Chariot reversed indicating feelings?

LilliumStargazer

I'm not too familiar with the chariot, and even less so with it reversed.

I recently pulled this in a reading for someone when we were practicing tarot and neither of us were sure how to read or interpret it.

To me, the chariot means feeling in control, being driven and absolutely positive about what directions you want to go in. Feeling like you're driving the bus so to speak, you're in charge and you know precisely what direction you're going to end up at.

Could reversed symbolize someone feeling up in the air, as if they had lost all control of what was going on? Or does it mean a lack of will to keep going in a certain direction?

PAMUYA

I agee with you, their feelings are not locked into you, or no feelings at all.

RunningWild

For me the Chariot in it's normal upright position indicates willpower, directed focus, certainty.
While I don't use reversals, its ill-dignified meaning for me might indicate a lack of certainty, lack of sureness, lack of focus, an inability to gather one's thoughts.

LilliumStargazer

I agree with both of you. Lack of certainty and focus as well. For some reason whenever I think of the Chariot, I always imagine the chariot race in Dreamworks "The Prince of Egypt" there is a moment where the character loses control and flies completely off of the chariot wagon.

canid

What everyone else said. This card Rx'd many times means, well, really reversed meanings. Some Rx cards don't. Overkill maybe? Conflicts that aren't met head-on, but internalized-you could be afraid and indecisive about making a choice. You may still feel driven but by what? And what are you capable of doing about it? It's too confusing so Ignore, ignore. Also, trad meanings mean a loud noise, of a crowd, music, etc., could be your neighbors keeping you up all night. Accidents, failure. I got the Chariot Rx several years ago, I posted the reading here but I don't remember the surrounding cards; I should have paid attention because my car's brakes went COMPLETELY out while I was going down a hill. Certainly doesn't have to refer to a vehicle but in this case, it surely did. On the other hand, I managed to control my car, going down a slippery hill in the rain & pull into an empty parking lot while circling frantically around till my car would stop without a tree in front of it. I guess I still had SOME control there, right? I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

LilliumStargazer

What everyone else said. This card Rx'd many times means, well, really reversed meanings. Some Rx cards don't. Overkill maybe? Conflicts that aren't met head-on, but internalized-you could be afraid and indecisive about making a choice. You may still feel driven but by what? And what are you capable of doing about it? It's too confusing so Ignore, ignore. Also, trad meanings mean a loud noise, of a crowd, music, etc., could be your neighbors keeping you up all night. Accidents, failure. I got the Chariot Rx several years ago, I posted the reading here but I don't remember the surrounding cards; I should have paid attention because my car's brakes went COMPLETELY out while I was going down a hill. Certainly doesn't have to refer to a vehicle but in this case, it surely did. On the other hand, I managed to control my car, going down a slippery hill in the rain & pull into an empty parking lot while circling frantically around till my car would stop without a tree in front of it. I guess I still had SOME control there, right? I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Oh my gosh Candid, how scary! I've seen a lot of incidents where the Chariot had appeared in the future position and an accident had indeed happened. I really like what you say about indecision being internalized especially. Seems fitting for someone who's chariot has landed upside down! :p

mejenks

For me, the reversed chariot can mean a lack of control... Letting the horses run the chariot.. putting the cart before the horse. It canalso mean that you're moving forward without direction or purpose. Going fast forward for the sake of movement, but to what end? It would be like playing football and forgetting that the purpose is to get a touchdown so you just keep running (forrest Gump like). The advice would be to slow down and consider your choices... Why are you making them? Do you just want a boyfriend or is he really the right guy for you? This card reversed can also mean that you have completely stopped moving forward... Are you afraid of something? Take the reins and move at a trot... At least you're moving!