The Faeries' Oracle (Froud)

Hush

re: study group-ness

i think my favourite idea for the thing to start with was the pick a card a week and come on and describe it, why you think you got it, opinions, feelings towards the card etc. thatd be really interesting. what does everyone else think? we could easily move on to everyone trying out a certain spread and coming back and reporting how they found it, what they got etc. :D

Spasticgirlie

I just got this deck yesterday and did only one reading so far but I love it. My fav card was Tobaira of the Waters. My least fav was The dark Lady. And my universal card was Faeries of the future. After I looked at all of them and thought about what each card was supposed to represent and go with what I said I had to think a little about what they meant. I kinda had to do what I felt was bending them a little to get them to make sense. But I was the reader and there was no question. But it worked and after I did the bending thing I didnt feel really as if I made it say what I wanted it to or something. I just seemed right.

truthsayer

i just got my fairy deck today. i must say the energy of it is poweful. when i opened the box i felt like they literally flew out and fussed at me for keeping them trapped in there. i'll have to work w/ it some before i can participate in any of the exercises. the images look so strange that it's going to take me a while to relate to it. it does remind me so much of the movie "the dark crystal". i have never seen a book as well done as this one. the book alone is worth the price.

just to see if the faeries are willing to with me i drew one card. it was 4, he of the fiery sword. the text encourages me to also read 5, she of the cruarch. i took this as a sign of balance. does this mean the faery deck likes me?

oh and this deck is very picky about its living quarters. i was going to put them in a crown royal bag but they refused to go. they prefer to stay in the box until i find something more suitable. i may have something they'll like. it's a gorgeous wood box with a picture window. i put a picture of the enchanted blue ridge mountains there from a trip 3 years ago. yes!!! that'll do the trick. :)

Jewel

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~yanks the book out of Truthsayers hands~ don't read the book yet!!!!!!! you are cheating!!!!!!!!! (*LOL*). Now listen hon, you must look at all the cards, then start reading the book from THE FRONT. Do not read the descriptions of the cards until you are told to do so. ~Hands the book back to Truthsayer~ I am trusting you (if I was not to late that is!).

As for the card storage, I am so glad that I am not the only one that had that experience. They made me take my Cosmic Tribe out of its velvet bag with the mermaid on it, because they wanted to be there. They flat out let me know that mermaids were a type of Faery and that my Tarot cards would reside happily elsewhere, so what else could I do ..... They love their velvet bag.

truthsayer

gee! i didn't know there were rules about reading the fairy book. i've always been the type of person who read the end of the book before i read the beginning. this is different i guess. i did look at all the cards before i looked at the book. i just knew my husband couldn't know i had them. i couldn't wait until he left to bowl tonight. i'll read the book from the front now a very cowed truth promises. :p

Jewel

~Giggles and sits by Truthsayer~ sowwy ... didn't mean to overreact, the faeries made me do it ~grin~. Like you I also usually start a book on the last page *LOL*. For some strange reason I did not do it with the Faery Oracle and was so pleasently surprised when the author started making me work with the cards without reading the book first. It was a really neat process. I think that overall you will find that you connect quickly with this deck ... or shall we say it connects with you :). I am really glad you have joined the group Turth! I promise not steal your book anymore ;)

truthsayer

i worked w/ the book like you suggested last night and i must admit it was a very enjoyable experience. so you were right to tell this to me about the book. i was a little confused at first but now i understand. :) it is very helpful w/ connecting to the faeries. the put off feeling i had at first has gone away. those exercises are wonderful!! in fact, i think i may experiment w/ getting to know decks w/ off the wall systems that way. i found the writing exercises very revealing and even felt like i removed an emotional block. my heart chakra feels much lighter now. i'll write more about this later but here are the 3 cards i chose-most comfy=spirit dancer, most uncomfy=luathas the wild, and the universal card= the sage.

Jewel

YAY!!!! I am so glad you understood why the faeries made me do it ~giggles~. I hope you move on to the other 3 threads we have going on. There is a thread for each of the 3 cards you selected so you can post your answers to the questions on pgs. 18-19 of the book and comment on others cards. It has really been helpful in understanding them :). The thread for next week will be on "Putting it all together" and it is your interpretation of the reding of your 3 cards. Then we will move on to some other exercises ... the Faeries are telling me what to do so it is beyond my control *LOL*. ~Sprinkles faery dusts and dances out the room~

Hush

where do we move to after the universal card?

daily/weekly drawings and then updating to each other what we drew?

trying, individually but as a group, spreads?

maybe evem, trying to gain the extra contact with the faeries as described as in the book?

open to any suggestions! :)

faunabay

truthsayer,
It's funny that your deck wanted to stay in the box until you found the perfect home for them too.

Mine just didn't want to go in any of the bags I had at the time. They preferred to stay in
the box, but I haven't been able to find the right bag yet. So they let me know I had one bag they would put up with until I found the exact right one. It's a black velvet bag with different colored sparklies in the velvet and a dark gold colored draw string.

You know I just started to write they said that this bag won't work for long, but they stopped me to tell me they kind of like it now. They haven't completely ok'd it yet but it has potiental they say. LOL