Crystal Collection for a Budding Enthusiast

yannie

Woohoo you've joined the moldie club!

A variety of grounding stones work with it depending on your needs, I find. Sometimes it's pietersite, sometimes it's black tourmaline, sometimes it's something else... I like to switch depending on what my body seems to want.

Pietersite works great on its own too. I use it when I need a kick in other ways... So much charge in a tiny little pendant!

EmpyreanKnight

Woohoo you've joined the moldie club!

A variety of grounding stones work with it depending on your needs, I find. Sometimes it's pietersite, sometimes it's black tourmaline, sometimes it's something else... I like to switch depending on what my body seems to want.

Pietersite works great on its own too. I use it when I need a kick in other ways... So much charge in a tiny little pendant!

Hey Yannie, thanks for the welcome! :D

I have to say, I have been very much inspired by you guys though. I remembered reading the moldavite threads here a while ago, and thinking - mmm, must get me some of that. I just re-read the threads, and I'm utterly thankful for all the insight you guys have on dealing with this lil spitfire. I am particularly in awe at how well you can connect with and wield your crystals, Yannie. I know it would take tons of practice to reach that level, but with the huge wealth of info you guys have going here, and with other resources I have at my disposal, I know I am definitely up for that challenge. :)

And yeah, pietersite rocks it so hard (pardon the pun). So absolutely beautiful with its breathlessly rich colors and its whorls and the peculiar striped gleams one also finds in tiger's eye, a subtle layered chatoyancy that by its dreamy swirliness is oftentimes miles ahead of other competing stones of the same grade. It is one of my absolute favorites. And with its deep connection with the Tarot, there really is nothing much you can ask for. It is a true Stone of Storms, both physically, categorically, and epithetically. With the time of storms upon both our countries (hello La Nina), I must say this crystal is very much apropos.

Ayram

Hi Empyreanknight - I just wanted to tell you I totally identified with everything you wrote in that first post! While I've been a member here for many many years I don't come on often - or I come a lot for a while then I'm gone again. So by now I should be a tarot expert but no, not so much. Still love it though - and after years and years of dabbling in it, I finally, recently, am at the point where I can do readings (tho I don't charge). Although mainly, I just enjoy the tactile and visual (and even aural!) experience of playing with the cards and asking myself questions just to force myself to think about deeper stuff going on with me. But I digress... What I really wanted to say is that because of tarot I too begin to get interested in crystals, and then like you, I too went hog wild and bought a whole bunch in a short amount of time!

Note, when I say hog wild, I mean HOG FRIGGIN WILD. To be fair, I found some cool small and huge rocks and clusters in our basement from previous owner (stashed in the crawlspace!) as well as in my grandparents' old house, but most of the real crystals and associated stones came from me using a...wait for it...CREDIT CARD. How ridiculous is that?!! I mean I feel like I have to have some weird ceremony with the crystals just to wash off the guilt and shame of having spent so much on them, all within about a month!! (not including the ones from around the house - including taking some of my kids' rocks that they didn't seem to mind my "borrowing") It's like the crystals are tainted now because I shouldn't be spending so much money! And I mean we're supposed to get them as gifts, combined with having "aha surprise moments" over the years in which we spot a magical rock and pick it up, etc etc. Nope not me - I just took my glutenous, impatient self all around town to all the cool rock and crystal and metaphysics shops and got it all mostly done in under a month!

I used the Crystal Bible and just decided early on I was going to treat it like a journal and just mark it up like crazy so I took a pen and marked off every issue or symptom I was interested in for me or loved ones, in the index. From there, I went and read about each crystal and dog-eared the page and then underlined every word or phrase about it that struck me as relevant to my (or loved ones) life. Then I made a short list above the picture on each crystal's page that I was interested in, jotting down the main attributes, and THEN I made a list in the back of the book of which ones I wanted, so I wouldn't be constantly flipping all over the place. Finally, I brought the book with me whenever I went to one of these shops. I started with palm stones or worry stones so I could just lie in bed at night and feel comforted by it and such stones would help me fall asleep right away. Then - much as I didn't want to go down the shopping-for-a-crystal-grid-and-all-that-that-entails rabbit hole, I did. So I ended up getting all kinds of little crystals for that purpose! And now, drum roll... this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49559819@N00/albums/72157674218291185

I wonder if it's a midlife crisis. Hey at least I'm not cheating or buying a new car, right??!

...and I've barely begun to use them!! And can you see in the pics the cool old tiered jewelry box I found in my family's old house? I took out the silly old costume jewelry (there are boxes and boxes of that stuff in our family's home) and filled it with stones and crystals!! :) It's as if it was meant to be, I tell myself!! Hahaha. I mean they fit perfectly and there's still some room for a few more if I really needed it. But I really don't feel like I need much more.

So, we're in the same boat - I'm just in sane and you're not (most likely). I feel better knowing someone's gotten really into it as I have, so thanks for that - thanks for this thread!

EmpyreanKnight

Oh Aryam!

When I read your post, I was like "Man that's great, somebody can relate to The Great Crystal Hoard." I was very curious as to what your collection looks like. So I clicked on the link and. . .

I was awestruck. What a collection! A stunning clutch of crystals. You should've put a trigger warning on that link. On one of the photos, there's this very understated, elegant jewelry box that was like one of those beautifully prim ladies you see sipping their tea. But when it opened - oh mercy. A cornucopia of lights and colors.

When I was looking at them mesmerized, I was like - "Eh that one looks whoa. And that one too. Shall I get them as bracelets? But they're very beautiful tumbled. I really paced myself in my birthday, I think I'm allowed to get this one too. Etc etc". Your crystals are way hypnotic, Aryam. But ehem I'm better now. I've retained control of my faculties.

And hey, your birthday's coming. Just remember . . . inhale . . exhale . . breathe in . . breathe out. Self control is key.

I still think I'm due for some apophyllite and selenite. And a crystal sphere is de rigeur for any collection. And man what's that horn thing?

Ayram

Oh Aryam!

When I read your post, I was like "Man that's great, somebody can relate to The Great Crystal Hoard." I was very curious as to what your collection looks like. So I clicked on the link and. . .

I was awestruck. What a collection! A stunning clutch of crystals. You should've put a trigger warning on that link. On one of the photos, there's this very understated, elegant jewelry box that was like one of those beautifully prim ladies you see sipping their tea. But when it opened - oh mercy. A cornucopia of lights and colors.

When I was looking at them mesmerized, I was like - "Eh that one looks whoa. And that one too. Shall I get them as bracelets? But they're very beautiful tumbled. I really paced myself in my birthday, I think I'm allowed to get this one too. Etc etc". Your crystals are way hypnotic, Aryam. But ehem I'm better now. I've retained control of my faculties.

And hey, your birthday's coming. Just remember . . . inhale . . exhale . . breathe in . . breathe out. Self control is key.

I still think I'm due for some apophyllite and selenite. And a crystal sphere is de rigeur for any collection. And man what's that horn thing?

Haha you're awesome - and such a funny writer! ;) Thank you for all your kind (and sympathetic!) words. I have to admit that the pictures - or the way Flickr sets them up - do make them look a bit more impressive than they may in fact be in person though! But yeah I lost my mind...I really think it's a midlife crisis thing (seriously - not kidding!). I have to have EACH AND EVERY CRYSTAL that fits or even MAY one day fit any of my body mind or soul's ailments and yet I can't even tell you I believe all of the stuff most crystal people do! Such blingy bling bling! I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge you have about crystals...so much more than I do! Anyway thanks again for your SUPPORT! ;)

EmpyreanKnight

Thanks to everyone here who helped me expand my knowledge of crystals. I shall always be grateful to you guys. :thumbsup: