Piatnik Rhenan Deck

Niclas

AFAIK, it still is in print. Also, you have a PN :)

BSwett

I found it on a UK store through Amazon USA.

DeToX

Someone was selling them on fleabay I think recently at a good price, otherwise I got mine from amazon.fr or was it .de?

flying black kat

I have this deck and I really appreciate it. I like it for all the reasons already mentioned. It also has a softer feel in the card pictures. The coloring is between the lines which does not distract from the overhaul beauty of the deck. It is also a very gentle deck and less offensive to some who would like you to read their cards. L Amoureux card facial expressions are not as pained looking. It on occasions has seemed to me that the female figure on the left facing side is more of a motherly person, possibility the girl on the right’s mother? The Le Chariot card has the horses looking toward one another with a heart as the symbol. The other thing about the Le Chariot card is that the horses themselves their harnesses form a heart with the only thing missing is the bottom point of the heart. The Larouf De Fortune to me is one of the best out there. It is plain, simple and directly to the point. If you fall off this wheel you are dumped into a open source of water. Perhaps an old style Roman Pool. This pool washes all of the negative things from you, cleanses, and allows you to reemerge from the pool, water source, cleansed and ready to go on with your life. These are just a few of my favorite cards in this deck.

All of this of course is my personal opinion. If you are into the TdM's and TdB's it is an excellent deck. I also would recommend this deck as a general all purpose reading deck for those who are not into the older pre-RWS decks. It is a very easy to read deck.

Kathy

Nina*

I have two copies of this deck.. have had them for years and years.

They've always been among my absolute top favorite TdMs; I love the somewhat gentle images and the cardstock (and size) is to die for.

victoria.star

I just ordered this. I do believe it was the 'Yeti Hermit' that swayed me!

I am still early on in TdM studies; however right now I am preferring 'googly' TdM1 type eyes and as I think someone somewhere in this forum said, the Krazy Kat vibe.

This one hit a nice spot with me. I will post my reaction when I hold it in my hands.

BSwett

I just ordered this. I do believe it was the 'Yeti Hermit' that swayed me!

I am still early on in TdM studies; however right now I am preferring 'googly' TdM1 type eyes and as I think someone somewhere in this forum said, the Krazy Kat vibe.

This one hit a nice spot with me. I will post my reaction when I hold it in my hands.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I think it's an underrated historical facsimile with one of the nicest card stocks out there. Enjoy!

P.S. Check out the interesting and unique spread that the LWB talks about...

victoria.star

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I think it's an underrated historical facsimile with one of the nicest card stocks out there. Enjoy!

P.S. Check out the interesting and unique spread that the LWB talks about...

I haven't had a chance to check out the LWB; however, I am enjoying the deck! Oftentimes, before I read with a deck, I hold it a while, shuffle it a while, see what cards catch my eye, etc etc.

Perhaps I will do a "new deck" interview with it tonight. I will keep you posted, as I am finding the pips very intuitive as I shuffle and yes, the cardstock is a dream.

I love rounded corners because they seem like an old friend from the start. :heart:

Mallah

I was actually gifted with this deck from A. Nonny Mouse, last year! I didn't even know 'she' existed before that....what a surprise.

I am only now coming to appreciate it, and it is only in the reading of this particular thread, tonight that I've heard the term "TdB".

Not quite used to the way the reds block out the lines underneath. But it's growing on me.

TdM's...(and TdB's i guess)...especially the older ones, not so much the Conver...in their "rustic-ness" are so...cute and playful....not like the "serious" cards of our day! They are more like cartoon characters (Krazy Kat/ Bullwinkle...) And I love that sort of vague ambiguity that exists in them. You look at a later deck like the 1JJ and that's all gone.

Anyhow, as one who has gifted out many a Tarot, it's nice to have been gifted with this one!