Esmeralda Lenormand

MoonGypsy

Esmeralda Lenormand by Karla Souza

Yesterday i received the very beautiful and colorful Esmeralda Lenormand by Karla Souza. [from Brazil] It really appeals to my Gypsy soul! ;)

i have mentioned it in other threads, but It is so uniquely beautiful, i decided it deserves it's own thread. If you haven't yet seen Donnaleigh's wonderful youtube review of this lovely deck, please take a gander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOSEQojQhc

i was in contact with Karla this morning, and i have invited her to come join us here on AT.

i am very much hoping she does! :heart:

Essjay

I just watched the video - it's a beautiful deck. I love the use of varnish that sets the cards off. That strike of lightning is gorgeous!

Ryver

I just got my deck this morning and absolutely love it! I was a little worried that all the colors and floral patterns would distract me but I find it blends really well and I'm enjoying it without diminishing my focus. The size and feel of the cards really suit me.

Mine came with an extra 26 with a corrected 10 :diamond: but I kind of liked the "incorrect" one better so I just used a sharpie to turn the 8 into a 10.

MoonGypsy, I hope she does join!

MoonGypsy

i am so happy! i just got an email from Karla, and she said that she will be joining
AT! :love:

Autumn Spice

I have it ordered and it has shipped. I can't wait to get it. Maybe today? I should be able to check the mail soon.

Ryver

i am so happy! i just got an email from Karla, and she said that she will be joining
AT! :love:

That is such happy news! You are brilliant for inviting her to come here, such a gift to us all. Thank you. I'm really looking forward to feeling out a little more on the symbols she chose.

Ryver

I have it ordered and it has shipped. I can't wait to get it. Maybe today? I should be able to check the mail soon.

It came registered mail, I had to sign for it.

MoonGypsy

i received another email from Karla! :)
She registered on AT today, and is just waiting for approval! :thumbsup:

Ryver

How many of us have gotten our hands on it so far?

I need to make and keep a list of the bottom symbols I notice and wish to discuss before I forget them all. For example, (and maybe everyone else figured it out and I'm having brain problems) what is the umbrella trying to say at the bottom of the lily card? rain? protection? (which does make sense but I still wonder if it means more than just that) safe sex? ;)

Edited to add:
Do you happen to know if Karla has perhaps released or will release an online English translation of the little booklet that comes with the deck?

MoonGypsy

Edited to add:
Do you happen to know if Karla has perhaps released or will release an online English translation of the little booklet that comes with the deck?

Don't know...

She registered on AT the other day; apparently she is still waiting in the approval queue, so to speak...

i hope she is able to pop on soon...
i was out of town for a couple of days [without internet access] and i was
sure she would have made an "appearance" by now...:love: