Poll: Your Favorite Arthur Rackham Oracle Back Design

CosmicTarot

UPDATE: I was going to make this a poll but I happened to shut down the page before I was done ... I'll see if I can fix it, but I'm not sure it's possible. In other case, I'd appreciate it if you just stated the letter of your favorite back in a post. Sorry about that!

UDATE 2: Nope, not possible. I'm such a klutz.

Firstly, sorry for my current Tarot/Oracle back design obsession (I just posted a thread about Tarot backs in the Tarot section)

However, I came across the Arthur Rackham Oracle on Etsy and my purchase craving is giving me a struggle. The other issue is that if I'd choose to buy this Oracle Deck I'd have no clue which back design I would select, since I think most of them look gorgeous.

So, I thought: Why not start a poll and hope that people could help me choose!

il_570xN.856348460_51hv.jpg

Either I'll by this one or The Fountain Tarot, I haven't made up my mind, but nevertheless ... Aren't all of them delightful? Which one is your favorite?

banbha

I choose a jumbo size with the "C" back after much consideration. It's my absolute favorite.

The "D" was second choice. I thought the bats were a little too dark (as in not really visible enough).

I believe the creator said that C, D, and F were the most popular backs.

chorphee

I have E with the cat. I think it is the most unique and whimsical :D

theFeeLion

I'm definitely a fan of C. F or maybe B would be my next choice. I just wish B was borderless, it would definitely be a good one if you use reversals too.

banbha

It really is and a bit mischievous too!

I'm definitely a fan of C. F or maybe B would be my next choice. I just wish B was borderless, it would definitely be a good one if you use reversals too.

I had the same thoughts about B.

CosmicTarot

I choose a jumbo size with the "C" back after much consideration. It's my absolute favorite.

The "D" was second choice. I thought the bats were a little too dark (as in not really visible enough).

I believe the creator said that C, D, and F were the most popular backs.

Thank you, you brave souls who dared to defy the absence of a poll option! :laugh:

I was leaning towards C myself (or really A, B, C, D, E & F). Jumbo size is tempting but even "regular" size decks are too big for my tiny hands.

(Does anyone know if this is the jumbo size deck or the regular, by the way? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4Zf5jeL_I)

I like the bat one too, but I liked it better when I thought it was leaves, since I actually think it's a little too dark in the other sense. Though, it is rather neat.

I'm surprised you say that C, D, F are the most popular ones. I definitely thought A and B. Where I've seen it on YouTube it has been these two backs that are most commonly displayed. I do like the starry ones. They're dreamy, but I'm not sure if I might grow tired of them. It's so difficult, I still haven't made up my mind.

How is the deck to work with? Do you enjoy giving readings with it? Is it worth the price? I'm imagining it would be a great complement to a Tarot reading to give it further direction. But sometimes it turns out a little differently when you have the deck in your hands. The use often makes itself known after you've worked with it for awhile.

Thank you so much!

CosmicTarot

I like the cat one too, but the other ones are so pow in your face pretty that I might just have to turn down the Alice cat. Though, I like it ... This is sooo hard :p

Oh, and I forgot to ask: How do you think the deck is to work with?

CosmicTarot

C is my first choice as for now, but I'm still not entirely sure. B is probably number two, and I agree with the border thing. Although, the border does add a little something.

I don't use reversals for Oracle decks, so that's alright, but it's a difficult choice. Why do there have to be so many good ones? :p Thank you!

banbha

Thank you, you brave souls who dared to defy the absence of a poll option! :laugh:

I was leaning towards C myself (or really A, B, C, D, E & F). Jumbo size is tempting but even "regular" size decks are too big for my tiny hands.

(Does anyone know if this is the jumbo size deck or the regular, by the way? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4Zf5jeL_I)

That is the regular sized deck and a great review. Thanks for sharing.

The Jumbo is huge. The main reason I ordered the jumbo is the art. Shuffling and handling are secondary to the detail in the art for me on this one.

I like the bat one too, but I liked it better when I thought it was leaves, since I actually think it's a little too dark in the other sense. Though, it is rather neat.

This deck can be a dark in both senses of the word. But it is not all shadow, more wonderful weirdness!

I'm surprised you say that C, D, F are the most popular ones. I definitely thought A and B. Where I've seen it on YouTube it has been these two backs that are most commonly displayed. I do like the starry ones. They're dreamy, but I'm not sure if I might grow tired of them. It's so difficult, I still haven't made up my mind.

The deck creator, Freder from Duck Soup, came and posted the tally of most popular backs (and his favorite is A). Check it out here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4543609&postcount=67

I think you'll find this thread helpful.

How is the deck to work with? Do you enjoy giving readings with it? Is it worth the price? I'm imagining it would be a great complement to a Tarot reading to give it further direction. But sometimes it turns out a little differently when you have the deck in your hands. The use often makes itself known after you've worked with it for awhile.

Thank you so much!

I think it's well worth it! :D The Jumbo size is a handful and I've only used it as a personal deck. I would not let anyone else shuffle this deck. I've been considering getting a standard size as a reading a deck. Then I will choose the bats (I think).

Using it is like stepping into a folk/fairy tales, not the modern antiseptic versions, but the darker, gnarled roots of the tales. The readings are incisive and cut no corners. The use of language is rich and varied. There is a joy of meaning and interpretation both in art and prose!

AnemoneRosie

I went with B. I was torn between that and G.
I also have the Fountain. They are wildly different decks. I adore both of them. My clients respond quite well to both, too.