The De-Enabling Thread

Dwaas

Here a fan of boldly coloured cards. But I also found that wild colours do peel off in attraction soon if that is only what the cards have to offer. The Glastonbury tarot seems to me to be such a deck. Wild colours, hardly any interesting details, no symbolism (or weird symbolism), Debra is right, best you imagine one of the pictures as a screensaver for days. And then let us know what you decide. :D

jackdaw*

MysticalMoose said:
right! Im going to buy the Druidcraft....Stop me!
Too big cards, too flimsy cardstock, too full of Hobbit feet. Does that help?

gregory

red11 said:
OK guys do your worst...the Glastonbury! I've always been so in love with this one...and I found it on ebay. $30 I don't have and I'm sure it will go higher...but I'm soo tempted to bid, and I know I won't be able to stop!! Please help!! Emergency! Emergency! *red lights flashing and sirens wailing*
OK - two things.

I confess, it isn't one of my very favourites.

BUT anyway - forget it. It will go for HEAPS. Save yourself the pain and stress (says she who has just seen one she REALLY wants on ebay. De-enabling not required ! Just send money.....)

jackdaw*

I was sorely tempted by the Glastonbury too, but for the artwork is very uninspiring for a theme that could be great. Also, I've heard that the card finish is very sticky.

red11

Apocalipstick said:
And, the crowning achievement --- "vesicas". As in bladders. Urinary or gall, take your pick. "Aaaah, the Queen of Vesicas. I see much bladder control in your future. Throw away your Depends and stay away from Scorpios."

Ha ha ha!! Oh I rolled on the floor laughing after this...I will never be able to look at the Glastonbury the same way, lol. Good job, Apocalipstick :D

Dwaas + jackdaw - Yes, that's what I love as well, the colors..it's just so pretty...but you're probably right to say that there isn't that much symbolism. I've used the cards online before, and, I guess, you're right. Not THAT inspiring. It's just...oh...the colors!! But sticky backs? Hmm..

gregory - yes, there is NO way I can afford it...and I suppose that is enough to put me off...maybe...

Though you guys did a very good job...I might try the screensaver bit as well and see how that goes ;)

Ha ha ha! *walks away, still laughing at the Queen of Bladders*

red11

MysticalMoose. Stay away, stay far away. Better yet, run! Yuck. Huge cards, much too clumsy. Impossible to shuffle. And....how to put this tactfully...well...the characters on these cards are a bit "special," aren't they? Looks like their faces got smashed in a bit by those big sticks they are lumbering around with.

And they smell funny. I'm serious! ;) Did this help? I might have to go get out my cards if it's a real emergency, and then bring out the big guns. :)

gregory

red11 said:
And they smell funny. I'm serious! ;) Did this help? I might have to go get out my cards if it's a real emergency, and then bring out the big guns. :)
Not half as funny (=VILE) as the new card sized Lunatic, if anyone needs de-enabling from that. I have had it in a box with dryer sheets for weeks and it still reeks.

magpie9

greggers, what are you doing up at this hour? You're supposed to be safely tucked in bed quite a while back....or have you sneaked off to Canada again?
:bugeyed: Insomnia?

Emily

Ahhh the DruidCraft - beautiful artwork, large cards - you'll miss no details on these - ohh sorry wrong thread. })