Tarot of Prague - General Comments

annik

Excellent choice! Well, I say that because I have a soft spot for the knight (and the king) of swords. I know a bit more about the background story of the card but I like to think about my dreaming vision of this knight. Maybe I am a bit too much romantic about stories of cape and swords! Well, mainly about Zorro! lol!

Gardener

From Jewel-ry:
Since I am next on the list, I will probably need someone to send me a gentle reminder to pull the next card, next Saturday. Feel free to pm me someone

Your extremely subtle hint has been noted

Bean Feasa

Hey, this is BRILLIANT!

Delighted to see the café so full and lively - what did we do - was it all the Christmas decorations, or the new (secret) mix of spices for the mulled wine? Or was it the beauty of the deck itself - much more likely to be just that, I'd guess. At any rate welcome, one and all!
I haven't been around the café or the boards in general for a while - we're changing internet service providers at home the moment and there's been much more of a delay than we'd anticipated between disentangling from one and getting set up with the other. I can post a little from work (in a furtive, guilty sort of way), but can't really get stuck in. So post away everyone and I'll be popping in in another week or 10 days time, all being well.
Meanwhile I'll add this thread to the index sticky.
Talk to you all soon,
blessings
Kate

baba-prague

annik said:
Excellent choice! Well, I say that because I have a soft spot for the knight (and the king) of swords. I know a bit more about the background story of the card but I like to think about my dreaming vision of this knight. Maybe I am a bit too much romantic about stories of cape and swords! Well, mainly about Zorro! lol!

Personally, I think his romanticism is part of his (dangerous) charm - I find him romantic too!

TheLovers2

Re: First Card of The Week

Hello, Everyone:

I just want to say that now that we're doing this "card a week" posting, I can feel it now -- I'm about to be stretched and challenged. This deck is sooo demanding to me and it's not simple and what if the card won't really talk to me. I, actually thought that I wasn't going to be able to post on the Knight of Swords because when I would look at the card, nothing much came from it. Finally, I just had to do it or miss posting for this week. Once, I allowed myself to relax and "just go with it," I felt that I got from it what I was supposed to get. The card yielded and I was not left emptyhanded. BUT, there are other cards in this deck that affect me this way. I think I'm in for it.

Hey, if a card is chosen and it REFUSES to give me anything coherent, I'm just going to say that. FOLKS, IT WON'T TALK TO ME. I know this probably sounds silly, but, the ToP and I have an odd relationship.

With some of the cards, it's as though someone has thrown a million things at me and then says, "Ok, now what did I just throw?" Heck, I don't know - a bunch of stuff. Wait a minute, let me think . . . I know there were some peas and . . ." Then with others, I stare at them and they just stare back at me. "What do you want to tell me?" Silence.

Mind you, this is only when deciphering/interpreting one card. In a reading, in conjunction with other cards in the "family" there's no problem.

Just my ToP angst coming out. Angst might be too strong a word. How about trepidation? Yeah, that's it.

Hey guys, that's why I started this Thread. :) I need a place to vent and talk in general about my "relationship" with "you know who." It's like having a relationship where you love each other, but, one (ToP) wants to be difficult with the other (me) sometimes. :) No, I haven't lost it - not yet, anyway :D

TL2 :TLOVE

Jewel-ry

Thanks for the reminders everyone!!!

Shuffled three times and asked the deck to give us a card to focus on in the lead up to xmas ...

... Ace of Pentacles :)

Beautiful, I shall go find an old thread or start a new one rightaway.

~

TheLovers2

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Everyone!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Christmas today and for those who don't celebrate Christmas; I hope that you are having a wonderful day regardless. Mine is truly a quiet one.

Well, this is really kind of cute, actually. After asking the deck which card we should post on this week, shuffling and cutting into three piles, the card that I pulled is none other than THE LOVERS. How appropriate. ;)

There is already a Thread for The Lovers so everyone can begin posting whenever they choose. Look forward to it. :)

TL2 :TLOVE

Mama Lion

Tarot of Prague ...gift to myself

Hello all,
Reading all the fine praise about this deck I decided to treat myself, it arrived today! Very excited to spend some time with it. I have a question I hope someone might be able to answer.
I ordered the set (deck and book) from Amazon. It came in a large rectangular box. The deck is encased in a ....kind of like a book cover tied with gold ribbons(very yummy) inside it is signed by the two creators. It also says it is a limited edition 2003 then 0296/3500 .
It certainly feels like a very special deck. Are they all signed and numbered?
thank you,
Mama Lion

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes, they are all numbered and signed -- mine was #0162. Isn't that a nice touch? It is a very real part of the overall connection we have for this very fine interpretation and expression of the tarot. Dave.

baba-prague

I probably ought to make it clear that it's only the first edition (the one that comes in the little "book" cover with gold ribbon) that is numbered. Not all are signed - we sign whenever we are asked to, and we also signed all the first orders and some of the "significant" numbers.
Edited to say - by the way, if you got number 296, that would have been from the first batch that are all numbered. I thought those had all gone ages ago, but then again, we never know what's lurking in a warehouse or shop!

The second edition (the one in the tuckbox with the blue backs on the cards) is not limited so it isn't numbered or - usually - signed. Of course, we are very happy to sign on request.

We really wanted the first edition to feel - and be - very special - it's our first deck after all, and has meant a lot to us :)
________
By the way, with the recent Baroque Bohemian Cats' tarot we have done things the other way around. The edition that is out now is the non-limited, mass-market one (i.e. it will be reprinted as necessary) but sometime in the next year we hope to do a very limited "special" edition - even more limited than the first Tarot of Prague though.