View Single Post
Resident

electrocutions 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Hi electrocutions! Yup selenite is very useful, but with a Mohs hardness of 2 (with 1 being soft as talc and 10 being diamond-hard), it can be quite fragile so handle it with care. I'm sure you have heard of various crystal cleansing techniques, but selenite is one of those crystals that you are not allowed to submerge in water. Do that and it would get dull - it may even dissolve. Some even recommend against exposing it to water in any way.

Incense smoke is often thin, so if someone smoking a cigarette won't trip off your fire alarm you'd be safe. Some people heavily dislike the smell of incense tho, so if you have roommates you may want to ask for permission first. Palo santo is great, altho I prefer lavender, sandalwood, and nag champa. Like with perfumes - it's a personal thing really. What I love you might find atrocious so have fun exploring.

If you truly do not wish to light anything up in order to cleanse your space, I've heard people swear that aural cleansing (through singing bowls, Tibetan bells, tuning forks, etc) can be just as effective. Some even posit that it's much more effective in cleansing crystals because it realigns their molecules. One of these days I'm going to buy myself a singing bowl, but it's been suggested that you physically handle any piece you wish to buy before you purchase it so that its quality, sound, etc would be to your liking. You may also be able to get a free tutorial from that too.

Hope that helped.
Thank you so much again! You are so knowledgeable, EmpyreanKnight. Very thankful for the information you gave regarding selenite. I'm guessing that it's similar to Himalayan Salt in a way, since it can dissolve/is porous? I was thinking of getting a selenite lamp once, so the light in the lamp would perpetually serve to cleanse it, but still hoping to get a wand or a chunk one of these days.

Also, thank you for the scent recommendations! Sandalwood has such a gorgeous, musky smell. Will definitely take the time to explore scents!

As for the singing bowl, I'd never thought about using one for cleansing crystals until now! What a wonderful insight; I really appreciate you telling me about it. I remember using a singing bowl for meditation way back before, but have yet to get one that is portable enough to take with me, and whose frequency resonates well and deep in various acoustic spaces. Many thanks again for all the advice!
Top   #7