View Single Post
Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
I am fond of the Three of Cups, the girl is very focused on feeding the bird with grapes. The card speaks of companionship to me. I can see a star/ pentagram inscribed on one cup, the other two look the same? a sun behind clouds or something else?? Three can be a crowd perhaps.
I love this card. And I never noticed the bird before you mentioned it! The LWB is useless here again but it does mention "living like a wild animal" which now makes more sense when I see the bird. The engravings on two of the chalices is odd. It looks magical.

Quote:
Turning to the Three of Wands, she looks proud and strong standing before the stained glass window in the ?attic. The clown doll seems an echo of childhood. She's waiting for something, but what has she set in motion?
To me this again at first looked like she was inside a big old ship. The window is round and there is the treasure chest,too. But now that Im looking at it again it looks like it could be an attic. She is perhaps re-visiting her childhood dreams and now she knows she can finally make them true.

Quote:
The Three of Coins unsettles me because of the startled expression on the man's face. The man looks as if he's been paid and is now using his skill, something akin to the RWS scene is shown either as background/ a painting/ a mirror. i'm not sure which. The black cat looks surprised too. Is he the same man as the Hanged Man (also a 1+2=3)
Oh, I never saw the black cat either! What a good thing to have a study group To me it looks like a painting of the RWS Three of Pents card. His expression is not very nice. Startled... or annoyed at being interrupted.

Quote:
there's a half buried pot by her feet and coins lying on the ground. Blood money??? .
Now this is interesting! This is a horrible card and Id really like to hear the deck artist about this. What did she have in mind when painting this card? This card gives room to many possible interpretations: murder, abortions, guilt, evil deeds, hysterical Drama Queen imagining things, someone who always sees the glass half empty, someone scared to death about Motherhood and imagining it would be disaster..
Top   #2