All about Lenormand Cards

Seaqueen

jeniko said:
Thanks for your blog, it's interesting because of the information that I ' ve found , continue like this.

You are most welcome!

ana luisa

So glad I found someone who is fond of the Lenormand as well. I would really like to have a look at your blog but seem to have missed it...

AJ

Ana Luisa, links to our blogs are in our Profiles, just click the link below our posts.
Dwaas gifted me a set of Lenormand this week, but rather than have them translated I'm thinking since the words are a language I don't read they would be great for the next Intuitive Oracle circle?

Gavriela

Seaqueen said:

Mountain- obstacles, slow start, problem/issue you need to solve or deal with, procrastination is not the answer, set a goal within reach

Key-honesty is the best policy, problem/issue finally starts to get some results, solutions or answers arrive

Book (book facing away)- more information is needed, paperwork or some type or correspondence, studying or investigating an issue/problem

A few combos:
Mountain+Key=misplacement of an item
Key+Book= best not to force a situation to development, you haven't got all the facts or answers, eventual success
Mountain+Book= a place where they sell books, an educational institution

Summary
As a daily draw trio- there is probably some situation/issue that needs to be addressed or dealt with but the morning seems to start off slowly or without any great excitement. During the remainder of the day, you find out many things either on your own or through other people's information. You need to keep in mind, though, that not all the facts or data is open to you (book faces away from key card). It is best not to make any significant decisions today.

BOOK- usually when the book faces away from a card, the suggested meanings of that card are the source of what is hidden or not ready to be revealed. It is not always a secret as in hush/hush but unknown knowledge.

As a student on many levels- if you are writing a test or exam, prepare yourself for a toughie, you will get through it but some of the questions are tricky and you may have to skip them. A project that started as a huge challenge, eventually becomes easier to do and won't be totally completed today.

Thank you so much!

This is one of the reasons I love Lenormand cards - the possibilities of combinations are absolutely mind-boggling. I can understand how she took an entire day sometimes to study a reading before seeing a client. I'm nowhere near that level yet, but when I use the whole pack, it's fascinating to work out as many of the combos as you can, and it's not partcularly easy - but that's part of the fun.

I've never had a Grand Jeu, just the Petit, like to try the Grand sometimes, but I'm enjoying working with the Petit a lot. I'm also trying to get my head round JJ Grandville's Parlour Sibyl, 54 cards, reversals, different meanings for men and women - that's going to take a good while. But I love his numeric system for how many of a certain card number come up if you're not using the whole pack and that carries over to tarot better than the Golden Dawn.

I was so happy when I stumbled across your blog - I learnt Lenormand cards a little in Russia years ago, then saw some over here, and knew I knew those symbols. The LWB in the French Cartomancy pack is fairly useless, so I was reading them with what I remembered of what they meant, and searching for other information. Your stuff is wonderful!

On the subject of questions, if you've got the French Cartomancy, which side is the light side of the clouds? I've been taking it to be that if the clouds are under you that might be the light side, cos I'm having a really hard time seeing the difference between the left and right in that one, at least as far as one being lighter than the other.

And if I'm driving you nuts with questions, no need to answer :)

Thanks -
Gavriela

Eios

36 card spread

Hello,

I just bought the French Cartomancy Deck after having visited Seaqueen's Blog. I'm an Tarot enthusiast and had never considered reading a cartomancy deck. I really liked the 12 card spread and the flexibility in reading it.

I didn't see an example for the 36 card spread. How does one do that? Or are there any other similar spreads that anyone knows about and has used?

Thanks for the responses.

Eios

Seaqueen

Eios said:
Hello,

I didn't see an example for the 36 card spread. How does one do that? Or are there any other similar spreads that anyone knows about and has used?

Thanks for the responses.

Eios
Hello,
As a long time practitioner of the Tarot, I became very interested in the European cards such as Lenormand & the original Gipsy cards because sometimes I just wanted more of the meat and potatoes "fun stuff" from readings versus the guidance of the Tarot.

I think there is an explanation somewhere on the 36 card layout. What I may have done, was write about a few columns at a time in different posts.

There is an introductory video on the blog (now)
describing on how to do the 36 card layout which you are asking about and I think you will find it very helpful.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to write me.

On kindred path,
Seaqueen

Seaqueen

#6 The clouds

Gavriela said:
Thank you so much!
On the subject of questions, if you've got the French Cartomancy, which side is the light side of the clouds? I've been taking it to be that if the clouds are under you that might be the light side, cos I'm having a really hard time seeing the difference between the left and right in that one, at least as far as one being lighter than the other.

And if I'm driving you nuts with questions, no need to answer :)

Thanks -
Gavriela
Hello Gavriela,
In the French Cartomancy deck, the #6 Clouds card is certainly difficult to distinguish which side is dark and which side isn't. How I determined the dark side of the clouds was by looking at the King of Clubs. If his back is turned to a card in the layout, then that would be the dark side of the clouds, the right side of the card.
If the King of Clubs faces a card then it would be the lighter side of the clouds. When the Clouds card is the above position, on top of a card I interpret that as fully dark clouds because the bottom of the Clouds card appears much darker than the top.
If the Clouds card is beneath a card in the layout, then the clouds are fully light because the top of the card is much lighter than the bottom.

Hope the illustration helps.

house*********scythe**********stork
**************(lighter)
book (lighter) CLOUDS (darker) path
**************(darker)
key***********letter***********coffin

Gavriela

Thanks much - I use the playing card symbols, too - but that one had me stumped. I know it's traditionally right-side is dark clouds, but looking at that, it was just ???

And your blog is truly fantastic. Hope you get used to the webcam soon, it's lovely to find some information about Lenormand this side of the pond.

ana luisa

I´m sory if this sounds like a reading but it actually is a doubt I have. Whenever I read with the Lenormand cards, there are some that frequently come up as warning about certain specific health problems especially the clover,the 2 pink flowers, and the ring. Is it o.k?
Thanks much.

Seaqueen

Gavriela said:
And your blog is truly fantastic. Hope you get used to the webcam soon, it's lovely to find some information about Lenormand this side of the pond.
Thank you I am glad you are enjoying it. Ah yes the webcam, a little frustrating at first. Like anything, practice makes perfect.