Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 10 - #40

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 10
Number: 40

Symbol: A RED CROSS NURSE WITH WARM SYMPATHY.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 10 is:

TAURUS 9 ~ A CHRISTMAS TREE IS DECORATED AND SHINES IN THE DARKNESS.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 10 is:

TAURUS 11 ~ A WOMAN SPRINKLING LONG ROWS OF FLOWERS.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 10 is:

SCORPIO 10 ~ A FELLOWSHIP SUPPER REUNITES OLD COMRADES.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 10 are:

LEO 10 ~ EARLY MORNING DEW SALUTES THE SUNLIGHT.

SCORPIO 10 ~ A FELLOWSHIP SUPPER REUNITES OLD COMRADES.

AQUARIUS 10 ~ A MAN WHO HAD BECOME FOR A TIME THE EMBODIMENT OF AN IDEAL IS MADE TO REALIZE THAT AS A PERSON HE IS NOT THIS IDEAL.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 10 are:

CANCER 22 ~ A YOUNG WOMAN AWAITING A SAILBOAT.

LIBRA 4 ~ A GROUP OF YOUNG PEOPLE SIT IN SPIRITUAL COMMUNION AROUND A CAMPFIRE.

SAGITTARIUS 16 ~ SEA GULLS FLY AROUND A SHIP LOOKING FOR FOOD.

AQUARIUS 28 ~ A TREE FELLED AND SAWED TO ENSURE A SUPPLY OF WOOD FOR THE WINTER.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr M E Jones has the key word as enlistment and discusses the symbol as a looking out for others needs and attending to them in an efficient manner...

Body Part Cervical veins (spinal nerves)

Element Red Calcite
Discussion Calcite is one of the most abundant minerals on earth, Calcium Carbonate is the chemical make up of Calcite. Spiritually, red calcite aids in courage, strength and increases energy to handle (particularly) survival situations. All calcite including red calcite aids in reducing stress, and aids in protecting and purifying.

To me this is a RED RED sybmol, that really red, blood, nurse, heart, healing RED - taurus red not aries red I suppose. ITs a sybmol of caring for or being cared for by someone.. yes a few people I know who have this in their SUN LIFE PATH OR CHIRON placement are nurses... healing, how important is that, rest healing, respite, care love and attention... in positive sustaining and beinifical ways. I suppose this symbol also means to me conventional medicine too..

MARINA

Simone

And it makes me think of the nurse in the movie "The English Patient" - caring for someone just because he needs it, is human, alive and in pain, no matter where from, no matter what is in his past.

Unconditional love?

One can of course overdo it and care for everyone because it has become a substitute for love or it has become an addiction to feel needed, so much that we never even check if what we give really is needed.

tink27

Emotional Alchemy

The Holy Grail is an emblem of the the 'Cup of the Waters' or the Rosi-Crucis (the 'Dew Cup'), and it was identified in all records (including those of Egypt and Phoenicia and in the Hebrew annals) as being an upright, centred red cross within a circle.

Alchemists like Paracelsus, John Frederick Helvetius, and the Rosicrucians took an oath to heal human suffering wherever they found it and to take no money in payment. Thus began the Red Cross. Those that would literally travel into enemy lines, into a dark labrynth to save and rescue This same knowledge was preserved in the secret traditions of witchcraft and alchemy.

When tradegy strikes a country, city, or village, have you noticed the immediate care and compassion given by all of humanity in every country after the tragic events. The entire world responds with deep heart-felt words of encouragement and support. The Red Cross has been overwhelmed with blood donors, a metaphor and a symbol of sacrifice.

The word that struck a chord with me was 'Sympathy' - a big difference to the word 'Compassion'. Both words I believe symbolize a nurse making others feel loved and cared for. But doesn't sympathy mean we actually take on another's pain, (empath?) which can drain us and make us feel 'quite' overly sensitive at times. We should not get too emotionally involved with the lessons of those we help. Definitely share your empathy with others but at some point you've got to get on with your own life. A true healer is a conduit for the universal life force who can absorb the negativity into themselves, dissipate it and then release it.

Any other thoughts?

tink

MCsea

Simone
Oh yes - that movie for sure! and I do think healers tend to 'overdo it too' yes spot on

tink27
THANK YOU for adding some history of the RED CROSS - really interesting twist that is hmm... I think the sympathy - empathy aspect is the earthy taurus harmony, its real - in a healing way, paractical and it works... yes I understand and agree with your post - great insight thank you

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 724

MCsea

purple_scorp

beautiful - look at the love and care in the eyes...

thanks

MARINA

MaineGirl117

The Holy Grail is an emblem of the the 'Cup of the Waters' or the Rosi-Crucis (the 'Dew Cup'), and it was identified in all records (including those of Egypt and Phoenicia and in the Hebrew annals) as being an upright, centred red cross within a circle.

Alchemists like Paracelsus, John Frederick Helvetius, and the Rosicrucians took an oath to heal human suffering wherever they found it and to take no money in payment. Thus began the Red Cross. Those that would literally travel into enemy lines, into a dark labrynth to save and rescue This same knowledge was preserved in the secret traditions of witchcraft and alchemy.

When tradegy strikes a country, city, or village, have you noticed the immediate care and compassion given by all of humanity in every country after the tragic events. The entire world responds with deep heart-felt words of encouragement and support. The Red Cross has been overwhelmed with blood donors, a metaphor and a symbol of sacrifice.

The word that struck a chord with me was 'Sympathy' - a big difference to the word 'Compassion'. Both words I believe symbolize a nurse making others feel loved and cared for. But doesn't sympathy mean we actually take on another's pain, (empath?) which can drain us and make us feel 'quite' overly sensitive at times. We should not get too emotionally involved with the lessons of those we help. Definitely share your empathy with others but at some point you've got to get on with your own life. A true healer is a conduit for the universal life force who can absorb the negativity into themselves, dissipate it and then release it.

Any other thoughts?

tink

This is an amazingly profound assessment of this symbol. I found a website some time back that gave me my planetary Sabian Symbols, saved it to a doc. and completely forgot about it for over a year while I pursued my Tarot studies. Now that I'm coming back around and expanding my knowledge of Astrology (using Tarot as the hub) I've run into these symbols again.

I have my Sun in Taurus, just over 9 degrees and so appropriately related it to Taurus 10. At the end of my undergrad career I briefly considered applying to med school, but disregarded it. I DID apply to Vet school, but given the circumstances, did not attend. Years later I now find myself working for the government in the area of diseases and ensuring they don't enter into the global food supply. In my own minor way, I work as a "humanitarian".

The above reference to the red cross and the Holy Grail strikes a deep, resonating chord with me as well. My Ascended Master is Mary Magdalene, who was also said to be a renowned healer. It's also said that she retired to the South of France, and it's interesting to note that the League of International Red Cross Societies was founded in 1919 in Paris. For me, she represents the Holy Grail and the Ace of Cups in Tarot. Deep, abiding love (unconditional? Yes, I would say so - as someone else mentioned in these posts) - not to the extend that you drain yourself dry caring for your loved ones, but more so, that no living thing is more or less deserving than the next. The nurse to me says that no injured person, be they friend or foe, is denied medical care. For me, this resonates on a personal level in that, no matter how I feel about an individual personally, if I have skills, talents and abilities that will help a person who has come to me in need, I *cannot* deny them. I also can't walk past a person crying or clearly distraught without asking them if they need help. This is not to say that I cannot place limits on my assistance. A nurse is not a doctor. There is only so much that I can do, but at least I can offer what knowledge I do have to get them started on the path to *recovery* or direct them towards the proper resources to help them.

As far as the reference towards empathic abilities, I would have to agree with this as well. It's been quite a struggle for me to understand this ability and it's function, but also to build protective walls so as not to be overwhelmed by others. As a Taurus, it has become very important for me to meditate daily to ground myself so I don't get swept away by other's emotions. The ability to transmute emotional pain began with my own personal experiences. A wounded nurse is no good to other's if she is injured herself. But I also think that's her strength. She can empathize/sympathize with her patient because she understands not only the "wound", but how it affects everything else in the body as well.

In this respect, and in my case I think, this symbol speaks a lot to me about not being as "indoctornated" by traditional medicine. Doctors have formal education to get the "dr" title, but a *soul nurse* can draw on other therapies like Reikie and Herbs - alternative medicine.

Anyway, I also find it interesting that my Astrological "Birthday" Card is the 5 of Pentacles. Makes me think, in combination with this symbol, that perhaps I'm not the poor lost soul, but the window with the light in it :)

The sequence of cards (before and after) is interesting too. A Christmas tree with lights, and a row of flowers being watered. The Christmas tree has been cut down, it's going to die and there's no way to avoid that now. But on the other side, you've got flowers growing and thriving from being watered. The theme of resurrection comes to mind, facilitated by the Nurse. The red cross appears on the RWS Judgment card and deals with themes of resurrection too, and similarly, Mary Magdalene witnessed Christ's resurrection too. I wonder what that all could mean?

I'm curious about this part of the post:
Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 10 are:

CANCER 22 ~ A YOUNG WOMAN AWAITING A SAILBOAT.

LIBRA 4 ~ A GROUP OF YOUNG PEOPLE SIT IN SPIRITUAL COMMUNION AROUND A CAMPFIRE.

SAGITTARIUS 16 ~ SEA GULLS FLY AROUND A SHIP LOOKING FOR FOOD.

AQUARIUS 28 ~ A TREE FELLED AND SAWED TO ENSURE A SUPPLY OF WOOD FOR THE WINTER.

What does this mean and how do you interpret it? I have Saturn in Libra just over the 4 degree mark. While I do understand that I would look at Libra 5, Libra 4 does factor in, and it's placed within the 5 Star Matrix. Anybody know what that could mean, or where I can go to find out more?

MaineGirl117

Another thought:

During times of war, aren't the Red Cross camps suppose to be considered "off limits" in the sense that there is an unspoken agreement that these camps were not to be bombed, the red cross wagons and supplies were allowed safe passage (this of course, would be in an ideal sense)? Are they then not a place of "asylum" ? Sanctuary?

Their headquarters are in Geneva, does that not also scream "neutrality" to you?