A ribbon around a bomb.

Laurelle

Okay so....
Here is the drawing for The Tower.
I have neglected my own advice and made the drawing too detailed, so I am expecting to have to wrangle it into the painting.
SHE IS FLYING APART.
A feeling I have had myself.

I just noticed the scroll on the bottom. Nice touch.

Padma

Wooden-Eye, just dropped in to tell you, one artist to another, that I love your work. It is so fluid, and so organic. Beautifully done :) I also checked out your oracle deck, the Wyrd of Sarah H, and that is lovely, too. Keep going! Your art is really evolving into a space of light, with everything meeting up well at the crucial points... :love:

wooden-eye

Wooden-Eye, just dropped in to tell you, one artist to another, that I love your work. It is so fluid, and so organic. Beautifully done :) I also checked out your oracle deck, the Wyrd of Sarah H, and that is lovely, too. Keep going! Your art is really evolving into a space of light, with everything meeting up well at the crucial points... :love:

Thank you Padma!
Your words are so beautiful and encouraging- especially as lately it kind of feels inevitable I will make decks for the rest of my life.
At the very least I have committed my art to a long-term relationship with deck making. Another artist and friend here said much the same. Hopefully with good luck and a following wind I will get to make several more decks, and as a maker one will always aspire to some kind of an uphill trajectory, though each deck seems to require a different attitude and approach and some will be better than others.
Gosh I am waffling and about myself too. Leaving immediately- but thanks again Padma.💜

wooden-eye

Finished that Tower card.

So after a bit of a break from painting to give my oracle some love finally got that Tower card painted.
Frida is rather exuberant. Something of the strength of the Martyr about her expression.
Chaos- termoil- a hot mess. Not a state unfamiliar to Mrs Rivera and certainly a place she understands.
I find the image rather empowering- (for a Tower card anyway)

Attachments

• Pixlr_20160720165516868.jpg
    Pixlr_20160720165516868.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 180

wooden-eye

A week with not too much work is a week with a lot more art- so 2 cards were made this week.
The six of pentacles; a smooth process, no dramas.
The three of swords; a real struggle until almost the last moment when I received a mystery contribution the the card. Some might say I was careless and should have rolled up my cardigan sleeve to prevent it from painting. Others might say providence stepped in. Anyway I decided to go with it...

Attachments

• 20160726_214945.jpg
    20160726_214945.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 20160729_144821.jpg
    20160729_144821.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 147

feynrir

A week with not too much work is a week with a lot more art- so 2 cards were made this week.
The six of pentacles; a smooth process, no dramas.
The three of swords; a real struggle until almost the last moment when I received a mystery contribution the the card. Some might say I was careless and should have rolled up my cardigan sleeve to prevent it from painting. Others might say providence stepped in. Anyway I decided to go with it...

Gorgeous. :)

I am really feeling the spirit of this deck, and highly anticipate seeing more card images every time they may get posted here!! Not an original comment...but I thought I'd lend my support. Best of wishes, vibes, prayers, all that jazz, to you on this project!

Laura Borealis

These are so vibrant. Really amazing work. I have to chuckle at your sleeve's mystery contribution - and I'd call it serendipity.

wooden-eye

Gorgeous. :)

I am really feeling the spirit of this deck, and highly anticipate seeing more card images every time they may get posted here!! Not an original comment...but I thought I'd lend my support. Best of wishes, vibes, prayers, all that jazz, to you on this project!

Thanks feynir!
Support is brilliant and always welcome. It gets decks made and stops makers procrastinating- which they often do- sometimes for months.☺

wooden-eye

These are so vibrant. Really amazing work. I have to chuckle at your sleeve's mystery contribution - and I'd call it serendipity.

Perhaps more dipity and less seren.☺

wooden-eye

Here is another card.
It's The Empress.
Here she is!

Attachments

• 20160809_122619.jpg
    20160809_122619.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 153