Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Minderwiz

Reply and Apology

Hi samantha. I accidentally edited your feedback by clicking on 'edit' rather than 'quote'. I 'poste' before I realised the error. I could not restore the original, though I tried. :( So thank you for it and my apologies for hitting the wrong button

samantha said:
Dear God !!!!!!
I hate sports (except ice skating and that not an option), enjoy walking (but again not an option once I am back; too polluted ) and have absolutely no interest, and some distaste, for things related to the military. I have been on a restricted diet for the last year, so even the eating and drinking you mentioned earlier are not really an option !

Are there really no other possibilities ??!! Perhaps one or two slipped away whilst you weren't looking ?? :(

:) Actually Mars rules 'passion' lol, so it could just be a general strong and active desire that gets you out of the house :) The fifth House is concerned with romance too :)

Mars signifies action and assertion, so there could be many ways that the 'passion' manifests. You might become an active and keen bird watcher, or stamp collector.

However, I was in a hurry to read the chart (never a good thing) and concentrated on the areas of vocation and hobbies/pastimes but I missed a third possibility that you might get passionate about. Mars rules the eleventh House through Aries. The eleventh House is traditionally associated with friends, so you might develop a strong and active friendship.

The eleventh House is also traditionally signifies the 'king's advisers and counsellors' and in a modern context this has been extended to include parliaments and legislatures and through them politics and elections. So you might get passionate about some political cause or join a political party. I think this could also be extended to interest and pressure groups which campaign for particular causes.

With simply 'a passion' to go on, it's very difficult to be more precise than it will involve you in being active and asserting yourself in some way (even if only to a low level). I'm not suggesting that you are likely to seek election or will become a leading member of a campaign but you may well get interested in such an activity, even if only by distributing leaflets. Indeed given the essential dignity of Mars, it would most likely be be some sort of low level activity,

Looking at Mars, it's in a humane sign (Aquarius) in the Sign and Triplicity of Saturn (which represents structure, organisation and scientific enquiry, then it could easily be a passion for something that is designed to promote human happiness/relieve human misery by joining some form of organisation dedicated to that.

samantha said:
EDIT: I am a Cancerian. Is there any significance in this given that I am also signified by it in this reading, or just coincidence ?

Nothing is 'just coincidence' :) Though I'd be more impressed if your rising sign was Cancer, or the Moon was prominent in your chart,

samantha

:) Actually Mars rules 'passion' lol, so it could just be a general strong and active desire that gets you out of the house :) The fifth House is concerned with romance too :)
:) My husband had better keep an eye on me then :)

However, I was in a hurry to read the chart (never a good thing) and concentrated on the areas of vocation and hobbies/pastimes but I missed a third possibility that you might get passionate about. Mars rules the eleventh House through Aries. The eleventh House is traditionally associated with friends, so you might develop a strong and active friendship.
Ah! Someone else (not an astrologer though) told me that someone who could become a *lifelong* friend would be materialising before the end of the year. That said, doesn't Saturn govern protracted periods of time?

The eleventh House is also traditionally signifies the 'king's advisers and counsellors' and in a modern context this has been extended to include parliaments and legislatures and through them politics and elections. So you might get passionate about some political cause or join a political party. I think this could also be extended to interest and pressure groups which campaign for particular causes.
Hmm. This might be a possibility. In the past I have either ranted about issues at home or given donations etc Perhaps 2013 is the year to get more involved.

I'm not suggesting that you are likely to seek election or will become a leading member of a campaign.......

Aww.... :(

......but you may well get interested in such an activity, even if only by distributing leaflets.

LEAFLETS ????!!!! (just joking...)

Looking at Mars, it's in a humane sign (Aquarius) in the Sign and Triplicity of Saturn (which represents structure, organisation and scientific enquiry, then
it could easily be a passion for something that is designed to promote human happiness/relieve human misery by joining some form of organisation dedicated to that.
Right. This is exactly the kind of thing I would go for. I hate injustice . I'm assuming that Aquarius covers the animal kingdom as a whole, not just humans ?

Thanks for the additional insites here; much more appealing than the prospect of polishing brass buttons :) X

Minderwiz

Reading for Phoenix11

Hi Minderwiz,

If the thread is still open, I'd love some feedback on a question...

Can you tell how my relationship with C will develop over the next 6-12 months (love interest)?

Thank you so much.

The chart I cast for the question has Cancer rising so you are signified by the Moon and C is signified by Saturn.

The Moon is in Taurus, where it is in exaltation and it is in the eleventh House of hopes and aspirations. This is a fairly good placement.

Saturn is in the fifth House of Romance, so is clearly your romantic interest. Saturn has no essential dignity, which suggests that C might be somewhat timid or fearful, not easily able to make a decision or act upon it. Saturn is not in any dignity of the Moon (or vice versa) so there does not seem to be any compelling force that will bring you two together.

Indeed the Moon is separating from an opposition to Saturn,. If you two are already acquainted, this might suggest some form of disagreement in the past, or a separation in the past, which is now likely to end. If you two do not know each other, then I would take this to mean that something has kept you apart but is now likely to come to an end.

The removal of an obstacle does not necessitate a satisfactory conclusion though. The Moon is not applying to Saturn by a good aspect, which I would want to see for that. Indeed the Moon is applying to a square with Mars, which rules the fifth House. Mars therefore signifies 'Romance' in general but not specifically C (who as a 'named' individual in ruled by the sevemth House).

The square aspect suggests that romance might come but not necessarily easily or be what you hoped if you achieve it. There would be difficulties ahead. Such a conclusion does not directly involve C but oddly I notice that Mars lies very near the antisicon of Saturn, a relationship similar to a conjunction. I've never seen a horary text which treats an application to a planet at the anticscion of the significator of the quesited as being an indication of a succesfull ourcome, so I'm not going to take it as such but equally I'm not going to rule it out completely. If it does have any positive meaning then it is not a strong one.

In summary, there is a possible indication of romance but it is one that indicates difficulties and delays and it is by no means clear that a romance with C would occur.

I can perhaps refine it a little if you can give me some indication of your current relationship if any with C, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope that things will develop from what they are now.

Attachments

• Phoenix11 Horary.jpg
    Phoenix11 Horary.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 99

Minderwiz

:) My husband had better keep an eye on me then :)

If it were not for your later comments, I'd suggest he locks you away :)

Samantha said:
Hmm. This might be a possibility. In the past I have either ranted about issues at home or given donations etc Perhaps 2013 is the year to get more involved.

LEAFLETS ????!!!! (just joking...)

Well if you get really passionate you might yet stand for election for a local committee or even spend the time writing and printing the leaflets LOL

Samantha said:
Right. This is exactly the kind of thing I would go for. I hate injustice . I'm assuming that Aquarius covers the animal kingdom as a whole, not just humans ?

Not the animal kingdom as such but it would signify a belief in the humane treatment of animals. Yes this area does look like something that fits in more with what you are looking for, Just wish I'd spotted it first time round.

Phoenix11

The chart I cast for the question has Cancer rising so you are signified by the Moon and C is signified by Saturn.

The Moon is in Taurus, where it is in exaltation and it is in the eleventh House of hopes and aspirations. This is a fairly good placement.

Saturn is in the fifth House of Romance, so is clearly your romantic interest. Saturn has no essential dignity, which suggests that C might be somewhat timid or fearful, not easily able to make a decision or act upon it. Saturn is not in any dignity of the Moon (or vice versa) so there does not seem to be any compelling force that will bring you two together.

Thank you very much... Yes, C is a romantic interest. He has been fearful of getting in a relationship because of financial difficulties. I don't see the situation changing until things stabilize with him, which I think will still take some time.

Indeed the Moon is separating from an opposition to Saturn,. If you two are already acquainted, this might suggest some form of disagreement in the past, or a separation in the past, which is now likely to end. If you two do not know each other, then I would take this to mean that something has kept you apart but is now likely to come to an end.

True also... we had a falling out last spring and didn't speak for a couple of months. We have started talking again, but things haven't been the same... we're not as close as we used to be.

The removal of an obstacle does not necessitate a satisfactory conclusion though. The Moon is not applying to Saturn by a good aspect, which I would want to see for that. Indeed the Moon is applying to a square with Mars, which rules the fifth House. Mars therefore signifies 'Romance' in general but not specifically C (who as a 'named' individual in ruled by the sevemth House).

The square aspect suggests that romance might come but not necessarily easily or be what you hoped if you achieve it. There would be difficulties ahead. Such a conclusion does not directly involve C but oddly I notice that Mars lies very near the antisicon of Saturn, a relationship similar to a conjunction. I've never seen a horary text which treats an application to a planet at the anticscion of the significator of the quesited as being an indication of a succesfull ourcome, so I'm not going to take it as such but equally I'm not going to rule it out completely. If it does have any positive meaning then it is not a strong one.

I think if we were to get into a relationship right now, there might be some difficulty. He did find a better job recently but he's still catching up on bills, need to find a place to live (staying with family now) and trying get back on his feet. I still think it might take at least until the end of the year or early next year.

In summary, there is a possible indication of romance but it is one that indicates difficulties and delays and it is by no means clear that a romance with C would occur.

I can perhaps refine it a little if you can give me some indication of your current relationship if any with C, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope that things will develop from what they are now.

Does this just cover the next 6-12 months? I can see that things might not happen between us for awhile yet, but I just don't want to miss an opportunity... I am keeping my distance from him until he works things out for himself, but I'm afraid he thinks I just lost interest... I never contact him anymore and I feel like he's almost afraid to contact me, that I don't want to hear from him.. but that's not the case.. I just don't want to put any pressure on him... He knows how I feel and I put so much effort into trying to work things out with him before but it was too draining to feel rejected all the time, so I decided to just let him come to me.

Thank you again :)

Minderwiz

Does this just cover the next 6-12 months? I can see that things might not happen between us for awhile yet, but I just don't want to miss an opportunity... I am keeping my distance from him until he works things out for himself, but I'm afraid he thinks I just lost interest... I never contact him anymore and I feel like he's almost afraid to contact me, that I don't want to hear from him.. but that's not the case.. I just don't want to put any pressure on him... He knows how I feel and I put so much effort into trying to work things out with him before but it was too draining to feel rejected all the time, so I decided to just let him come to me.

Thank you again :)

Yes, the period is the one that you originally asked for - 6-12 months. However that does not preclude you from contacting him :) Indeed I would suggest that you do keep in touch but without making him feel under pressure. Let him know you miss not having him in your life, that you fully understand his situation but would like to keep in touch.

You recognise the need not to pressure him but he needs to know you're still there. Don't push but at least send the occasional message, even if he doesn't always reply.

Phoenix11

Yes, the period is the one that you originally asked for - 6-12 months. However that does not preclude you from contacting him :) Indeed I would suggest that you do keep in touch but without making him feel under pressure. Let him know you miss not having him in your life, that you fully understand his situation but would like to keep in touch.

You recognise the need not to pressure him but he needs to know you're still there. Don't push but at least send the occasional message, even if he doesn't always reply.

Thank you.. I will give it a little while and if I don't hear from him, I'll contact him.

Thanks again :)

Minderwiz

Reading for Ana's Song

Hi Minderwiz, as we PM'ed would you be able to cast a horary for my love life outlook over the next six months - specifically a reconciliation with my ex boyfriend, or failing which then what new developments are likely? Thank you.

The chart cast has Leo rising, so you are signified by the Sun. Your ex is signified by Saturn.

The Sun is in the Seventh House, which shows you as definitely seeking a long term relationship with him. There's no exaltation ruler for Aquarius and Saturn is the Triplicity ruler, emphasising your strong interest. The Sun is also in the Terms and Face of Venus, a natural significator or young women and also romance. Venus however is placed in the sixth, perhaps a signification that you are 'lovesick' :) or at least that the romance has not gone well.

Saturn is in Scorpio where it is Peregrine, but at least it's in the Face of the Sun - indicating some positive feeling for you, if not particularly strong. Saturn is also in the Terms of Venus, so he's not averse to romance, the issue clearly is 'will it be you'. Saturn is in the fourth house of the chart, which is his tenth house. So his key interest is his career or profession.

However the Sun is applying to Saturn by square - a very close square, from 9 degrees Aquarius to 11 degrees Scorpio. That is an extremely positive sign and indicates that you and he are likely to get together again. However, the square aspect indicates delays and difficulties in this and as both planets are in fixed signs that means that the process would be rather lengthy to start with.

Trying to fix a time period in Horary is never easy. The gap of 2 degrees suggests 2 time periods, but there is obviously a choice of days, weeks or months. I'd go for months, given that fixed signs are involved and add perhaps another month or possibly two for the square.

So yes, it does look like you will get back together in the next six months but I don't see it as being an easy process and I'd say probably three or four months, assuming the difficulties are overcome.

It's clear that you are far more keen on the reunion than he is but there is positive feelings on his part. My guess is tht he is going to be the 'difficulties' as he comes round to the idea of renewing the romance. It hopefully will happen. but you may need to work quite hard to get that result.

Incidentally, Venus rules both Lots of Marriage for a female. The first being in Taurus, where Venus rules both the sign and the Triplicity and the second being in Pisces where Venus is the exaltation ruler and also the triplicity ruler. As both the Sun and Saturn are in the Terms of Venus this seems to point clearly in one direction. Again though remember Venus is not well placed, by house, though she is in the sign and terms of Saturn. He holds the key here - Go get him!!

Attachments

• Ana's Song Horary.jpg
    Ana's Song Horary.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 92

Minderwiz

Reading for NamasteIndia

Are you taking questions??

I would like to know why people dont like me??

This is actually a difficult question for me to deal with as it's closely linked to natal issues and might be better read from your natal chart. I remember some time ago on a natal reading finding issues in your chart that might not endear you to others...you are an intelligent, assertive woman, who does not suffer fools gladly and that can put people's noses out of joint in any culture, but especially in a culture which expects women to take a passive/deferential/submissive role. It was that natal exercise that challenged me to try for a horary reading. I'm still not sure it's the correct way forward and it might not work but here goes:

First point - I'm using a chart with whole sign houses, as I'm drawing on Hellenistic Lots for some of the reading.

The chart has Leo rising which has you signified by the Sun. Leo is a fixed sign, so you are rather stubborn in your attitudes to people you disagree with or indeed in general. And you can also be 'firy' in your attitude. In this chart the Sun is in its detriment of Aquarius,can and placed in the seventh House conjunct the Descendant. I think this suggests that you feel vulnerable when you are challenged or even have a feeling that everyone is against you (which is the premise of the question).

Traditional Astrology highlights two kinds of 'enemies', those who are open about it and those who are secret (operate behind your back or without you being aware of it). The former are ruled by the seventh House, the latter by the twelfth. I think your question is more a seventh house one, as you clearly feel upset or threatened by antigonism.

The ruler of the twelfth House is Saturn. Saturn is in Scorpio from where it squares the Sun to the exact degree. So there is a clear challenging and indeed difficult aspect at work. Saturn though is at least in the Face of the Sun, so whilst there is a challenge, there's also a respect for you. It might be grudging but it's there. The Sun is Aquarius, is in the sign of Saturn, so you are the more deffensive or overawed'

Saturn is in the sign of Mars, which here is in the fourth House, and that can signify roots, family, and indeed culture. So I'd suggest one reason is that you are seen as a challenge to the cultural ideal of 'family'. That is not to say that your own husband and children hold this view, but it is likely to be held by your parents (who are also signified by the fourth house) and I think that was established by your comments in the natal work of earlier.

Saturn is in the Triplicity of Mars too, so that shows that you as a challenge to the 'family/roots/culture' is the overwhelming reason. Saturn is in the Terms of Mercury, so to a lesser extent it's your mind - it wouldn't be so bad if you were weak minded but you are not.

What can you do about it?

I've drawn up 5 Hellenistic Lots to help analyse the situation further.

The Lot of Enemies lies in your first House in Leo. So you are your own worst enemy here - you might consider modifying your behaviour and not rising to the bait so often. There are times when you have to bite your tongue.

The Lot of Necessity relates to restrictive and difficult situations, imprisonments, subordination and adversarial relationships. This Lot is ruled by Venus and lies in Libra, in the Terms of Venus and Face of Jupiter. It's in the third house, of siblings and neighbours so these may be where the arguments tend to lie. I'd suggest using Venus here. Venus is benefic, not malefic The Lot of Necessity shows how to adapt and overcome the difficulties. Your challenge is to be more like the cultural norm for young women but still maintain your assertiveness. You've got to learn to be assertive in a more gentle manner (and that's not a contradiction), use relationships (in the widest sense) to build alliances and friendships which you can draw on. The trouble is Venus is not well placed, being in the sixth. So you will find this hard to accomplish. However it is probably your best way forward.

The Lot of Nemesis shows whar you can't change about such situations - that is situations which are more or less permanent. This Lot lies in Cancer in your twelfth House - the house of secret enemies. There's nothing you can do here. The Lot is ruled by the Moon, which is in Libra with the Lot of Necessity. Your' feminine assertion may mitigate but it's not going to remove all your troubles. It might still leave you with some issues with siblings,but it's worth trying.

The Lots of Spirit and Accusation lie in the ninth House with the Lot of Accusation being conjunct your MC.

The Lot of Accusation is a description of you as am 'exile' being away from home, sometimes metaphorically - describing situations in which you feel on your own without friends or support, sometimes literally, that you are abroad in a foreign land. The lot is in the ninth House, which is aq fortunate house but is associated with overseas travel, as well as higher education and learning. The lot is actually sextiled by Mars, Sun and Mercury from the right, and by Jupiter from the left. So things are not as bad as you think. The only hard aspect is from Venus by square. I can't really tell if that means that you would be better moving to another country, I know you have thought about it. and it's possible that that might be a move to think about, but only for career reasons.

The Lot of Spirit shows what you can do by your own efforts to affect your life. As it to lies in the ninth House, that does throw the issue of moving for career reasons back into the consideration. Spirit has connections with career and social status because it shows the effects of your own efforts, and that tends to be the area where we most influence our lives.

Leaving the country is a dramatic and major decision. You might look at the other meaning of the ninth, higher education and embark on studies which would in time give your career a boost. The MC lies in your ninth whole sign house, so a career which itself is related to education, such as a teacher, might be a way forward.

There's no clear answer here but there are things to think about and maybe take soe action, both in personal behaviour and strategies for dealing with others and for trying to deal with that over which you have no control.

Attachments

• NamasteIndia Like.jpg
    NamasteIndia Like.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 94

Mona18

This question was tweaked to have the ex as the significant other. A Yes answer suggests that you will begin a relationship with him in the next 6 months but a no answer does not preclude a relationship with anyone else.

The chart has Aquarius rising, so your significator is Saturn. Saturn is currently in Scorpio, where it is Peregrine, which suggests someone not sure of what direction to go in or quite what to do, or needing help and advice. Saturn is also situated in the eighth house of the chart, which is usually seen as a weak placement, from which it is difficult to do anything about the matter of the question. This does describe the background of the question, as you have stated it. You have been told by others (the help and advice) that the ex is going to come back into your life, but unless you try deliberate action, events will take their course outside your control. This is stressed by Saturn's conjunction to the Lot of Fortune, which is related to those things that happen to you outside your contriol - luck or fortune.

The ex is signified by the Sun (also a natural significator of men) and the Sun is currently in Sagittarius, where it is the Triplicity ruler. The Sun is the stronger planet with more power to act, and this seems again to describe a situation where his actions will in some way bring him back into your life. The Sun lies in the tenth House, so it might be that his return is in some way related to your work or to some action you inadvertently take, or it might simply signify that he is in a postion to act and has the power to do so.

The Sun is in the Terms of Venus and the Face of the Moon, two feminine symbols, so he may well be thinking about romance in some way. It is interesting that Saturn has only two planets as rulers of the degree in which it is situated, it is in the Sign and Face of Mars and the Triplcity and Terms of Venus, again both having signification in romantic questions.

There is however no aspect forming between Sun and Saturn and they are in adjacent signs. So we have to check other factors to see if there is a link between these two planets or between you and him in someway.

The Moon can act as a co-significator for the person asking the question. In this case the Moon is in Virgo In the Triplicity, Terms and Face of Venus. The Moon is also in the seventh House of partnerships (though not in the sign on the cusp) and is applying by square to the Sun in Sagittarius (his significator).

The square is not really a very romantic aspect as it has connotations of obstacles, tensions, trouble and difficulty. However squares can lead to the matter being perfected though there is of course the implied problems and difficulties to contend with. That Venus rules the Terms of both Sun and Moon and that the Sun is in the Face of the Moon are positive though weak supporting testimonies to the matter coming about.

So up to now it seems that it's highly likely he comes back into your life in some way, though the rekindling of the relationship may be accompanied by difficulties and it is not certain that these can be overcome.

There's another possible negative factor. As well as applying to the square with the Sun, the Moon is also applying to a trine with Mars. The positions in the chart put the Sun very slightly nearer to the Moon than Mars is, but the Sun is the faster moving planet. Moving the chart forward I can see that the Moon perfects each aspect to these two at virtually the same time. It's as though there's a someone else or something else that happens at the same time. Whether this even is going to stop the reconciliation or not I can't tell. It may even be that you meet someone else at this time, as Saturn and Mars are in mutual reception by sign.

So in summary there's a good chance he will come back into your life and this could lead to the relationship rekindling. There will be difficulties, not least that you either meet someone else or that something else distracts you. If it's a something else then it could well relate to travel plans, higher education or other ninth house matters as Mars rules the ninth or possibly to income as Mars rules the second.

Hi M,

I have further feedback to share --- he reached out to me this past Monday. We've going back and forth a bit. I posed the question to him that I would like to have a two way relationship for us and that I wanted him to think about it, if that's something he could do then to let me know. Is there anything in this chart that would indicate which way he'll decide to go in?

Thanks,
Mona