Victorian Flower Oracle: Orange Flower

.traveller.

Orange Flower
Memories

Image: A Orange Blossom bride stands before a gate. She contemplates the flowers strewn before her.

I was just talking with someone about this card so I figured I would post it here too. Her life is about to change by her own hand, the flowers symbolized the life she has lived up to that point. The gate behind her is the new life she is about to embark upon. This new identity is one she will assume willingly, but only after she makes peace with the person she was. Essentially, I see this as examining any regrets you may have about things done or not done. Once you pass through that gate, you can't go back.
It's telling you to clean your own house because something big is coming your way and you must be ready to accept your new role.

Language of Flowers "Innocence, Eternal Love, Marriage, Fruitfulness"

Ange

I wonder about the gate being coloured green.....as if the eye is to be drawn to it for some reason....possibly making us think that she will walk through the gate to start a new life. But then the background behind the gate is the back and white of the foreground, so if she walked through the gate the colours of her life would stay the same.

What of the flowers in front of her.....they look a bit past it and as if they are on a compost heap...unless it's my specs not picking up the detail again.

If they are on a compost heap then she might be thinking that it's a shame they have gone, but she will know in the back of her mind that soon they will be back, will grow again.

Are the memories coming into it through things that have passed? Although there will be more to come, she doesn't want to forget the ones that were there before....

I'm starting to ramble on these threads....:):)
Ang x

Barbaras Ahajusts

Orange Flowers: "We were once together for a time. Both growing as seedlings, struggling to reach the light & come into all our glory. But now, ah but now look at you! You have gone further towards the sun, and blossomed into heights that amaze us!

You will soon to be taken into new places, to sow seeds for another time. We will always be here, wondering where you will share your beauty & if you will be many.
We won't forget you anytime soon. We will remember our lives together, with you, with fond memories.
Ahh the days we had as tender ones."

Barbara

.traveller.

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
Orange Flowers: "We were once together for a time. Both growing as seedlings, struggling to reach the light & come into all our glory. But now, ah but now look at you! You have gone further towards the sun, and blossomed into heights that amaze us!

You will soon to be taken into new places, to sow seeds for another time. We will always be here, wondering where you will share your beauty & if you will be many.
We won't forget you anytime soon. We will remember our lives together, with you, with fond memories.
Ahh the days we had as tender ones."

Barbara

I loved that quote, good choice Barb! I even thought about typing that one in myself :D

Barbaras Ahajusts

.traveller. said:
I loved that quote, good choice Barb! I even thought about typing that one in myself :D
Sometimes I get creative & think of something mushy to say! Is there someone else who did something else like mine?
Damn, I must be good? :laugh: :D:D:D

Barb

.traveller.

I could have sworn I have read that somewhere before, but I can't put my hands on the source...it's not where I thought it was.

Of course, I might have "read" your post in my sleep and attributed it to one of the Victorian era volumes of poetry I have, since it has a similar sound.
I've been known to "read" entire chapters of novels in my sleep, not even owning the book... so it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I'm going to keep looking, because I believe there was more to the piece I "read". This sort of thing drives me mad/bonkers.

Sophie

Because of the traditional association with bridal and purity, I don't get the "memories" association of this card - except perhaps in the way explained by Traveller in her opening post. I love orange flowers - neroli - in aromatherapy, it is one of the most precious of all essences, very uplifting and invaluable against any form of depression, melancholy, etc. Also an astringent essence - wakes you up, but gently, makes you feel all fresh, tingly and springlike. I often use it, and I love the smell of orange blossoms in Spain, where I sometimes lives. It has an irresistible association with joy for me.

Of course, these things CAN come up as memories, but it's not my first thought about this flower, nor even my second.