Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

M-Press

YES more pics in the book!

Hi there!
great to hear all this...

Just wanted toy say something about more pics in the book...
I think it's great, the more the better...
I really like the additions in the tarot of Prague book, all the sources, it makes sort of master piece by itself...
and in this case cat lovers will definitely drool...
It will be a must to have it!

It will also put the book on a different level, making it unique, and not just another re-tell of the story...
Think of it also under "Pets" section in a bookstore.
I love when tarot stuff mixes up with the rest of life...

:)

Alta

Sign me up for the collector's edition. Just to be able to really see the wonderful detail!

baba-prague

We will try to do a collector's edition. It may take a while to work out really how to go about this. I imagine very large cards on special paper. Anyway, once we decide, we'll keep you posted of course. Thanks for the encouragement. We weren't sure whether to do this, but I think there is enough interest - and I'd personally love to do some oversized cards of this deck.

Here are two more cards, The Fool and Death. As ever, a bit small at this size, so some detail is definitely lost.

Very interested to get feedback on Death. We wanted it to be serious, not "cute" or jokey, but at the same time not too grim (this is a cat's deck).

We've set it in a Baroque Marionette theatre.

Oh - just to say (at Alex's request) please bear in mind that our cards look very different in print. There is so much detail that on-screen images, especially small ones, aren't a great way to show the work. Still, it gives some idea hopefully.

Attachments

• c_fool_small.jpg
    c_fool_small.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 109

baba-prague

The Death card -

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more

;-)

Attachments

• c_death_small.jpg
    c_death_small.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 114

baba-prague

This might help. It's a crop of The Fool, where at least you can see (kind of!) that the weather vane is an angel. Though - sigh - you can't see that he is holding a quill pen.

Must get the website up!

Attachments

• c_fool_crop.jpg
    c_fool_crop.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 108

Hedera

These look lovely!

It's like a world full of Puss in Boots.....;)

Have you thought about having a little dog yapping at the Fool's heels? Maybe not a photographic one, but something more playful.

Hmmmm, out in April did you say?
*off to make a note on my calendar*

baba-prague

Yes, it is very Puss in Boots. I love that story - as you can tell.

So, the dog? It's a good suggestion. Well, in fact we tried an animal - though it was more like a squirrel. The particular one we tried didn't work - partly a style thing as much as anything. Someone has just pm-ed me (I won't say who but she may like to say more) and suggested a mouse, and that's an interesting idea - but again, it would depend very much how we do it.

For now, we decided to have the animal hidden in the sgraffito on the wall. Not that you can see it at this tiny size, but there is a strange little animal in the wall pictures (almost a sun or a green-man - one of those weird and wonderful little renaissance decorations).

But we may think more about an animal. Not sure. Certainly these may change a bit before April (we hope April - but likely to be late April!)

We do have a dog in some of the other cards - couldn't resist.

skytwig

I just read the whooooooole thread..... WOW!!!!

Your hard work clearly exudes from the cards! Excellent work!!

As a cat lover, and one who, as a child, dressed disgruntled but kind Fluffy, I say thank you!!

Mahvelous!!! :D

lark

Ok i'll be brave...
I PM'd baba to tell her that I had a little psychic flash when I looked at the Fool card.
I saw a little mouse sitting by the Fools left foot.
He was sitting on his back legs with his little paws resting on his tummy. He saw looking up at the Fool as if to say "What next"

I had to do a double take because the image was so vivid....

And now baba can tell you the rest of the story

M-Press

baba...
i really like Death...
the theater and that skeleton on the front...and i like that the primary color in the card is red... I'm not sure what the two cats are doing...are they doing anything? too small to see, but i think it makes a unique death card, different...

Regarding the Fool, i also love that puss-in boots feeling!
The only thing that bothers me is the way the pointy roof blends with his jacket, and there are some shapes created there, that take too much attention... maybe if that golden top part wasn't there? I would also love it with no roof at all...it takes attention from the hero... He's definitely very convincing though!
:)