Thoth Learning Resources

mercuryempress

The Book of Thoth by Crowley (take a deep breath)

The Book of the Law by Crowley (take two deep breaths and keep the aspirin handy)

The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang (correlates the Thoth, the TdM, the RWS and the Wang/Regardie Golden Dawn decks in one volume)

I have both of the Banzhaf Thoth books; Keywords I find useful, The Crowley Tarot less so.

I don't really have any use for Ziegler's Mirror of the Soul, and Arrien's much-panned work I've stayed away from.

Raven's tarot website (www.corax.com/tarot) has basic card-by-card information on the Thoth that I always found reliable but brief. The site is harder to navigate now than it used to be (you have to click the suits on the Card Meanings page and then use the drop-down at the left side to get to individual cards).

Paul Hughes-Barlow's supertarot website has much more complete stuff.

Thank you Barleywine

I read the reviews for Mirror of the Soul and it didn't get great reviews so I think I will pass on that one as well

I ordered the Arrien's book before glancing at the reviews..it got more mixed reviews and I got a copy for 5 bucks so I'm open; push come to shove it will be an easy read I'm hoping I will still get some useful information from it

I have Paul Hughes Page bookmarked :)
I watch his channel as well

I also had Ravens Site bookmark but like you said it was hard to navigate so I removed it but I will try it again..thanks for the tips

I will also be adding The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang to my list..hmmm maybe I should get this sooner than later; even though it looks like a heavy read it might not be accessible by the time I'm ready for it...thanks for the heads up

mercuryempress

Both the Book of Thoth as well as the Book of Law are available for free, and are the basis for any Thoth study, once someone has the necessary base which Duquette provides.

As the for the Tarot Handbook... well, it isn't really recommended. But Duquette will give you everything you need to approach the Book of Thoth.

Zephyros I realized that after I purchased it. I saw a copy for 99 cents on amazon and jumped on it...

I'm hoping that I can still gain some insight from it *crosses fingers*

I dont have the book of law so I will be downloading that shortly

mercuryempress

The good news is that I received an old printing (6th) so it has pics of the greenie deck in the back

and I paid 4.98 (including shipping) for it :)

Ummm I'll keep this one home and keep my DuQuette in my bag I do more of my reading going back and forth to work anyway

Its not a horrible book but again I have my DuQuette so this one is pretty unnecessary.Its a little weird because it seems to wash or water down the Thoth which is unnecessary. It takes a different stand point to the Thoth which is fine but I have the RWS for that :)

EmpyreanKnight

Btw there is the hugely informative website that exhaustively compares every card of the Thoth Tarot with its corresponding card in another deck. This is The Tarot of Eli Website, and here is its address:

http://www.eli-lsmerchantile.com/blog.html

He previously finished the Night Sun Tarot comparison cycle, now he's currently comparing each Thoth card to its counterpart in one of my favorite decks, the Wildwood Tarot. Do check it out! Specially if you also have one of the other comparison decks he previously discussed, you'll find it an embarassment of riches.

mercuryempress

Btw there is the hugely informative website that exhaustively compares every card of the Thoth Tarot with its corresponding card in another deck. This is The Tarot of Eli Website, and here is its address:

He previously finished the Night Sun Tarot comparison cycle, now he's currently comparing each Thoth card to its counterpart in one of my favorite decks, the Wildwood Tarot. Do check it out! Specially if you also have one of the other comparison decks he previously discussed, you'll find it an embarassment of riches.

Thank you for the link this comes just in time as I've just come up with a study plan.
Every month I Will pull 2 cards for my overall energy and those 2 cards will be what I study for the month.

blueowl

Thank you! I just received the deck as an early birthday present and am ready to dive into studying. Although the imagery is so much richer than my universal waite (at least to me), I still want some facts and reading to go into my interpretation and use of this tool.

magicjack

I have been following this blog for along time. Exhaustive but so interesting. Lots to sink your teeth in.