Tarot and Salt lamps

WoodMan33

I recently purchased 2 salt lamps to cleanse air particles in my house. It was done from a purely health standpoint as I wanted to clear air of pollutants. I have a quartz crystal as well to clear my deck and clear my own thoughts. Do these salt lamps help in clearing the air and getting a more clear reading from the deck ?

Barleywine

Interesting question. The shop-keeper where I do public readings has a few of them scattered around her shop, and I assumed they're more than decoration. I'll have to ask her.

WoodMan33

They are Himalayan salt crystals and are said to have medicinal healing powers so couldn't they be helpful with regards to clairvoyance as well ?

Shade

No, I can't see any way that would be of special benefit to tarot reading other than ambiance. I do believe that ambiance does wonders for readers though if it puts us in a good frame of mind.

Zephyros

I myself would love to have one, but they're so prohibitively expensive here in Israel that they're just not something I would spend money on. Buying one abroad and having it sent is also impossible because the costs of transporting a heavy stone in the mail would render any savings moot.

Falcor

I myself would love to have one, but they're so prohibitively expensive here in Israel that they're just not something I would spend money on. Buying one abroad and having it sent is also impossible because the costs of transporting a heavy stone in the mail would render any savings moot.

I can point you to not so expensive place if you need.
Anyway I have one and I should use it more, to see if there are any effects. :)

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

A number of posts were removed because they were disrespectful to the beliefs of the OP. While it is natural to have differences of opinion, and indeed those differences should be celebrated, they should also be worded respectfully and in context and on topic.

Thanks for cooperating,

Talking Tarot Moderators

Tanga

I recently purchased 2 salt lamps to cleanse air particles in my house. It was done from a purely health standpoint as I wanted to clear air of pollutants. I have a quartz crystal as well to clear my deck and clear my own thoughts. Do these salt lamps help in clearing the air and getting a more clear reading from the deck ?

I have one that was a gift. It gives off a beautiful soft light and is certainly novel.
I know that they are natural ionizers. So prompted by your post, I googled:
http://www.criticalcactus.com/himalayan-pink-salt-lamp-health-benefits/
Looks like for significant health benefits one would have to plaster their room with these lamps.

Even so - knowing it is a healthy thing - I switch mine on every evening and stare at it with the idea that it's scrubbing a bit of my environment to make me feel better.
And If I had the money and space - I'd buy a few more. :)

If you believe that it aids in clearer readings and boosting clairvoyance - why not?
Believe it - and it is so.

As Shade says - the ambience is wonderful.

EmpyreanKnight

There are so many Himalayan Salt Lamps in the crystal shops here, of varying sizes and prices. So that's what they do.

Well, they look so much nicer than lava lamps. I wonder if they require special cleaning techniques.

Tanga

There are so many Himalayan Salt Lamps in the crystal shops here, of varying sizes and prices. So that's what they do.

Well, they look so much nicer than lava lamps. I wonder if they require special cleaning techniques.

It's a lump of salt in which a hole has been cut/drilled to put a housing with a bulb in it.
Real salt - you can eat it.
You won't be able to clean it - except to chip off the top layer if it starts to look grimy, or dissolve off the top layer by wiping it with a wet cloth.

Or are you refering to some "special energetic clearing techniques"? :)