View Single Post
Citizen

inanna_tarot 

I do love this Princess too (but I love all the cards lol)

I hadnt thought of the first blood rites, but now you've all expanded on it, the more I see it! Shes out on her first moonlodge, like the vision quests of the native americans. This where she is crossing 2 worlds, of child to adult, of the individual to the tribe.
The spirals are like the spirals of the Strength card, that the energy of Nwyfre, that the movements of Gaia will continue to nourish and protect us if we open up to them, otherwise we are disconnected and alone.

Looking at this scene and I dont see it being too far away from the Ace of Pentacles, like she has been in the Tomb of the bear after her first blood ritual and is now left to meditate and ponder on what has happened and her future, the past of her people and what her blood remembers of the land rather than what she knows of the land.
Also i've heard of some first blood rites offering a red cloak or veil for this is a girl going into woman hood.. and then when the time of Croning comes the red cloak is removed and replaced with a white one, or sometimes a black one.

I cant see any ogham here other than the Birch/Beith. But then thats good. This is earth or earth, of the life energy of the earth. I can almost see Cernunnos' eyes in the light of the dawning sun (earth/north of midwinter and rebirth), and like the Princess and Cernunnos come to an understanding, an awareness of knowing their place in that energy. I can see the elders of her tribe saying she is wise beyond her years, but its not wisdom, its the truth of her land that she feels.

I agree with all the hobbit ideas, shes definately got a low centre of gravity! lol.
She is one with the ancestors of Blood and Bone, of Earth and Stone.
Top   #24