Maddonni tarot

Queen Hippolyta

Does anyone here use the Moddanni tarot? I have tried to use it but have had trouble connecting with it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to connect with this deck. It does not "feel" bad it just feels...I don't know how to put it into words..."beyond reach". Like Alice starring into the Looking Glass.

Could I get a public opinion of this deck?

Queen Hippolyta

cardlady22 said:
Do you mean http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/maddonni/?

On this thread, fyreflye posts that it uses the Etteilla/Lévi.

Yes...sowwy...rule of thumb...never post when you are tired or late at night! That is the deck I meant however......Know anything about it? Have any suggestions on how to connect with it?

cardlady22

No, I don't have this deck.

Etteilla's meanings are in Paul Huson's book Mystical Origins of the Tarot, as well as here
TAROT DIVINATION
THREE PARALLEL TRADITIONS
Edited & Translated By
JAMES W. REVAK

Wendywu

I have it and really like it. The pip cards are unillustrated (for those who don't have it) and yes, it's Etteilla meanings. There is a good (as these things go) LWB that would be very helpful if you don't have the Huson book. I think it's a really interesting deck :)

Queen Hippolyta

cardlady22 said:
No, I don't have this deck.

Etteilla's meanings are in Paul Huson's book Mystical Origins of the Tarot, as well as here
TAROT DIVINATION
THREE PARALLEL TRADITIONS
Edited & Translated By
JAMES W. REVAK
Thank you....Etteilla may respond to this thread if he/she wishes to. I would like for others to respond as well. I like to hear from many points of view/opinions.

thanks
Queen Hippolyta

Queen Hippolyta

Wendywu said:
I have it and really like it. The pip cards are unillustrated (for those who don't have it) and yes, it's Etteilla meanings. There is a good (as these things go) LWB that would be very helpful if you don't have the Huson book. I think it's a really interesting deck :)

You know Wendy the problem I am having with this deck may not lie in how to read it but in how I selected it. I did not "select" it, it was suggested to me. It was suggested to me because I was told "that many who use this deck say they feel the Virgin Mary when they use it". So I bought this deck on that account, in fact I had to special order it. This is something I have never done with a tarot, I have never bought a tarot sight unseen. (Or even not even "felt" it before buying) The name of the deck sounded interesting enough so I decided to make a try of it.

I am now convinced that I need to scan every tarot deck before buying!!!

Greg Stanton

I love this tarot.

But just to be clear, the trumps in this deck are not structured in the same way that the Etteilla trumps are — they are named and ordered traditionally (although drawn in a highly individual and stylistic way). Etteilla's trumps are very different, as he attempted to reconcile the traditional cards with his own ideas about Hermetic and Ancient Egyptian mythology.

You are free to interpret the pips in any way you like, using Etteilla's meanings, RWS, or your own system.

Queen Hippolyta

OctoberGwen said:
*whispers* Erm...that probably won't happen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etteilla
Look...I don't mean to sound like a smart a$$...but I have been reading tarot too long and being dead is no excuse for not contacting me!! If he wants to...he will! ;]