Tarot in the Harry Potter Series (Warning! Spoilers and Speculation about Book 7)

Lillie

She has made the two 'famous' predictions. The ones where she went into a trance and didn't know what she was saying.
But there have been other things she has said that have been right.
Like where she is walking down the corridor reading playing cards, and also the tower card which she kept getting, which was right in about every way I can think of.

My own theory is that it's Harry's scar that is the horcrux.
AV shouldn't leave a mark, but that one not only left a scar on Harry it also destroyed Voldies body. So there was something very odd going on there.

I don't think that Harry will die, so there must be a way round it.
Now if I had a bit of soumeon elses soul stuck in my forehead I woud see if I could get a dementor to suck it out.
Not nice, but I'd tape my gob shut first, and have someone with a damn good patronus on hand.

I have also heard the hllows theory. The Deathly Hallows of the title are the four wotsits from the celtic myths and they are also the four founders objects and the tarot suits.
Slytherin's locket = pentacles
Gryfindor's sword = Swords
Hufflepuff's cup = cups
Ravenclaw's ??? = Wands

Which would assume that the missing ravenclaw object is a wand. Perhaps the one in Olivanders window.

However, JKR has associated the four houses with the four elements, and she has said that Slytherin is water and Hufflepuff earth.

Speculation...

Who thinks it should be out on 7/7/07?
By all rights it ought to be. It would be so perfect.

As for a HP tarot...

It's not a pleasant idea, especially if the pictures are from those terrible films.

I hate films that change the stories they are based on.

And even apart from that, they are rubbish!

jackdaw*

I'd like to see a well-done Harry Potter Tarot that is NOT photograph-based. Maybe with the artwork of whoever did this playing card deck (which I want!): http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/frameitem.asp?catref=14214

And Lillie, that's a good idea! I had noted Hufflepuff's cup and Gryffindor's sword, and Slytherin's locket (although I was thinking more of his ring), but I never thought of the wand in Ollavander's as belonging to Ravenclaw. If it was, it'd make a good Horcrux, and a good Ace of Wands :)

Lillie

Yeah. The ring. that was the Peveral ring, wasn't it?
I think that belonged to the family, but not necessarily to Slytherin himself.

The Wand in the shop window was pointed out to us so clearly, it seems it ought to have a purpose.
And Olivander has vanished, and that wand too!

The sword is not a horcrux, So that would mean that not all the founders objects are horcrux. (What's the plural of that?)
But Harry himself would be something from Griffindor.
Though not necessarily related.
It appears from the black family tree that Harry might be related there. Some sort of cousin to Draco and Sirius.
A direct decendant of Phineas Nigellus. So that would tie him into the whole of the pure blood blood lines.
So he could be decended from anyone (except Slytherin)

Ha!
I could go on about this for days!
I sometimes do.
To a very bored husband who tunes it all out.

Netzach

Gosh Lillie, I don't know how you remember it all. I think before the final book comes out I'll have to go back and read all the previous ones again to remind myself of the story so far.

And I do so agree about the movies. They're so lightweight and . . . well, dull (particularly when Alan Rickman's not in the scene).

Lillie

:)

I remember it all because I am a weirdly obsessed Harry Potter fan.
And I spend far too much time thinking about it all.

I will re-read all the books right before 7 comes out. I generally read them once a year (sad, sad, sad)

Rickman seems a bit old for Snape, but I have to say he is the best character. The one who has everyone guessing about him and his motives.

I have only seen the first two films when they were on the TV (I think the third is on soon, and I might watch it) one of my problems was that everything seemed to happen so fast. It was like blink and you'll miss it.
I didn't like that.

I love the books though.

jackdaw*

I've never seen any of the movies. But like Lillie, I reread the series at least once a year.

Of course, I reread almost every book I own at least once a year.

Netzach

jackdaw* said:
Of course, I reread almost every book I own at least once a year.

Either you're a phenomenally fast reader or we need to get you some more books!

jackdaw*

Netzach said:
Either you're a phenomenally fast reader or we need to get you some more books!
More the first than the second, although both would apply ... I read almost constantly, and very fast. But it's also not like I work my way across each shelf and reread each and every book in turn. I might have exaggerated a little ... The ones I like more (including the Harry Potter books, but there are many others) I reread more often.

Glass Owl

Lillie said:
My own theory is that it's Harry's scar that is the horcrux.
AV shouldn't leave a mark, but that one not only left a scar on Harry it also destroyed Voldies body. So there was something very odd going on there.
I have wondering for some time if there is more to that scar. I wonder if Lily or someone else drew that lightning bolt mark on Harry's head as a form of protection against Voldemort. (It would have been invisible to the naked eye at that time.) This could then explain the thing with Lily's eyes--maybe she used her eyes right up at the end to "charge" the symbol to give it more magical power. Then when Harry was hit with the AK, the protective symbol lit up due to the impact and acted as a mirror, absorbing the hit and bouncing it back towards Voldemort.

Lillie

Could be....

The scar must be important, and so are Lily's eyes.
I have never, in all my pondering, come to any conclusion about the eye thing. So your thoughts are most interesting.

Have you noticed, the AK does different things on different days?

The spider just dropped dead, so did Cedric.
But Dumbledore was thrown into the air.
And the AK that was meant to kill Harry scarred his head, destroyed Voldie and blew up a house!

Can't think of any more off hand.

But whatever Pettigrew used to escape and frame Sirius, blew up an entire street and killed loads of people.

Hmmm.
When an Ak misses it's target it goes bouncing around knocking chunks off things...