Lenormand is like reading someones e-mails

Barleywine

Not more than 6 months... :)

Six months to a year for me. I found that doing them too frequently just produces redundancy in the interpretation.

CosmicBeing

Six months to a year for me. I found that doing them too frequently just produces redundancy in the interpretation.

Yea I notice that too. I even think doing them twice a year (6 months time period each) shows redundancy if it's based on the same question.

I have even seen 5 card pulls message end up showing up in the GT layout as well.

Torann

One way that helps is being the bully....have to be very mean to yourself and be a debbie downer. If the cards are truly positive..it be hard to turn it into a negative.

For me it's different. I think I'm too much the bully for myself. If the reading shows difficult times, for someone else i see the soothing elements immediately... for myself not so much.

:)

DownUnderNZer

Go with your gut feeling and instincts plus always use tact.

Never venture (or try not to) into areas like "death" even if someone asks although if someone is already dying - use discretion as to whether you want to address that or not.

A lot of readers will say to be careful with HEALTH and LEGAL questions.

As for the personal nitty gritty - when I first started reading for friends I saw an affair in my gay friends lay out and told him in a diplomatic way as possible. It did come out some months later that his partner was cheating and instead of breaking up - they worked it out. The reading actually "prepared" him and gave him the time to mold it all over even though it was something he kept to the back of his mind.

Trust me when I say I wasn't preparing him - I was just telling him how I saw the cards at the time. It was basic and within limits with how I could read them back then - so in a way true to it and not in a position to play with meanings or hold back anything in my excitement of doing it.

Tact and diplomacy and use discernment and your gut. Cant go wrong really.

Set boundaries too...even with your friends.

DND :)

Hi guys,

i don't do professional readings or something, i just do them for friends. But whenever i do like a grand tableau and you see all the aspects of their life... it always feels like i'm reading their private e-mails and chat sessions. To me privacy is a big thing.

I sometimes struggle with that. Because people are always surprised about how much we can see in the cards... like recently i found out that a friend was having a secret relationship with a colleague... she didn't expect me to read that. I did the reading with her consent of course.

Am I the only one with this problem? :)