Visconti - anyone interested in studying in?

Dancing Bear

Is anyone still interested in this study group ??
Coz i would like to move onto to the Fool ;)

Little Baron

Dancing Bear said:
you are brave! I dont know whether i could bring myself to do it LOL!

Not sure if brave is the right word. I hate multi-titles, so it would almost be like freeing the cards from a prison they really shouldn't be in.

I don't actually have the Visconti, for these reasons. And I very much dislike the clumsy painting on some cards of my Cary Yale.

:(

LB

Sheri

Dancing Bear said:
Is anyone still interested in this study group ??
Coz i would like to move onto to the Fool ;)

Me! I'm interested! :D

valeria

Hellsdarkrose

I'm interested my minhi visconti should be here any day now.

Dancing Bear

Hellsdarkrose said:
I'm interested my minhi visconti should be here any day now.

Cool let us know when its in ;) and glad to have you onboard the more the merrier :D , as this thread has moved slowly in the past i cannot see it intensifying in a hurry ,LOL! so i am sure you will have no problems joining in, and jump in when your deck arrives ;)

Valeria, do you think the Fool is a good as place as any to start?.. because i am a bit put off when i see the feathers in his hair LOL!! I feel if i knew more about him and studied him a bit more he may become more appealing to me.. at the moment he does as they say represent someone not altogether there in his right mind.. so I have not been reading alot with this deck YET!

LittleBuddha I do understand what you are saying titles are off putting.. I Just Love my Voyager deck but wish the titles were not there also, as it can throw my train of thought at times..
I like the titles on the visconti at the moment, but then i am only just learning them.. I am sure when i do get aquainted to them i will want the titles to disappear also .. I still will be a procrastinator on whether to pick those scissors up or not though LOL!!

DB xxx

rachelcat

Count me in!

Hi, folks. My mind has recently returned to that ever-present question, which deck is THE ONE for me? So--Why not try THE *FIRST* ONE (that's extant, anyhow)? I like the art, I like the pips, I like the gold! And I like the female knights and pages and large cards of the Cary-Yale, too!

So count me in on your study group. I'll be happy to chime in whenever!

It seems like some folks have moved to begin with the courts and some with the Fool. I guess we have already covered the most pressing item with the pips--the mottos. Although I think someone mentioned Strength first!

So--Should we vote on which to start with?

Strength
Courts
Fool

We can always mix it up--Do Strength and then Fool and then the courts. Or pick a card at random!

What do you think?

Hellsdarkrose

I think maybe we should just start with the fool and work our way through just because i think a little methodically like that :p

Sulis

Moderator Note

It's good to see this group up and running.

I've split Elven's post 'The Fool' off into a thread of it's own. It can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=76351

Please begin a new thread for each card and could you please also let the Tarot Study group moderators - Moonbow* and Sulis know by private message when a new thread is started so we can add it to the index thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1044513#post1044513

Thanks

Sulis and Moonbow* - Tarot Study Group moderators

Elven

Thanks Sulis and Moonbow :)

I wondered where the post went :p

Blessings Elven x

Tree Sprite

I've been waiting so long for mine to arrive - it's here, and I really like it so far. I got the mini, so it's super easy to handle, fits in the handbag, and the colors are just right. I did a new deck reading with it last nite and got a really positive, strong response. So I'm looking forward to getting to know it better. One of my first impressions is how strong the female figures are - I especially like the woman on the chariot, as it seems to speak volumes about mastery and balance of both masculine and feminine aspects, which some other decks seem to miss. I'm not sure about the fool with his underpants around his knees, but I might shoot over to the other thread....