I want the Thoth Tarot

Shadow Wolf

Thanks, I will try using it again and writing down my intuitive feelings and impressions, and see what I can come up with.

I appreciate the help !!

Glass Owl

Shadow Wolf said:
I loved the artwork, it gave me an awesome reading. Next time up to Woodstock, I'm getting it.
Have you picked up your Thoth deck yet?

sweet_intuition

The Thoth Deck I have (1st edition AGM Mueller with 2 extra Magus Cards) was a very rare find at this lil ol occult bookstore thats hidden in a very inconspicuous location here in india. It was the only version of the Thoth Deck he had and it was costing more than a hundred american dollars. I still bought it. And from the moment I held those cards in my hand. I so knew they were worth every penny.

It's been more than 3 months with it. I've used it exclusively to do all my readings over here. And it works like a charm (although at first I did have some issues as I had been reading with RWS for the past seven years... however, now that I've gotten a hold of it, and read the book of thoth.. it works like magic).

I hope you enjoy the Thoth Deck you purchase.

Love and Blessings

:)

Abrac

93 magicians?

hmmm...that's a lot of magicians. ;)

archer1

I too was very impressed with the Thoth deck. Out of the 10 or so decks I have 4 are Thoth decks.

As such I still am having trouble using the decks....

Just a note the mediums decks all come with 3 magician cards Frieda Harris had to draw 3 before Crowley was satisfied.

Glass Owl

Breezes said:
I had heard it was a dark deck, and some people have said they had bad experiences with it (sort of like the NOVT) and that the images were scary. I just don't see that, yet.
I had a wicked online reading with a thoth deck many months ago and then I had a bizarre experience with a damaged Thoth-like deck that I sent back to Amazon. Due to these incidents I swore I would stay away from the Thoth because I thought it would be just too dark and scary for me. But some time has passed and then yesterday I stumbled on a site that offered a free tarot reading and just as I clicked on the submit button, I realized that the deck was the Thoth.

Surprising, I found the reading truthful but not "mean spirited" like my previous reading. The images just seemed to leap out at me. It is a powerful deck. The reading made me think and I felt positive about it. Maybe I'm in the right place to handle the Thoth now, who knows. Maybe it was just because the Thoth was in a good mood :)

But that online reading yesterday has made me rethink whether I should get an actual Thoth deck to use. In fact, I thought all about it today. I am very torn though. Some of the images (on paper at least) speak to me in a way I can't explain and have done so since I first saw them. Maybe that is another reason why I'm a bit afraid of taking that leap and getting them.

Voron

archer1 said:
Just a note the mediums decks all come with 3 magician cards Frieda Harris had to draw 3 before Crowley was satisfied.

I'm sure she drew it more than three times...I've seen another draft...
He made her redraw many cards...

I think alot of people just pick the Magician card they like the best and leave the other two out for readings...or in any case, that's what I do...

Oh, and ShadowWolf, Make sure to get a Swiss printing of the Thoth if you can...