View Single Post
Citizen

Surja76 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba-prague
A quick one - and I'd like to emphasise that anything I say is just clarifying our intentions when we made the card. I don't think the way we see it is "correct" as a deck will find its own meanings over time with each reader who uses it with focus.

But, our intention with the gloves was to imply white Papal gloves.
http://dappledphotos.blogspot.com/20...al-gloves.html

The High Priestess is, after all, also La Papessa.
AH, Karen!!! Thank you. Your Deck is Great and opened from different unexpected sides. Thank you for your work.
Please, add your comments if you feel we are aside of main subject.

Really I did not know about Ritual gloves. Thank you for your mentioning. I am Orthodox and our Priests do not ware gloves.

Oh, I was just little close.
But I compared gloves not with Catholic Ritual ones but with relation to the one Catholic Monk, Saint Pio, who had to put gloves on his hands because they were constantly bloody, like hands of crucified Christ. This blood had healing effect. And he used white gloves like antiseptiс.
So that I have thought she is nurse with soul healing blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
AH-ha! I think you may have it. All four colors for all four elements...and Purple for the fifth, as Purple is also the color of the spirit. The fifth element.

And I don't think those are birds on her coat. I'm pretty positive that they're leaves. Maybe oak leaves? Oak was the tree of truth, and it's the "masculine" symbol to the pomegranate's feminine. Or perhaps the leaves are just standing for the tree of knowledge? She holds up that vial of blood much as Eve might have held the "apple." Or, on our case, the pomegranate as that, some say, was the real fruit that was eaten in Eden. It is a fruit of knowledge, life and death.

YESSSS I think you just got it, perfect.
Top   #10