The blossoming of the Tarot of Innocence

blue_fusion

You're really getting better and better at this! :)

I'm just not entirely sure about using gradients. I mean they look great in this card, but it might make the card stand out so much more from the others. Maybe after you've had your initial go at coloring all of the images, you can try adding gradient to some elements of the other cards (skies are by far the easiest and most common), just to make the entire deck look even more unified?

I hope that helps. :)

Congrats too! You're quite close to the finish line, so to speak. :)

shadowdancer

Hi Ly :)

I know what you mean about the gradients. It would be easy to splatter them all over the place because it is a cool effect. But I have saved it for those times where it is either twilight, dawn or in a forest where we have night scene but with fire light.

So far, 4 or 5 cards have it, most of them skies. 8 of wands did need it. The glow from the sun rising / setting shows as a slight hue on the undersides of the swans.

But thanks for the thumbs up :) Still got the tricky ones to come....lol. But overall I think I have done the best I can. Oh - and of course some re-visits.

I can't wait to get working with it. I have the 365 spreads book, one a day. I will use this deck extensively for a period of a couple of months to really bed in with it.

Fun eh.

Not sure how you guys manage to do do more than one deck. This alone (and bearing in mind I didn't even do the drawing part) has nearly caused my head to implode or explode in equal measures. :D :D

shadowdancer

Not called in to work today, so had a good day on the deck.

This is the progress for this week:

Row 1:

Queen cups, 9 pents, 7 pents, 9 wands

Row 2: Queen Pents, Temperance, Star, 8 cups

I think a couple more corners, then the finish line will be in sight.

Davina

Attachments

• near the end.jpg
    near the end.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 138

blue_fusion

Not sure how you guys manage to do do more than one deck. This alone (and bearing in mind I didn't even do the drawing part) has nearly caused my head to implode or explode in equal measures. :D :D

Ah, but you've only to wait a couple of months after finishing this deck and then you'll see. })

rylla

These cards look GREAT! I wasn't moved by the b&w images, but once you started to color them they came to light! They express moods, emotion, so on, which is rare. CONGRATULATION, you are doing a WONDERFUL JOB, and your art is SO GOOD!

shadowdancer

These cards look GREAT! I wasn't moved by the b&w images, but once you started to color them they came to light! They express moods, emotion, so on, which is rare. CONGRATULATION, you are doing a WONDERFUL JOB, and your art is SO GOOD!

Bless you and thank you for that xx

I have to give full credit to Steve (Ravenswing) who did the sketches. He really did give life to these guys.

They really have got real characters, personalities, stories etc. But I know I am biased :D I don't have children and never understood how parents can go all gooey over them. I find I am now doing this.

Davina

rwcarter

I've been living under a rock (don't I wish!) for the last few days. Great work Davina! I know I still owe you something, but life's been crazy of late.

Rodney

shadowdancer

Just finishing off the 9 of swords - one of those that I put off and hoped it would do itself....lol

In the meantime, Printerstudio had an offer of x 2 journals inclusive of shipping for $15. Heck, why not....

Here is the journal I have arriving in approx 10 days to use with the deck :)

Attachments

• joureal 1.jpg
    joureal 1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 132
  • journal inside.jpg
    journal inside.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 131
  • journal rear.jpg
    journal rear.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 138

shadowdancer

Final 4 for this week:

10 pents (love the wee subscene on this), Tower, (love the Magician trying to use will and power to stop it falling), 9 of swords & King wands.

Originals shown to give an idea of where I started from. They are now getting harder for me to work with, due to them being a bit more sketchy, complex or both but patience will pay off - I will have no doubt.

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 128
  • pents10.jpg
    pents10.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130
  • swords9a.jpg
    swords9a.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 127
  • wands king.jpg
    wands king.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 126
  • week 6.jpg
    week 6.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 138

shadowdancer

probably final posting for now. Only a few to go before I finish the project. Also some revisits of early attempts.

Row 1: 10 pents, Tower, 9 swords, king wands

Row 2: 8 pents, queen wands, Death, 10 chalices

Row 3: Justice, 10 swords, 10 wands, King pents

10 swords is a little different to the norm, but I wanted to focus more on the 'it is finally over aspect' which I often see as applying.

Tower is one of my favs. Steve did a great job in adding some subtle ideas for the 9 of swords, and although it was tricky for me to work with, I am pleased with how it turned out. The shadow that is menacing is nothing more than a natural shadow created by the presence of a moth in front of the flame.

Attachments

• section 6.jpg
    section 6.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 137