New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

eltarot78

Hello! I’m happy to share here at the Forum, the release of this new deck.
Tarot de Marsella
Robledo

WebII.jpg

This is not the result of a restoration work is a completely new deck, meant to look as if it was engraved during the Nicolas Conver and contemporary’s times and in total respect for the Marseilles tradition.

Some details came from folklore previous to him and some other details from current folklore without losing its essence.

I’ve been working on this TdM II design project since 2008, I like said type over the Type I. The project was temporarily suspended in 2009 for one and a half year because I was studying and developing my Jean Dodal restoration. A very good friend of mine who lives in Marseilles, made me understand the true appeareance of engraving print lines and colours includinf their “mistakes” for that help I’m deeply thankful.

This brand new deck is the result of study of the different decks at my disposal, some of them have really good image quality and some other not.

Cards names are given according to ancient tradition, using "V" instead of "U", and "I" instead of "J",

So we have…

LE MAT
I LE BATELEVR
II LA PAPESSE
III L´IMPERATRISE
IIII L´EMPEREVP
V LE PAPE
VI LAMOREVX
VII LE CHARIOT
VIII IVSTICE
VIIII L´HERMITE
X LA ROVE DE FORVNE
XI FORCE
IIX LE PENDV
XIII
XIIII TEMPERANCE
XV LE DIABLE
XVI LA MAISON DIEV
XVII LE TOILLE
XVIII LA LVNE
XVIIII LE SOLEIL
XX LE IVGEMENT
XXI LE MONDE

As for Le Pendv,I decided to number it IIX, same as other ancient traditions which emphasized the notion of detention.

The expressions of Court Cards are the same as in Conver, there is an interesting thing to notice about tose expressions, they seem to change when facing different cards.

Caras16.jpg

Many details to discover are hidden within this apparently simple deck.

l'appeso

beautiful work, beautiful faces... the first thing I notice in a TdM are in fact faces... the essence of each character is really hidden in his/her glance and expression.
you truly captured the essence of TdM!

Sulis

That looks lovely. I really like the way you've kept the backgrounds a creamy colour instead of bright white...
The colours look gorgeous too.

emmsma

It is a wonderful new creation you have brought to life. I look forward to adding it to my collection.

Rhinemaiden

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! How can we order?

le_charior

beautiful work, beautiful faces... the first thing I notice in a TdM are in fact faces... the essence of each character is really hidden in his/her glance and expression.
you truly captured the essence of TdM!
exactly my feelings, nicely put, l'appeso! the faces often make all the difference for me if i can read with a deck or not.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! How can we order?
there will be some kind of european group ordering all together to save on shipping. Pablo posted the shipping costs in a dfferent thread where discussion of his deck started:

Shipping costs are

to USA
USD 38 , 1/2kg package
USD 45,20, 1kg package

to Europe
USD 43,60, 1/2kg package
USD 46,96, 1kg package
USD 55,90 1 1/2kg package
USD 67 2KG package

Orders should work via email to Pablo directly, right? We'll have to figure out how to make that work. How many decks go into these packages, Pablo?

emmsma

I would love to start up a group order for the USA.

Where is this other thread? *runs off to find it*

eltarot78

Thank you very much for your words,

Ordering information can be by private message or directly here.

the maximum allowed in a shipment is 2 kg.

The Dodal with wooden box for you le_charior is a little heavier, but falls within 2 kg,
if Rhinemaiden wants to enter the group, go right,
plus I share part of the trip, with a deck to Marseilles, a debt of honor to a dear friend who helped much in this work.

le_charior, are willing to lead this group?
can find out the shipping costs from Germany to,
Piedmont, Italy,
River Rhine,
Oost-Vlaanderen Belgium
and Marseille, France?

le_charior

Thank you very much for your words,

Ordering information can be by private message or directly here.

the maximum allowed in a shipment is 2 kg.

The Dodal with wooden box for you le_charior is a little heavier, but falls within 2 kg,
if Rhinemaiden wants to enter the group, go right,
plus I share part of the trip, with a deck to Marseilles, a debt of honor to a dear friend who helped much in this work.

le_charior, are willing to lead this group?
can find out the shipping costs from Germany to,
Piedmont, Italy,
River Rhine,
Oost-Vlaanderen Belgium
and Marseille, France?

Ok, I can coordinate for one package for Europe. This would mean, if my calculation is correctly, that we have to split the 67 USD for shipping as follows:
- 1/6 part for l'appeso in Italy
- 1/6 part for Rhinemaiden, in which country?
- 1/6 part for Belgium, that is la-luna, right?
- 1/6 part for Marseille, who is it for? - Pablo, you are paying this one if I understood correctly? And also the shipping from Germany to France?
- 2/6 parts for me because I get two decks.

That means 11 Dollar each - plus the costs for shipping from Germany to your country. Will find out these tomorrow and post here. Can everybody in this group please PM me if they are ok with this in general?

Pablo, can you post dimensions and weight for a single deck, please? For shipping? Thanks!

eltarot78

La luna 2 decks

Rhinemaiden must be put in touch, not know where in the River Rhine it is

I have the proportion of travel and ticket from Germany to France

thanks le_charior.

the dimensions of the deck is 11,4cm X 6cm X 2,8 cm and its weight is 185grs.