help!

velvet moon

I did a reading about a few new units and houses I'm considering moving to. With the one I was feeling kinda drawn to in terms of size and budget a drew the five of pentacles for 'what are the pros of this place' (knight of cups for cons) i'm really confused about this. I feel like it means it would be bad :( should I be reading the cards reversed for this type of question? Maybe the five of pentacles as a pro could mean this place is affordable therefore if I'm ever in financially difficult times i can still afford it. Or maybe it's reinforcing that it's just not as nice as my current place and area I thought the pro would indicate something about it being much bigger though. Knight of cups as a con...knight of cups in the deck I use looks a little stoned and despondent :p ...maybe I'll feel unhappy or depressed. There's also graveyard a bit further a long the road (out of sight but close enough)which creeps me out a bit, I spose...

gregory

It will make you look hard at the way you run your life - and make some sacrifices to get what you want. Which isn't a bad thing - it could be a really valuable lesson. Maybe it will mean you have to give up something you like which isn't actually good for you. (like, if you smoke, giving up cigarettes to help pay for the rent ?)

Cons - you could find this new place really depressing for some reason - would you be moving far from friends and family and things you are involved in ? Would you miss your old place too much ?

Thirteen

Your Interpretation?

I did a reading about a few new units and houses I'm considering moving to. With the one I was feeling kinda drawn to in terms of size and budget a drew the five of pentacles for 'what are the pros of this place' (knight of cups for cons) i'm really confused about this. I feel like it means it would be bad :( should I be reading the cards reversed for this type of question?
Hey, velvet moon, could you give us more of your thoughts on these two cards. BOTH the 5/Pents and knight/cups. What do you think it means in the "pro" section? And what does the knight/cups mean in con?

UTC rules are that we need an interpretation from you before we can help, and saying that you think it will be "bad" really isn't enough. We know you're confused and worried, but assume for the minute that the 5/Pent IS a "pro"--what might be positive given your situation, where the place is, etc? And if the knight/cups is a con? What might be negative given your situation, where the place is, etc? You don't need to give us a lot, just a bit more than "it might be bad" ;) This will help us to help you.

velvet moon

Hey, velvet moon, could you give us more of your thoughts on these two cards. BOTH the 5/Pents and knight/cups. What do you think it means in the "pro" section? And what does the knight/cups mean in con?

UTC rules are that we need an interpretation from you before we can help, and saying that you think it will be "bad" really isn't enough. We know you're confused and worried, but assume for the minute that the 5/Pent IS a "pro"--what might be positive given your situation, where the place is, etc? And if the knight/cups is a con? What might be negative given your situation, where the place is, etc? You don't need to give us a lot, just a bit more than "it might be bad" ;) This will help us to help you.

Done :)

velvet moon

It will make you look hard at the way you run your life - and make some sacrifices to get what you want. Which isn't a bad thing - it could be a really valuable lesson. Maybe it will mean you have to give up something you like which isn't actually good for you. (like, if you smoke, giving up cigarettes to help pay for the rent ?)

Cons - you could find this new place really depressing for some reason - would you be moving far from friends and family and things you are involved in ? Would you miss your old place too much ?

I'm moving closer to friends and community
however I have been in my current area for three years and I do like it and my apartment but there are reasons to do with work and lifestyle as well as friends that seem to be urging me to move.
I can see myself occasionally being depressed at moving to the new area as it's less 'happening' then where i am, but seeing as the othe rplaces are in the same area it's strange that the property I was most inclined to is giving me the five of pents as PRO haha..maybe it'll all become clearer when I inspect them again :)

Absynthe

With the one I was feeling kinda drawn to in terms of size and budget a drew the five of pentacles for 'what are the pros of this place' (knight of cups for cons) i'm really confused about this.

Pro's - Maybe no-one else is interested in it and it will be easy to get? My current rental was like that, empty for ages and not getting much love then I suddenly came along. I'm very happy in my home btw.

Con's - Maybe you'll fall in love with it and feel despondent that you don't own it? Or maybe you'll be living next door to some hot neighbour and it'll be a distraction. Plenty of interesting scenario's with this one. I don't think the cemetery will have much to do with the Knight Of Cups if I'm being honest.

velvet moon

Pro's - Maybe no-one else is interested in it and it will be easy to get? My current rental was like that, empty for ages and not getting much love then I suddenly came along. I'm very happy in my home btw.

Con's - Maybe you'll fall in love with it and feel despondent that you don't own it? Or maybe you'll be living next door to some hot neighbour and it'll be a distraction. Plenty of interesting scenario's with this one. I don't think the cemetery will have much to do with the Knight Of Cups if I'm being honest.

that's a clever interpertation. not sure i'd fall in love with it -but the agent did say that the other people who had applied were not very desirable and seemed keen on us :)

Thirteen

Is it just size/budget...or do you love it?

that's a clever interpertation. not sure i'd fall in love with it -but the agent did say that the other people who had applied were not very desirable and seemed keen on us :)
I think that sounds very much like the 5/Pents, doesn't it? The folk behind the stained glass door would like to keep out the "undesirables" and they want you. That's certain a strong Pro, as if they want you, they'll do their best to sweeten the deal and welcome you in.

Knight/Cups as con...the Knight/Cups is often searching for a Holy Grail. A perfect love. He is certain it is out there, and maybe it is...but maybe it isn't. The problem is, his belief that it is out there makes him unhappy with anything that doesn't exactly fit the bill. And it makes him want to keep searching.

I think that the key here is that you're drawn to this place because of size and budget, rather than because you "love it" or think it's your holy grail of a place. And so, if you sign the papers and move into this place, you might end up with a strong feeling of buyers remorse; like you decided too soon, and ought to have kept looking. If that is the case, then you might need to look at this place and ask "can I love it?" You might also want to put out the Knight/Cups and do a new reading (don't post in this thread! New readings get their own threads--and in Your Readings if complete). Ask: "How can I avoid this issue that I may have with this new place if I take it?"

Hope that helps!

velvet moon

I think that sounds very much like the 5/Pents, doesn't it? The folk behind the stained glass door would like to keep out the "undesirables" and they want you. That's certain a strong Pro, as if they want you, they'll do their best to sweeten the deal and welcome you in.

Knight/Cups as con...the Knight/Cups is often searching for a Holy Grail. A perfect love. He is certain it is out there, and maybe it is...but maybe it isn't. The problem is, his belief that it is out there makes him unhappy with anything that doesn't exactly fit the bill. And it makes him want to keep searching.

I think that the key here is that you're drawn to this place because of size and budget, rather than because you "love it" or think it's your holy grail of a place. And so, if you sign the papers and move into this place, you might end up with a strong feeling of buyers remorse; like you decided too soon, and ought to have kept looking. If that is the case, then you might need to look at this place and ask "can I love it?" You might also want to put out the Knight/Cups and do a new reading (don't post in this thread! New readings get their own threads--and in Your Readings if complete). Ask: "How can I avoid this issue that I may have with this new place if I take it?"

Hope that helps!

thanks, thirteen, that sounds like a well rounded way to read the cards in this sitch and certainly rings true. I will do another reading as you advise. :) thanks