Using The Origin of Expressions game cards as an oracle deck

Glass Owl

Yesterday I stopped by my favorite thrift store and found a game called The Origin of Expressions. While I am not crazy about using it as an actual game, I am really intrigued with its 300 game cards and using them as an oracle deck. Each card has a phrase on top (in bold), a brief one sentence meaning of the phrase, and an explanation of the phrase's origin.

Of course, it would be near impossible to shuffle 300 cards so for my first test run of the cards I decided to leave them in the card holder and moved random sections of them until I felt it was time to stop. Next, I selected a small section which I shuffled and then I drew three cards from the top. All in all, the cards spoke about the situation I was asking about and I thought the results were encouraging. In fact, I think that this deck deserves further study so I will continue doing readings with it, maybe even doing some reading exchanges with it. I'm also thinking about what other oracle decks I can pair it with.

So, does anyone else here have this game? Have you thought about using The Origin of Expressions game cards as an oracle deck?

Melia

I don't have it, but with 300 cards (and a price of @$30) it looks more than interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Glass Owl

Here is a pic of three random cards...

28t9oxt.jpg
<-----click here to view

I am discovering that the expression is often all I need but sometimes the origin proves to be useful too.

Belinda2

I don't have it, but with 300 cards (and a price of @$30) it looks more than interesting. Thanks for sharing.

yes thanks they do look interesting.