Samhain 2017 Deck of the Bastard by Seven Stars

MoonGypsy

As we are on our last days, i wanted to ask who has received the very cool 2017 edition of the Samhain Deck of the Bastard by Seven Stars.

i received mine a couple of weeks ago, and i LOVE it. i ordered the large edition, and gave it a black edge treatment. It looks amazing! i did post some pics in the creation thread,
but i will post them on the bottom of this post for you all to see, in case you missed it.

i also ordered the 2nd edition 2017 Treat Cards, which will be on their way to me soon.

Here are the pics of the 2nd Edition Samhain Deck of the Bastard with the black edge treatment i gave it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCN3131.jpg
    DSCN3131.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,377
  • DSCN3132.JPG
    DSCN3132.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 1,356
  • DSCN3135.JPG
    DSCN3135.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • DSCN3133.jpg
    DSCN3133.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,311
  • DSCN3137.JPG
    DSCN3137.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,319

victoria.star

Love!

Very lovely, especially with the black edge...may I ask what you used to edge them MG?
I am just about to order a set...:)

MoonGypsy

Very lovely, especially with the black edge...may I ask what you used to edge them MG?
I am just about to order a set...:)

i use a jumbo Marks a Lot permanent marker by Avery. You can use a Sharpie, but i like the one by Avery because it is non toxic and doesn't have as strong a smell.

Here is a video of my friend Maree Bento showing how it is done. 52 seconds into the video,
she shows the Marker i use, and demonstrates how it is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFyoO9q0Yk

victoria.star

Thank You!

Thanks MG.
I just ordered the Tarot size, with keywords...
I know I should be beyond keywords, but for some reason, I wanted them on this deck...
And now I am giddy like a child picking out her Halloween Costume :)

The order is like a parting fare thee well to AT.
A gift to me, a sale to Seven Stars...I believe Seven Stars began her card making journey here.

I am celebrating the fact that my join date was July 14th (2006) and the closing date of AT is July 14th (2017).
That is 11 years if my math is good.
And 11 is a magic number which adds down to 2, a balanced number, the High Priestess in some traditions and some vibrations call 11 a Master Number...
I am no mathematician nor a High Priestess (although I honor her in all her forms)...and whether or not 11 is Strength or Justice I cannot begin to debate;

I do however wish for Blessings of Loving Kindness to all who read this.
I know Universe has been alive and well through AT and I know that Universe is scattering its StarSeeds throughout cyber space, throughout Earth time, throughout every version of reality now...

I don't know if I will post again before the closing, I very well may; however, if I do not, then Cheers friends.
I have no doubt that Tarot and Universe and Spirit will take each of you where you need to be...

i use a jumbo Marks a Lot permanent marker by Avery. You can use a Sharpie, but i like the one by Avery because it is non toxic and doesn't have as strong a smell.

Here is a video of my friend Maree Bento showing how it is done. 52 seconds into the video,
she shows the Marker i use, and demonstrates how it is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFyoO9q0Yk

Tarot dance

...A Christmas present to myself, well one of several...I got the Tarot of the Bastard, Red Ed., Lt. Ed,...

...I love it..honestly if my house was on fire....1st I'd grab may cats...then I'd grab my Red Edition of the Tarot of the Bastard....

....I have to take my hat off to Seven Star's she does some amazing work...I have
DotB, not a custom order or anything...cards have plaid backs...that I read with everyday for my little tarot business...(I read on line for one of the sites...)

...She told me she was coming out with a new deck...that was a month or two ago...maybe already out..i'll have to check...but it sounded very exciting....

MoonGypsy

Victoria, my dear are a Poet!

A poet is one who recognizes another poet...;)

And you certainly fill the flasks of thirsty souls with heavenly nectar, don't i know. :*

You are one of the brightest stars in the skies of AT, and it was here our paths first crossed.

Bless you, dear Victoria.STAR!!!

That is so amazing the you joined AT on July 14, 2006 and it is closing on July 14, 2017--and yes, that IS 11 years--a master number and very magical.

BTW, numerologically, i am a 2 and my Birthday day is 11. :D

And, yes our dear Elaine/seven stars did certainly start her tarot creating journey right
here...
i believe it was in 2012, if i remember correctly.

i think you will really love your deck, and i can understand getting the key words.
i got the titles on mine...

CharlotteK

I am soooo tempted to get the 2017 Samhain deck either large, which I'll edge black OR Tarot size on waterproof stock with titles and keywords.

I got the 2016 Deck of Sorrows (or Red DoB II) just titles and also have the regular DoB with titles, which is in my top three favourite decks. I love these decks. And the matching pouches are awesome.

MoonGypsy

I am soooo tempted to get the 2017 Samhain deck either large, which I'll edge black OR Tarot size on waterproof stock with titles and keywords.

I got the 2016 Deck of Sorrows (or Red DoB II) just titles and also have the regular DoB with titles, which is in my top three favourite decks. I love these decks. And the matching pouches are awesome.

Fabulous decks! Some of my faves! The only one of her Samhain decks i don't have is the Deck of Sorrows...it is on my wish list, though...

Let us know which one you decide to get, Charlotte! i have never gotten one of seven's waterproof decks...

Charlotte, Seven is having a new magical spell coupon sale right now...
and the Waterproof option is one of the discount codes

The one for the Samhain 2017 Dob has expired, but the Treat Deck also has a new coupon code
Seven emailed them out to peeps on her list...

Awww, what the heck, here are the new codes...they expire on the 31st of July.

Attachments

• MAGIC SPELLS which will expire 7-31-17.jpg
    MAGIC SPELLS which will expire 7-31-17.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,549

CharlotteK

Fabulous decks! Some of my faves! The only one of her Samhain decks i don't have is the Deck of Sorrows...it is on my wish list, though...

Let us know which one you decide to get, Charlotte! i have never gotten one of seven's waterproof decks...

Charlotte, Seven is having a new magical spell coupon sale right now...
and the Waterproof option is one of the discount codes

The one for the Samhain 2017 Dob has expired, but the Treat Deck also has a new coupon code
Seven emailed them out to peeps on her list...

Awww, what the heck, here are the new codes...they expire on the 31st of July.
You know I got this, but at the time thought "why do I need another DoB?". Stupid question! Ha! The waterproof discount may just have tipped my decision. Thanks MG x

MoonGypsy

You know I got this, but at the time thought "why do I need another DoB?". Stupid question! Ha! The waterproof discount may just have tipped my decision. Thanks MG x

Just all me "the Enabler"! :p xoxox [A very little known Marvel Comic heroine..:p]