New to Fey

Angeline

Hello all.........I'm new to the Fey and in fact have had a good year break from tarot......not sure why
Anyway just thought i would say hi .........My new deck came today with the book.
I think i'm in love!
Really looking forward to getting to know this deck and getting back into the swing of things here again :)

lunalafey

congratultions on your new Fey deck
and welcome to the Forums....
Many with the deck have had the same reactions as you. I was so excited, I tore the corner of the box trying to get my deck out when it finally arrived.

witchywomyn

Wait until you get to know these little beings - they are so beautiful - on the inside and outside - the readings that come from them are so pure - really wonderful

mooncat2

Hi all,

A good time to join in here with new faces every day. I received my Fey just before Xmas but haven't used it yet. I loved it at first sight and really looked forward to its arrival but had a very unusual reaction to it.....one I haven't yet been able to overcome. Maybe this forum will motivate me to work with it.

lunalafey

mooncat2 said:
I loved it at first sight and really looked forward to its arrival but had a very unusual reaction to it.....

oh- the Fey are odd- care to share what happened?

mooncat2

I don't mind sharing at all but it's hard to put into words. You know the wonderful feeling you have when opening a new deck and loving every minute of going through the cards for the first time. My mind was recognising how lovely they were and how much I liked them but inside ...... like a wariness and this sounds so ridiculous.....as if I was frightened of them. It won't go away.

Yesterday I decided to lay a spread for some answers and if anyone would like to comment I would be grateful. I asked for some insight into this problem.

1. My task - what I need to do - 7 Chalices
2. The problem - 6 Chalices
3. The solution - Devil
4. What I don't understand - King Pentacles
5. What its all about - 2 Chalices

Thanks

Melissa`

Welcome!
I'm so happy you are excitied about your fae :D

Blessings,
Amaya

Angeline

mooncat2 said:
I don't mind sharing at all but it's hard to put into words. You know the wonderful feeling you have when opening a new deck and loving every minute of going through the cards for the first time. My mind was recognising how lovely they were and how much I liked them but inside ...... like a wariness and this sounds so ridiculous.....as if I was frightened of them. It won't go away.

Yesterday I decided to lay a spread for some answers and if anyone would like to comment I would be grateful. I asked for some insight into this problem.

3. The solution - Devil

Thanks

Carol i will have a look at these cards and see what they say.....well i'l give it a go!
I did a reading last night with them and it felt so nice.....they are so powerful.......yet gentle.....just wonderful! And the more i look the more i see.

lark

mooncat2 said:

3. The solution - Devil

Thanks
hi Mooncat2 what an interesting spread.
I layed out the cards with my Robin Wood first, then layed out the Fey next to them. It presented a very different feeling.

Your Task - 7 of Chalices in the Fey the poor little guy is knocked down by the unexpectedness of his feelings.
Some of the images in the cards affected you deeply.
The problem - 6 of Chalices: I think by the presents of the 6 of chalices possibaly even relating to some childhood memories.
Your task seems to be to try and absorb these images in a tranquil way.
Not let your past experiences control your impressions of the cards.
The Solution - The devil: As soon as you realize you're are in bondage to a past memory, and connect with it through the cards, it won't have the power to frighten you anymore.
What you don't understand-King of Pentacles. The Fey has much to teach you. It seems to be a "bridge deck" for you to lead you to another level of study. You have studied and acheived much through the years. This deck in some strange way will open you up too sharing your wealth of knowledge. The King of Pentacles in this deck has a stern look. He has built wealth and security around himself but he knows that isn't all there is to happiness. There are emotions to deal with.
What it's all about- 2 of Chalices A partenership based on healing and aquired love. You'll come to love this deck in time and feel a strong partenership with it. You will recognize that it came along just at the right time to heal something in your life that you needed to heal.
What started out in fear will turn into deep understanding.

mooncat2

Bless you, Lark and thanks.

I, too felt it had something to do with my childhood. I think it goes back to what we talked about in the seekers thread - probably my mothers voice again - lol - telling me not to fill my head with a lot of nonsense.

Nothing like a challenge!