the art for the deck as it gets painted as it is from prints that I derive my income, but I have decided to keep the writing side of things fairly hush hush and will probably only ever post a handful of sample meanings that are more than just the keywords and key phrases that I post with my artwork. For now, I'm hoping that the art will speak for me :)

I have an account over at DeviantArt and another at Facebook. I tend to lurk there the most and because DeviantArt is so very big -everything- I do gets watermarked because piracy is not just prevalent in the tarot world, but rife in the artworld too.

*laughs* While I have at least another year's work ahead of me for the tarot, I've already got the next project planned out, and yes, it's an oracle deck. It's not a fairy deck though, but instead combines dragon energy with crystals. I have everything plotted and planned for it, and even have half a dozen paintings completed already, but now that it's all planned, ready and waiting, it has been put aside until the tarot is finished. If all goes well I will flow directly from one deck to the next. I truly love working on deck creation. Working on Mythic Oracle gave me the courage to ask to do something I've wanted to do for a very, very long time, and so it will always have a special place in my heart.

HearthCricket said:
What a pleasure to meet you! I love your artwork and am really connecting well to the Mythic Oracle, even moreso than I expected! The idea of a tarot deck by you is very exciting. There is a section further up about Deck Creations and probably has a thread pinned about rules and regulations, or you can always contact one of the moderators, as well. The best advice I can give is that you don't ever put all your work up and be sure to use a watermark across your artwork, because there has been too much piracy in the world of tarot. Keep your artwork safe and yours! That being said, I am sure a lot of us would love to see and hear about your progress with your deck! And I hope someday you will do more oracles, too. A Goddess one, a Fairy one, etc. :D I love the Dragonfae and that is what led me to the Mythical, which has been amazingly accurate for me from the first pick!