View Single Post
Citizen

kwaw 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
"She represents also the Second Marriage of the Prince who is no longer of this world;"

Wow, some of this is pretty cryptic. Here's another reference to a "Prince" but I don't think it's the same prince that was encountered with The Fool. There it says "a prince" and it's not capitalized; here it's "the Prince" and capitalized, seeming to be a reference to the Cosmic Christ. I double checked the original text and it's the same there so I don't think it's a misprint.
In Christian terms the first marriage represents the first covenant, between Israel (as Bride) and the Law (torah); the second to the second covenant, between the church (as Bride) & Christ. Thus she represents not only the Old Covenant (represented by the Torah) but also the New Convenant... (?) Thus possibly as you say the capitilized Prince as reference to Cosmic Christ. (see, for example, Romans 7:1-6)

Typological this may be compared to the second marriage of Abrahan to a foreigner, which has been said in both Jewish and Christian interpretations as the blessings of God being for all (not just Israel), and his tent being open to all who wish to enter it.
Top   #17