Margarete Petersen Study Group Proposal - with or without the deck!

firemaiden

At last, I've finally finished the translations for the explanations of each card from the Little Aubergine Book.

I hope that some of you will find it worthwhile. The court cards were the hardest to do, being very poetic and stream of consciousness.

Next to tackle is Luisa Francia's long preface.

WolfSpirit

firemaiden you are a true gem :*

Do you want help in translating the preface ? Just let me know (as long as you don't want it by tomorrow, that is)

lark

Lots of :* :* :* :* from me too firemaiden.
I have decided to get the deck for my birthday.
And I never would have if it wasn't for all the time and attention you've put into the translations.
Thank you so much.

EarthAngel2911

Thank You!

Firemaiden,

Thank you so much for all of your work translating MP's beautiful passages. The images themselves speak volumes, I know, but I've gotten so much more out of the cards by reading the poetry for each one! Again, thanks!

Now, where to start? I guess I can look to the board to see which cards have already been studied. I guess we could each do which card we want, but I think I would get more out of it if we were sharing together. :)

Either way, I'm excited to dig in! And when I was at Barnes & Noble last night, I got one of those magnifying cards, and it's the same size as the MP deck. Too cool!

Blessings,
Karen

Summerdream

Hello everyone!

I have been drooling over the online images of the Margarete Peterson deck for about 3 weeks now. Now that it has the english companion book I'm even more tempted to purchase it. Tell me, those of you that have it, what is it like reading with it. The artwork is beautiful and I could spend hours studying each card.

Blessings,
Momof3girls;)

CompassRose

I had been just studying with it mostly, getting to know the cards. But I recently ordered the English version and have done a few little readings lately.

This deck has been revelation after revelation for me, and reading with it is just the same. I use the German cards (because I like the dark backgrounds and the German words) and read the English book, and the readings seem to -- fall into place in a way that rarely used to happen. They have so far tended to the mystical/spiritual, but that may be the particular subjects I've been querying, too. Nonetheless. I'm getting a real interweaving of image/card/words that works in my brain like yeast.

I love this deck.

Moongold

I had not read this thread until now.

Has the study group actually started? I have started to post, thinking that no-one was doing anything and did not realise that you might all be waiting for each other.

firemaiden

hunh?
The study group has been going on for months...

Moongold

Sure. It's just that no-one seems to post to the actual threads dealing with the cards.

That is all :)

It would be great if there was more. But these images require contemplation, I guess and some of that is quite personal.

firemaiden

Well, Moongold, all of my threads have at least one post. :D :D