Seven of Swords - What does he say to you?

MissCW

I just wondered what impressions you get from the Seven of Swords in the Gilded. I have had this card come up a bit lately in a reading for a friend but I haven't got to grips with him yet.

Part of the problem is, I just cannot decide what the expression on his face is saying. Is a sneaky face? Part of me thinks it is and then I think, no, it looks more like a "shrug your shoulders, what else can I do" kind of face!

And if he is such a bad person, why isn't the cat frightened of him? Would this suggest that if this card is the thief card, it is a thief that is familiar to you? Help!

Disa

Well, to me, the face is one of an untrustworthy individual. I would think his intentions are to deceive but that he may not be very skilled at it. The fact that the cat is not afraid does seem to indicate it may be someone you are familiar with. I think also that the card is a card of consequences. Consider the consequences of your actions. Rethink the possibilities and the outcomes of your choices and beware those who may deceive you in the process.

HoneyBea

Seven of Swords

The Seven of Swords to me is a card which draws to your attention that you really need to consider your solutions to a problem carefully. If you act hastily or even decitfully and you do not think things out then your actions could come back to bite you! It really reminds us that all of our actions have consequences.

Now cats can represent a number of things and according to Tracy's Porter's Tarot Companion apart from being intuitive, instinctive and detached they can also be sneaky,and uncaring - so some indication as to what Ciro means by putting a cat on this particular card.

LixiPixi

I tend to see this card as a man who is "picking up the spoils," so to speak, after a battle. I think he watched the fight go on while hiding behind the bushes, too chicken to pick a side and fight for what was right. After the battle was over, he snuck in and took all the valuables he could possibly carry that were left laying around. Seems to me that he has a look on his face like he's chuckling and saying "hehehe....I just scored!" Who knows....maybe this is his big break in life. Maybe the resale value of those swords will get him some better clothing, a better place to live (he looks homeless in my opinion) and put food on his table. It may be a complete turn of events for him and things are finally starting to look up :)

The cat appears to be looking at him like "who the heck are you?" and wondering if all the commotion is over with or if this guy is going to cause a ruckus too. I swear - that cat looks ready to bolt at the slightest sign!

MissCW

I thought I would post a follow up to this because recently I have been plagued by the Seven of Swords and I just wasn't getting the meaning. I got really paranoid that there was a "thief" around me, especially as it was coming up around my relationshop.

It actually represented someone who wanted to resolve an issue with me - and instead of addressing the real issue, they went completely the wrong way about it and made me even more angry!

So to me now it does relate to the taking control element of the Sevens, but going about it with a bad solution, glossing over the problem and possibly making a bad situation worst. Not really being a thief or stealing from you, actually being a bit stupid lol!! Actually, when you look at the man on Seven of Swords in this light, he doesn't look too bright does he? :)

Which is pretty much exactly what the Gilded book says! I just thought I'd post this example in case it helps anyone who has got a bit worried when they've seen this card too.

annik

To me, he seems to takes the swords and think it will bring a quick fix. Maybe he doesn't know that those swords had become worthless...

StellarMyst

7 of Swords

I will here quote a previous post of my own concerning a relationship issue and this card showing up in it. I had responded to the post to hopefully shed a little light on an issue that turned up this card, and therefore perhaps causing confusion of some degree -- or so I thought --

I think (based upon the way I have read this card), Is he faced with a problem he's holding back the details of? If so, he may not know how to solve it. Perhaps you could help him with a spread about what might be on his mind or even what is setting off red flags with either of you...? read for yourself, and then do the same reading for him and see if there's a connection... for this, I'd say try using the respective cards as significators in the spread you feel is best...?

--StellarMyst

When I look at this card (this perspective is not from doing a reading, but out by itself to view the detail of the picture itself non-critically), I see what everyone else here has stated so far, but did you notice that the book does not address the Siamese cat to the right of this "shady character's" exit door?

Why is our fuzzy-little-friend there? Is he passively gazing at this thief apparent as if he's nuts--or is this just me?

--StellarMyst

bumble bee

seven of swords cat

I never even noticed the cat was there but now that I know- I wonder
about the position of the cats tail. Im allergic to cats but is it a position
a cat would take when they are annoyed. This is the thought that came to me.

foxyred813

I keep getting this card in spreads so I thought I would give it a real close look.

I didn't notice the cat!! I looked up Siamese cats and they are suppose to be one of the most intelligent. Going off of what MissCW said I wonder if the man should be taking the cat instead of the swords? Or at least hearing what the intuitions the cat has for him? I guess Siamese trait is that they can be big talkers?

In my situation, I feel like the cat. I want attention and to talk, I have a lot of insight but instead he walks away with the swords leaving two behind.

It actually represented someone who wanted to resolve an issue with me - and instead of addressing the real issue, they went completely the wrong way about it and made me even more angry!

So to me now it does relate to the taking control element of the Sevens, but going about it with a bad solution, glossing over the problem and possibly making a bad situation worst. Not really being a thief or stealing from you, actually being a bit stupid lol!! Actually, when you look at the man on Seven of Swords in this light, he doesn't look too bright does he? :)

Maybe a bit overboard, but I noticed the floor. Its just like the floor in the seven of wands.. if you look outside the door the gating is the same! I wonder if their is a connection.

I wish I had a magnifying glass here!! I wonder if they are the same man? 7 w gives up the fancy luxurious outfit, gets stuck with the "homeless" look as someone said? The nine of swords also has the same ceiling... whenever I see that card the ceiling makes me feel trapped and feelings of self imposed mental anguish come about. In 9 s it has the owl, which too me is a guide for wisdom. Maybe they have that in common.

Far out there I know!! I love this deck and all the little details!

DeliberateDelirium

He looks like he is leaving something behind, and he's unsure if he's made the right decision. That's why he's looking back. I didn't think of it as being sneaky or untrustworthy, just unsure. Swords represent thoughts, so he's made a decision and is leaving some thoughts behind but is still looking back because he can't bring himself to really let them go. The card doesn't specify whether he is making the right decision or not, it just encourages contemplation. Cats represent secret wisdom, so I think that's what the cat is there for. It's encouraging you to search deep inside and find the wisdom needed to make a decision and be sure of it.