study group application - Scorpio in your life

Minderwiz

Assuming that you have a Scorpio Ascendant - Venus and Mercury will give you an intense self centred mind and self love. I don't mean this in any deprecating way - Self love leads to self confidence, self assuredness and an honesty in the way that you deal with others. Your self assuredness will come over as charm and grace and with a love of the finer things in life. You may also feel a need to give and receive pleasure. In Scorpio this will be intensified but remember that Venus is a 'soft' planet, she never does harm except by over indulgence or laziness (like Jupiter). Venus is Scorpio is rarely lazy! Mercury gives you an intellectual approach to life in the first and Scorpio will add an intensity to this.

The conjunction with Neptune will depend on whether Neptune is also in Scorpio, if it is then it might either add a sense of something greater than yourself, to your self love and incisive mind - especially as its in the twelfth. You will be aware of the mystical side of life and this will always be present in the way in which you project yourself to the world. Actually this is a good set of positions for anyone.

If Neptune is badly aspected elsewhere then you might possibly be subject to self deception or allow your day dreams to get the better of you.

The Moon rules Cancer, again assuming your eighth cusp is in Cancer then the Moon rules the eighth. You may be subject to moods, especially in terms of partnerships assets, or more likely the occult side of life. This might be that at some periods (probably Moon phases) you are more in tune with the universe than others. You may also find your sex life strongly linked to the Moon's phases. You like to keep this side of your life hidden in your shell. Both the eighth and Cancer are not areas where you go and advertise things. During those phases of the Moon when things are not running that well you may be a little more aggressive - probably indirectly rather than charging head on.

Again this is divorced from the rest of the chart but the point really is that eighth and Scorpio are not 'bad' We all have them and they can enrich our lives. Always look for the positive and don't give way to the 'fear' side of Scorpio.

Moongold

Not much Scorpio

I simply have Chiron in Scorpio (11th House) but also the North Node in Scorpio. No other sign of Scorpio anywhere. The chart says:

Cardinal 2 ......... Fire 5
Fixed 2 ...........Earth 2
Mutable 6 ......... Air 2
...........................Water 1 My Scorpio?

My partner is totally Scorpio however. I am Saggitarius with Capricorn rising and we complement each other well.

I can see how hard it is to read bits of a chart. I think having Chiron in Scorpio means that I'm fairly intense (too true) and at times a little defensive (can be true). Have not idea really what this all means in toto

How did the 8th House come into this particular thread? The only things in my 8th are Saturn and Pluto retrograde.

Moongold creeps out with her little bit of Scorpio hanging out of her pocket

Minderwiz.......yes, the Choice Centred Astrology is by Gail Fairfield. It is quite good but requires some attentiveness and application.

Minderwiz

I'm not a great user of Chiron - most astrologers seem to take it as an indicator of the 'wounds we have to heal' - in your case this would relate to friendships and associations and you would need to do it in an intense way. Dale O'Brien, one of the pioneers of using Chiron in the natal chart has indicated that this is too narrow a view - he sees Chiron as a symbol of our collective past and the innate wholeness that we embodied at that time. Modern people are unaware of that past and he thinks Chiron now indicates a part of the average person that feels odd and inadequate and at first, even wrong and inferior. From this I would view Chiron as what you need to learn to come to terms with yourself as a member of humanity - it shows the area that you should concentrate on to achieve this, the area where you do not, consciously or unconsciously feel right.

The North Node has to be considered with the South Node - in your case this is in the opposite sign of Scorpio. The nodes relate to the spirit and soul lessons we learn over our lives. The south Node sheds light on our past, it shows the type of experience our soul wants us to have over our lifetime in order to spiritually develop - it is the gift of our past lives. The danger of this is that we get stuck in the past. The North node shows what additional learning we have to do to progress it beckons us forward, its about taking stock of the past, honouring it, working with it, building on it and learning how to use it in a new way.

In your case you bring the gifts of stability, creativity and grounded behaviour, you can grow from a solid foundation - you now need to clear some of this Taurus energy so that the growth can take place - You will do this in Scorpio by looking inwards - descending into your own underworld and the use the energy of Pluto and Scorpio to test everything you believe in to see if it is still relevant - sweep away that which is not and nurture that which is.

Both of these together suggest that your spiritual path lies in your friendships and associations and the way in which you use these and give to these.

The eighth House is regarded as being naturally ruled by the eighth sign - Scorpio. It is important though to remember that Signs and Houses are not the same thing. They may have similar colours and flavours but that doesn't make them identical. The signs are the roles the Planets play, the Houses are the locations or scenary against which the roles are played.

isthmus nekoi

*whew*

Thanks for stepping in here, Minderwiz!! I was really feeling out of my element, desperately graping my Arroyo book for help :p

I've only one thing to add re Moongold's chart: if you have only one planet in Scorpio, that makes it a singleton. Just b/c you have one water planet doesn't mean you necessarily have no feelings, trouble w/emotions or anything like that (pointing this out b/c I've read this before). In fact, the singleton will channel all the water energy through the one planet. So whichever planet it is, it will be very important.

I also have one planet in water (Scorpio), but a lot of water houses (12th being the only cadent house so again another 'singleton'). I am extremely high in air and then fire so I'm very analytical and *very* unsentimental. Most of my friends tend to be high in air, low in water as well. But this doesn't mean we're totally cerebral and repress our feelings! :p

lunalafey

just add.....squAIR?

Mars is square Venus in my chart...Mars is in Aqu. and right on the cusp of the 6th house(another pattern...I can't have relationships with Aqu. men...to dull)

-isthmus-
Where I live I don't have to keep my occult interests a secret, (one of the things I love about my mountain community, the highway is cleaned up by a Pagan group and the state even puts a sign up to let everyone know!!) yet I don't advertise either. BUT...I do keep quiet overall.
I am 'passionate' about ideas an such but I keep them to myself mostly because it 'too much' for the general population
-minder-
Now as far as the Death claim in my chart. I have two sources (one being the A to Z horoscope maker and delineator, by Llewellen George) that give Venus/Scorp combo a death mark. There are also two other aspects in my chart that reinforce this. I HAVE experienced the death of a partner (in 1998) and it happened BEFORE any knowlege of it in my chart, and before any knowlege of astrology at all. As isthmus used key words, here is the same, Scorpio is the sign related to death and Venus is about relations. I'm not trying to discredit anyone, only sharing my chart and the experiences that coincide. The secrecy factor is quite true. I had two abusive relationships, one was REALLY bad, that was kept a secret for a long time.
(and cars....when I was quite young, my mom thought I would grow up to race cars....but no, today I just love to drive them, give me a free stretch of highway, or a 4x4 and a winding dirt road....WEEEEEEE!!!!)

zorya

minderwiz,

wow, this is much more than i could ever have seen myself. thank you.

yes i do have a scorpio ascendent.. and yes, self love has been a major issue in my life. the peculiar thing is that the reason it's been an issue, is because i have been seriously lacking in self- esteem. this is quite contrary to what my chart seems to be suggesting.

my neptune is in scorpio, and my life very much revolves around the mystical and spiritual.

moody me? heh heh heh.

and there are some things i am not going to comment on. :|

Moongold

Appreciation

Thanks, Minderwiz and Isthmus for your feedback. It demonstrates that astrology is a very rich source of insight and affirmation. You've also shown some real wisdom and sensitivity.

I have a very positive view of Chiron, seeing this planet as representing strong ideals and a deep capacity for integration on a spiritual and physical level. With some poignancy, I acknowledge the myth of Chiron the Wounded Healer. It seems as though Chiron will soon progress into my 12th House, Minderwiz. I think that will be a positive thing.

I am struck by the synergies between my current Tarot spiritual journey and the insights from the chart but what you said, Minderwiz, rings true. Astrology is a very old art and I'm curious to know more about how the various meanings involved.

However, that is learning for another day. Thanks heaps for your time and interpretations.

Moongold

Minderwiz

Thanks Zorya and Moongold.

Looking at the details of Zroya's chart (thanks for sending me your details) - Mercury is Conjunct Neptune but Venus is just out of orb. Neptune is also the planet of self deception and illusion - not thinking straight in other words. You need to come to terms with the fact that you deserve your own love and respect - 'deserve' , not 'need to earn' - Self love does allow you to give more to others, strange as it may seem.

You also have a strong opposition between Saturn in Capricorn (the sign of its dignity) and the Moon in Cancer (also the sign of its dignity). This is a third to ninth axis involving communication and the mind on the one hand and the need to expand and grow on the other. The Moon/Saturn opposition involves defensive feelings, controlled responses, a need for structure and permanence. There is a realisation, usually during childhood that you have to be emotionally self sufficient, and in some cases (and I mean some) that love can only be earned by exhibiting the required behaviour - in other words you are loved not because of who you are but because of what you do. That can (and I mean can) lead to a loss of self worth. I have a similar opposition in my chart though neither planet is dignified and the first and sixth are involved.

Liz Green links it to experiences where either both parents work or the mother works and the child comes 'second' behind business (even if this is out of necessity) - in my case both my parents had to work (although on the premises) as a child I was often left to my own devices. In my case the premises were attached to a shop but Liz Greene points especially to farming communities.

Basically you need to feel safe (Saturn) enough to begin to discover what you really do feel (Moon).

isthmus nekoi

lunalafey> thanks for the feedback!

moongold> glad you're getting a lot out of this :)

zorya>
If any of these Scorp planets conjuncts your ASC (ascendant angle) then the planet's energies will colour your personality and how ppl perceive you.
Venus conj Merc in 1st means that communication and getting along is a big part of your persona which makes for an excellent moderator (esp w/sun Libra)!! Scorpio colours Ven/Merc w/a secretive and private nature though. If Neptune is conj your ASC, then you may have a tendancy to come off as 'out there'. w/Neptune conj Merc, ppl might find the way you think and speak unusual, imaginative, dreamy... on the down side, also out of touch. Neptune's in the house he rules though so this might give him some punch. If Pisces is activated in your chart, it should be important; see what house it rules.

Mars conj moon isn't easy. Moon's dignified in cancer, but Mars doesn't feel comfy at all in this placement. Mars rules 8th however, so I'm getting tension b/w Moon/Cancer and Mars/Scorp. Emotional intensity, very driven and perhaps a tendancy to fall back on instinctual emotional patterns. Saturn (stucture, limitation) may also need a lot of conscious work here to break out of inhibiting ways of thinking. Actually, the self esteem thing isn't necessarily contradictory. If Saturn is opposing your 8th Moon, then Saturn should be in 2nd which deals w/your own self worth. Traditionally, Saturn will 'restrict' whoever comes into contact w/him, or where he is.

isthmus nekoi

slightly OT: houses

Minderwiz> Which house system are you using?... Perhaps for the sake of simplicity, we should all stick to the same system.

Also, I've got a major newbie q! When a sign is on the "cusp" of the house, are we moving counterclockwise, or clockwise?