Any new Crystal chats?

morticia monroe

The fuzzy pictures :) kind of look like carborundum,,,or possibly peacock ore.

franniee

Not carborundum or at least from the pics I saw. Could be peacock ore but that isn't what the guy said - I would have remembered that. That doesn't mean that he knew what he was saying....

morticia monroe

The dark blue looks a lot like azurite, but the azurite I have and have seen is textured,,,it looks like if you touched it, it would feel like velvet...

Briar Rose

Fudu, I am sorry Flourite doesn't appeal to you. However I did have a good chuckle when I read it reminds you of toothpaste because I have some small Flourite chip beads that feel like Toothpaste! Now I am going to think of you and smile everytime I work with them! :joke: Thank you , that was cute. But the other peices of Flourite I have don't feel like that.

I remember a field trip to Shoal Creek Texas where we dug a Trilibite. I still have it, with shell intact! I also remember a huge green rock wall off this highway in Texas and my geology teacher said it was very important. Now, only a true rock lover could look up at a huge rolling hill mountian rock and say "it's impotant" and you hear the passion.

I could dig through rocks all day and love it!

frannie, I am sorry you broke your crystal bowl. That wasn't lead Crsyal, was it? I gave away ALL my lead Crystal. I know it looks pretty but if they don't recomend drinking out of the glasses everyday then that was enough for me to not have any.

I still have a bag of thse Vaseline glass beads in the shed. I have to mail them out to International Isotopes so they can dispose of them properly for me. It's so hard to do that because they are so pretty.

I am very drawn to crysocolla and selenite. I am wishing I could have a whole wall of Selenite and a floor of Chrysocolla.

Morganite is awesome!!! I have a small tumbled one I bought at the meta shop for about $3.00 I think. It's small, like half the size of a black olive.

Best wishes with your rock tumbler, Morticia. You can put in several rocks at a time, and they still come out smooth?

OMG I have quite the chat tonight!

morticia monroe

Briar Rose said:
Best wishes with your rock tumbler, Morticia. You can put in several rocks at a time, and they still come out smooth?

The rotary is a small one and will hold about two dozen or so. The vibe is larger and will hold at least three times that, but I am still learning the ropes on my first batch with that one and didn't use much.

The rotary makes everything, in time, rounded. The vibe just smoothes the edges and then smoothes them all around.

MoonGypsy

franniee said:
OK they aren't the best shots but maybe you guys can figure it out....

If it is iridescent, then it is almost certainly not azurite. Even though your pics are quite fuzzy, i am 90 percent positive that it is "Peacock Rock/Ore". :love:
Blessings,
MGxxx

franniee

Even these aren't any better!! What am I doing wrong??

I think it is peacock ore too because that is the only one that makes sense.... So now if we assume it is that - would it be the cause of my disrupted sleep? I moved it last night at 3:30AM when I was up!!! UGH!!! Also is it a stone that in combo with citrine is good for abundance?

What are it's metaphysical properties?

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 162