The Avalonian Oracle

AJ

I wonder why schiffer is so stingy with card views? Speaking only for myself that is probably why I don't own any of their decks. Nothing to tempt me. Plus they put so few cards in them. For me an oracle needs 60 or so cards to be of any value.

Belinda2

I judt saw this at the bookstore and since I cannot see what the cards look like I did not buy it.

ram

I know this thread is aged, but is there anyone here who has thoughts on the Avalonian Oracle Deck? I'm fairly new to oracle decks. Is this a fairly typical deck as far as suits goes? Does anyone have suggestions how to make the most of it? It's really beautiful. Just a little confusing.

DaughterOfDanu

I know this thread is aged, but is there anyone here who has thoughts on the Avalonian Oracle Deck? I'm fairly new to oracle decks. Is this a fairly typical deck as far as suits goes? Does anyone have suggestions how to make the most of it? It's really beautiful. Just a little confusing.

To answer your questions, it differs from typical oracles in that there are no keywords below the card's title. It's pretty common for oracles to include keywords on the card to help the person working with them. But oracles are all very different from one another. They don't follow the same framework the way all tarots do. So the suits in it are unique, not all oracles have suits either.

I think it's a very niche oracle which is probably best worked with by those familiar with Celtic legends and lore (Like the lady of the lake). To be honest I worked with it a short time before switching to another Celtic-themed oracle (The Wisdom of Avalon). I found it tricky since I myself have very little knowledge of Celtic myth and lore. But that could be an opportunity for someone who wants to dedicate time to learning them.

I think your best bet would be taking some time to work with this oracle, meditating on the stories and messages that are found in the guidebook. You could also do some research into those stories to better remember and associate them with the card and it's meaning.

Hope I was able to help some :)