Rana's Deck

Astraea

I agree, this deck is gorgeous and well worth the wait. It is available to ship from US Games, or you can preorder it at Amazon and it will ship in August or September (for those with Amazon Prime who wish to avoid US Games' shipping charges). I couldn't wait to see it, so I canceled my preorder at Amazon and purchaed it from US Games - it arrived at lightning speed, and I'm loving the deck.

Glass Owl

I really want to buy this deck but I'm unsure about card borders. I wish they had used the solid blue border that is on the front of the box.

Astraea

I really want to buy this deck but I'm unsure about card borders. I wish they had used the solid blue border that is on the front of the box.
The borders are not disconnected from the images, though...they are more like Moorish frames for the various depictions. They work well within the context of the deck (to me, at least).

Glass Owl

The borders are not disconnected from the images, though...they are more like Moorish frames for the various depictions. They work well within the context of the deck (to me, at least).
I like the idea of frames so that is good to know. Once the cards are side by side perhaps it will look different to me. It's definitely on top of my wishlist.

Essjay

I can't wait for this deck - I keep checking BD in case they get early stock!

Glass Owl

Does anyone have information about the guidebook that accompanies the deck?

Astraea

Does anyone have information about the guidebook that accompanies the deck?
It's small (5"x3.5") and fits exactly into the box, which consists of a double well for two stacks of cards. The book rests on top of the cards. If you have the Maybe Lenormand, the setup is exactly like that.

The book is 122 pages and contains sample readings of lines of cards, pointing to the importance of context. There are explanations of why Rana designed each card the way she did. The book is not illustrated. It's much more useful than the typical LWB, but does not contain info on the GT, reading methods, etc.

Glass Owl

It's small (5"x3.5") and fits exactly into the box, which consists of a double well for two stacks of cards. The book rests on top of the cards. If you have the Maybe Lenormand, the setup is exactly like that.

The book is 122 pages and contains sample readings of lines of cards, pointing to the importance of context. There are explanations of why Rana designed each card the way she did. The book is not illustrated. It's much more useful than the typical LWB, but does not contain info on the GT, reading methods, etc.

Thank you so much for the details, Astraea. I am happy to hear that she explains each card's design. I wish more creators/illustrators did this. The sample readings are a nice touch too. I'm not thrilled about the box design (I find it weird storing a deck in two parts) but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Astraea

I'm not thrilled about the box design (I find it weird storing a deck in two parts) but it isn't a deal breaker for me.
I feel the same way. The box is so pretty that at first I thought I might actually use it for storing the cards, but...nah. :)