Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

lunalafey

mooncat2 said:
Where have I been? I missed this.

Is there still time for me to join in?

For the record, anyone can join at any time- even if it's March.
The only thing that would be different is where you put the first card - what sign is the Sun in when you do your throw...
(and when you will start your year- some do annuals starting on thier birthdays)

WhiteRaven

I wasn't sure if you set a limit because of the study group...didn't think so. I have a couple of folks that might want to paddle along with you so I'll let them know that it's still ok to jump in and that they can whenever they want to.

Thanks for clarifying Luna :)

Seems like there's a lot that are really interested in this but are afraid to try it because of it's complexity.

WhiteRaven

I have a totally "newbie to Astrology" question. I have been going to many different sites lately in connection to trying to understand the "Houses" and I've come across many different descriptions to what each house represents. Which ones are the right ones?

At least 4 sites list the houses with different meanings. Gets really confusing and becomes a game of which one to pick.

Any suggestions?

Moongold

Is it that the language is slightly different but the spirit of the meaning is the same?

There are different schools of astrology where the emphasis might be a little different but it should be OK for you to pick a system that speaks to you and go with that. It is what has meaning to you that counts.

WhiteRaven

I'm kind of mixing as I go I guess...like the 4th house in my twist thread I referred to "Karma" which is my interp of it anyway...it's suppose to be one's deepest root or foundation in personality. Some say home environment...I grabbed onto the "Karma" descrip out of the three that I ran across.

It's like anything else...tons of books and interpretations on Wicca, Tarot, Astrology, Numerology...everyone putting what "they" perceive is the "right" way...you have to toss a coin at times...or go by what you feel...I tend to lean towards the latter.

Thanks MoonGold! :) I think we are on the same wave...

Melvis

It's good to see more people trying out this spread! I'm definitely enjoying learning more about astrology as I do my own.

For my reference guide I use Astro-Dienst's Introduction to Astrology pages, since they seemed to be the easiest to navigate and understand.

I think I'm going to kind of interpret my spread in layers -- my first impression, then take the planets into account, then the elements, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it all straight by doing it that way.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

mooncat2

Vital statistics!

Personality card - 18 - Moon
Soul card - 9 - Hermit
Rising sign - Leo with Pluto conjunct Asc, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus in Pisces, Mars & Saturn rx in Cancer, Jupiter rx & Neptune rx in Libra, Uranus in Gemini.

Presently in a Death year whichs changes to Temperance on 4th March, 2005

Cards drawn:

Sagittarius - 7 Cups (sth node)
Capricorn - Fool
Aquarius - 4 Wands
Pisces - Justice (Sun Moon, Mercury, Venus)
Aries - 3 Cups
Taurus - 3 Wands
Gemini - 3 Swords
Cancer - Devil
Leo - Page Cups
Virgo - World
Libra - Sun
Scorpio - Queen Pentacles

WhiteRaven

Info

I forgot to do this in here....thanks MoonCat2 for prompting me indirectly. :)

My name is Jo-Ann.
My Personality & Soul Card is The Chariot (7, Moon)
My Hidden Factor card is The Tower(Mars)
My Cycle Year is 2, The High Priestess which will change in January 2005

Sun - Capricorn
ASC - Taurus/Gemini
Moon - Capricorn
Mercury is also in Capricorn, the planets in my natal chart that aren't in Capricorn are Saturn and Venus in Aquarius, Neptune in Scorpio, Jupiter in Aries, and Pluto and Uranus in Virgo. North Node is Cancer and South Node is Capricorn.

Here are my cards...

Scorpio = Knight of Cups {Neptune}
Sagitararius = Six of Rods
Capricorn = Strength {Sun, Moon, Mercury, South Node}
Aquarius = Justice {Saturn, Venus}
Pisces = Nine of Rods
Aries = Page of Swords {Jupiter}
Taurus = Seven of Cups {1/2 ASC}
Gemini = Four of Swords {1/2 ASC}
Cancer = The Fool {North Node, Personality/Soul Number}
Leo = 10 of Swords
Virgo= Six of Swords {Pluto,Uranus}
Libra = Four of Wands

lunalafey

useless information??

heehee- having a look through this thread I noticed-
Whales Woman- your birthday is the same day as my daughters and Mooncat's is the same as my younger son's...that's kinda .... neat...
Phoenix is a few days away to complete that trio of mine....
sorry....I can be amused by the oddest things.....

Melvis and Whales Woman- your birthdays are a day apart (not sure of the year span- did not pay attention to that) I mention this becuase as I have been going over my throw and that of White Ravens (we have the same 3 planets in Cap and the other earth signs for risings) I'm finding simular messages. I'm curious about how the planets are influencing this; be it a placement of natals or the combined planets with progressions- interesting....
So Melvis and Whales Woman- keep an eye out for any simularities you two might have. Adds to the astrological experience...

houses 7-8-9 coming up soon...

WhiteRaven

There is something to be said about doing this Astro-Twist and laying your life on the table....if you don't interpret what you really see...you could be looked upon as not being able to interp the cards and not a good reader. If you post what you really see...man it feels like you're standing in the middle of a mall with no clothes on....sigh I'm not into skyclad thank you...was hard to do some of the interps that was seen in my spread...I reminded myself that those that read it can think what they want..hell...I don't have to meet any of them face to face...I'm just posting what I see and trying to learn...that's why I'm here. But I must tell you all that are involved with this twist thing...if you really get into it you are going right down to the bone of who you are ...beware of that 12th house...it's wicked! It was very hard to post what I did...I just kept reminding myself it was for learning purposes. One thing for sure...if the people in this forum didn't know me...they sure know me now!

Just some thoughts I thought I would share within our group.

Luna....what is the next step and how do we do it...I'd like to get into it if I may....I'm really enjoying this...