Barley's Timing Spread

freyapax08

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Barley.

I came here to post about what is, like your post about him, a confirmation of this working better than expected in a potentially unfun way.

Turns out my reading about my oncology follow up on 8/8 was more accurate than I expected and in a way that I didn't want. I'd fiddled with the timing due to my significator being Pentacles for a visit that already set for 8/24, and knocked it down to weeks with that foreknowledge. And yes, that was accurate as far as it went.

Turns out I went down ONE step to months, instead, it was also accurate. Given that, going back over the spread, I get 48 days from the reading for an appointment with the oncologist, which puts me in this week, when I do indeed have an appt on 9/21 for a follow up since one of my tests came back "abnormal".

So yes, a visit that seemed to be totally routine did happen within the "weeks" time unit, but a visit thats not so routine is also happening within the "months" time unit. Blargh. Hopefully the vibe was also accurate and as long as I continue to "take care of business" everything will be fine.

Barleywine

My father-in-law's situation played out pretty much as expected. When I did the spread we knew it was only a matter of time, but it wasn't clear from the care-giver's assumptions whether it would be days, weeks or months. The "within 4 weeks" verdict was fine-tuned down to "within 3 weeks," and he passed within 3 weeks and 3 days.

Hemera

Thank you for posting this Barleywine. I've added it to the Tarot Spreads Index.
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Barley.

Barleywine

Based on input from my regional tarot group, I've added a new "first operation" to this spread. Instead of picking the most likely time-frame intuitively (hours, days, weeks, months, quarters, years), there is now a method using the 40 minor cards in 4-card combinations to zero in on it. The intuitive approach is now the "back-up" method.

The attached text replaces the text in the earlier posts, but the example spread pictures are still applicable.

Attachments

• Barley's Updated Timing Spread.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 335

Hopefuldreamer

I am kind of confused with mine. I did it for twelve months, and I found it in the six month pile. I managed to narrow it down to within a month. I'm just wondering why it would turn up in the six month pile if it is so soon. I am guessing it's the factors surrounding the card, but they are all good cards. So I guess those factors have to happen in order for it to happen in a month or else it can take up to six months. I'll have to see I guess. I plan to do more with this spread now. I do like it, I just don't understand why it showed up in six months only to be narrowed down to a month.

Barleywine

I am kind of confused with mine. I did it for twelve months, and I found it in the six month pile. I managed to narrow it down to within a month. I'm just wondering why it would turn up in the six month pile if it is so soon. I am guessing it's the factors surrounding the card, but they are all good cards. So I guess those factors have to happen in order for it to happen in a month or else it can take up to six months. I'll have to see I guess. I plan to do more with this spread now. I do like it, I just don't understand why it showed up in six months only to be narrowed down to a month.

The way I set it up, the period that is first derived is an "up to" value, so a 12-month window would be "up to 12 months" from the reading date. But it could occur within 2-month increments (12 divided by 6) at any time up to that end date. If the last step shows the "index" card in the third position of the final 6-card line, the target date would be somewhere up to 6 months out from the date of the reading. An alternative way to look at it would be that the event should occur between the end of the fourth month and the end of the sixth month. This second way was proposed by members of my regional tarot group, and it's now the one I prefer. Since the last step uses the ratio between those six cards and the original time-frame, I think you could only narrow it down to within a two-month window.

Hopefuldreamer

The way I set it up, the period that is first derived is an "up to" value, so a 12-month window would be "up to 12 months" from the reading date. But it could occur within 2-month increments (12 divided by 6) at any time up to that end date. If the last step shows the "index" card in the third position of the final 6-card line, the target date would be somewhere up to 6 months out from the date of the reading. An alternative way to look at it would be that the event should occur between the end of the fourth month and the end of the sixth month. This second way was proposed by members of my regional tarot group, and it's now the one I prefer. Since the last step uses the ratio between those six cards and the original time-frame, I think you could only narrow it down to within a two-month window.
I think you're right. I did the spread a few more times with the same question but narrowed down and each time it's within two months. So that's good because that's when I plan to do it anyway depending on my finances. I want to see what my income tax return is and my bonus from work is work, and I will know that in two months. Six months is fine because that's more money, but the sooner the better just because I am unhappy in my situation.

This was just basically when the best time would be. It's all down to my decision really, but I can't right now, but I could in a month.

Hemera

Moderator Note

Please remember that readings should be posted to Your Readings area. Only the poster of an original spread may post an example reading *in the first post* as per our posting rules.
I will leave this thread as it is, though, since removing posts from it would ruin the discussion. But I wanted to post this as a reminder to everyone.
Thank you.