The Best Thoth Deck

Richard

My pocket edition was printed in China. It is a very good printing, but the images are too intricately detailed for the pocket size to do them justice. I gave it away. The standard deck is okay, but I much prefer the large green box deck.

Aeon418

My pocket edition was printed in China.
Did the Chinese version come with same misprint that appears in the AGM version. I've had three different copies of the pocket size deck and they all had the same strange double image on the 8 of Swords.

Richard

Did the Chinese version come with same misprint that appears in the AGM version. I've had three different copies of the pocket size deck and they all had the same strange double image on the 8 of Swords.

If it did, I didn't notice it.

Barleywine

After reading with the large Thoth deck for several decades, I don't need to see the intricate details to use a pocket-size deck. It becomes more a matter of simple recognition than analysis of the images. I need a small deck to take to group meetings because table-top space can be limited, and this one should do fine. For home use I go with the mid-size deck for ease of shuffling and hardly ever take my large Thoths out of their boxes now.

EmpyreanKnight

At a meeting on Saturday, I saw a pocket-size Thoth with the AGM imprint on the cards. The images were extremely clear and crisp for such a small deck. The owner no longer has the box, so she had no information. Sounds like it's no longer printed by AGM.

My Pocket Thoth was included in The Complete Tarot Kit by US Games, which also had the Pocket RWS. I bought the set in 2015. The Pocket Thoth came in a uniquely designed box that didn't state where it was printed:

http://imgur.com/yug7lHL

My copy is sealed because I don't plan to use it yet. On the back however, on the lower right corner, there is a "c 1996 AGMuller" stamp, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/4elfd31

Does this mean that my Pocket Thoth was printed by A G Muller? I'm not very familiar with the various Thoth editions.

Barleywine

My Pocket Thoth was included in The Complete Tarot Kit by US Games, which also had the Pocket RWS. I bought the set in 2015. The Pocket Thoth came in a uniquely designed box that didn't state where it was printed:

http://imgur.com/yug7lHL

My copy is sealed because I don't plan to use it yet. On the back however, on the lower right corner, there is a "c 1996 AGMuller" stamp, as you can see here:

http://imgur.com/4elfd31

Does this mean that my Pocket Thoth was printed by A G Muller? I'm not very familiar with the various Thoth editions.

That AG Muller imprint is identical to the one I saw on the deck last Saturday. I believe that the one printed in China would have a US Games copyright on it.

EmpyreanKnight

That AG Muller imprint is identical to the one I saw on the deck last Saturday. I believe that the one printed in China would have a US Games copyright on it.

That's good to know. Thanks, Barleywine!

Madrigal

I have the med. sized version but I'd like to have a trimmed version. Would the large cards be best for that? Trying to get a feel for size post-trim. Would they then be standard-sized Tarot cards? It feels like the med. sized cards would result in a much smaller deck.

devilkitty

I have the med. sized version but I'd like to have a trimmed version. Would the large cards be best for that? Trying to get a feel for size post-trim. Would they then be standard-sized Tarot cards? It feels like the med. sized cards would result in a much smaller deck.

Yes, the large is the one you want to trim. Works out close to a "regular" size, and the cards certainly take on more life for me - like they're reaching to you, rather than you looking through a window at them.

Madrigal

Yes, the large is the one you want to trim. Works out close to a "regular" size, and the cards certainly take on more life for me - like they're reaching to you, rather than you looking through a window at them.

Thank you! Looking forward to the results :thumbsup: