Visconti - anyone interested in studying in?

MystiqueMoonlight

I'm keen on starting a study group on the Visconti deck. If you're interested let me know.

Moonbow

Ooh... I would love to say yes, but in reality I know I won't be able to keep it up because I'm involved in reading and learning alot of other stuff at the moment. I will get to read all of the posts here though. :)

MystiqueMoonlight

That's no problem at all, I'll wait and see if there are any people wanting to participate.

Clementine_webb

Studying the Viscontis

Hi MystiqueMoonlight,

I'm very interested in the European origins of Tarot cards -- I usually read with the Ancient Italian.

I now have a deck of Visconti-sforzas in the mail and I can't wait to contrast and compare them with my current deck!

I'm sure I'm going to love these cards, and I would love to discuss and explore the deeper meanings/artwork/historical associations etc.

I especially want to discuss the "strength" card, as I find it disturbing that the animal is being brutalized as opposed to gently subdued as in most other tarot decks.

So, count me in if you like! I'm there!
~Viki

firecatpickles

Yes, count me in, too. I should be receiving mine in a week or two.

K:spade:K

Little Baron

Are you meaning any Visconti? I have the Cary Yale. Unfortunately, I have never used it because I absolutely HATE the redrawing (or what looks like messy and outlandish painting) on some of the cards that were missing. Does anyone else have this problem with it? Is there a Visconti that doesn't have these disruptions in the majot arcana, or are they all like this?

LB

firecatpickles

Looks like I am not in, after all. The "deck" I had ordered turns out to be only a book actually named, "The Visconti-Sforza Tarot Cards!" I am so bummed. I can't help but think it is a bit of false advertising there.

K:spade:K

Lewen

I have the visconti-sforza with the gold foil in the background. I'm interested. I'd like to learn more about all of my decks that I have so far.

MystiqueMoonlight

Sounds like a plan, I should have my new Visconti (I am getting the gold one this week I hope) so we'll start up the study group then if you like?

I think any Visconti deck will do.

Lewen

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Sounds like a plan, I should have my new Visconti (I am getting the gold one this week I hope) so we'll start up the study group then if you like?

I think any Visconti deck will do.

Sounds like a plan for me to. I have this thread on watch and looking forward to learning and participating! :D