5 decks to use for a year

herself

OK... if it was truly just a one-year trip and this isn't one of those house-burning-what-do-you-grab scenarios, I think I'd go for a wide variety of decks that would see me through my quirks of mood and different reading needs.

Definitely:
CBD Marseille
PCS Centenary
Thoth

...and then something stark and something lush. Not a pure clone, because what would be the point? Fountain / Wild Unknown potentially, and then something dreamy, like Secret Forest or totally off the charts like Tarot of the Origins or Shining Tribe.

My current mood would be for The Fountain Tarot and Tarot of the Origins. That should cover the bases :)

katey

I did do a video response to this, and I stick by my first three decks... but within a few hours of uploading my video I knew I needed to change it! So, I will link my video, but list my amended list here :) :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kra1X826MCE

1. Smith-Waite Centennial
2. Gill Tarot
3. Liminal Tarot
4. Spiral Tarot
5. Hardy Tarot

Hemera

And then how would I get through an October without the Halloween? :D
I know I wouldn´t. :p But I can use it any time of the year so I´d choose it as one.

1: Halloween Tarot
2. Morgan-Greer (mini)
3. Fairy Lights Tarot
4. Tarot of the Vampyres
5. -and last but not least, my new found gem: HazelMoon´s Hawaiian Tarot

AntonK1111

My 5 decks would be:

1: Tarot of the 78 Doors

2: Smith-Waite Centennial

3: Gay Tarot

4: Mythic Tarot

5: Tarot Illuminati

PathWalker

Oh, interesting...
In no particular order then

Arthurian tarot (Matthews)
1JJ Swiss
Cloisters
Tarot of Trees
Gummy Bears (for those down, homesick days)

:)

Marcus R

Thoth
Golden(Kat black)
Bonefire
Conver TdM
Hard to decide the fifth, they're all putting their hands up to go, except the Hermetic which is pissed off the Thoth got picked before it......as usual.

Maybe New Century.......sorry Hermetic you stay home.

RavenLuna

The five decks I'd exclusively work with for a year or so

Easy to pick the first two...
1. Wildwood Tarot - it's special to me.
2. Mary-El Tarot - it's a new one for me, but speaks on a soul deep level.
3. Thoth - I'm doing a 78 week study of this deck.
4. Druidcraft - easy to read.
5. I was going to take the PCS, but I changed my mind to the Llewellyn instead, because it's prettier and the companion book has Welsh myths in it.

Oh no! I missed out the Cosmos, but that's more of an oracle, so that goes on a separate list, right?

Citrin

If I went abroad for a year I'd pick these tarot decks:
– Japaridze Tarot
– Ludy Lescot Tarot
– Prisma Visions Tarot
– Starchild Tarot (Akashic edition)
– Fountain Tarot

The last three I'd bring because I instantly love them, but have hardly used them, so it would be a great opportunity to get to know them well. :) The first two are just two of my all time favorites.

But if I would have to pick only 5 decks to use for the rest of my life it would be these:
- Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot
- Standard RWS (only because I've had it for 10 years and it was a generous gift from an AT member, and I was so happy he wanted to gift me something without knowing me at all.)
– Ludy Lescot Tarot
– Japaridze Tarot
– Wild Unknown Tarot

violetdaisy

In no particular order...

Shadowscapes, Robin Wood, Deck of the Bastard, Dreaming Way, Fey

The first 3 are familiar and easily readable to me for one reason or another. Fey I haven't used for quite a while but would use some of my trip to re-familiarize myself with it, it's very readable for me as well. Dreaming Way because it's my next "study" deck.