Margarete Petersen Study -Six of Flames - transcending limits

firemaiden

Translation
  • The fire of transcending limits (Entgrenzung)-- jumping over the fence. Dance--rhythm--movement--sexuality. The boundary between I and not-I melts. Getting beyond onself to a new wholeness. To spring lithe as a cat into another force-field. Victory, triumph means to be in the present moment with all that you feel, smell, taste, hear and see.

Link to image: Sechs der Flammen

Return to MP Index

BrightEye

Is it just me or does anyone else see a penis in this card?

firemaiden

Hey ! Hi Bright-eye ! Well, halleluia, someone has finally seen the penis. I've been waiting for seven years ... Wait, that's a joke, no I do not think I noticed it before. But it goes along really well with the idea of Entgrenzung -- transcending boundaries ... "the boundary between I and not-I melts" ... chic, Bright eye, well now we are finally getting somewhere on this deck. So what do you think of this association for the six of wands/flames ?

BrightEye

The sex act fits well with the idea of Entgrenzung as you say. Interestingly, for me the card came up in a non-sexual context: the merging of two souls before the physical union has taken place.

firemaiden

Ah, well that's perfect then, the merging of two souls before sexual union -- in this card -- the sexual separation is still unbreached -- otherwise we wouldn't see the penis, no ?