The Antique Lenormand

Bernice

I keep seeing 'new' Lenormand cards being aired here, so here's a couple of pics from a Lenormand deck I began to create a few years ago.

Life intervened and I've only just come across them again. The style is based on an unknown French deck.

Flowers/Bouquet.

Bee :)

ETA: Removed this earlier Heart card. New one posted at the begininning of July.

Attachments

• Flowers.jpg
    Flowers.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 393

Miss Divine

Those are lovely Bee!!

Noelle

Yes nice cards Bee. What is the unknown French deck you based them on?

Bernice

Noelle said:
Yes nice cards Bee. What is the unknown French deck you based them on?
It's unknown :bugeyed:

The few images I've seen look as if they were from the time of Napoleon. I could be wrong. But I liked the art style, clear & direct.

Le Fanu

Oh they're beautiful! I love that Second Empire style! Are you planning on finishing them? I'd be very interested to see a deck in this style.

Funny, when you think about it, there is so "explicitly" Neopoleonic Lenormand deck around, which is insane as she herself was from that very time!

Bernice

Hi Le Fanu :)

I may continue with them..... just have to see how it goes. Trouble is, now that I'm looking at them a few years on, I want to fiddle with 'em. Anyhow, here's the Clouds (6). I have a couple of them, This one looks to be the best at the moment. eta: And the Clover, one Pink and one White.

ETA: Keeping the white Clover. And added another leaf.

Attachments

• Clouds..jpg
    Clouds..jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Clover-pink.jpg
    Clover-pink.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Clover-white.jpg
    Clover-white.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 245

Noelle

Bernice said:
It's unknown :bugeyed:

The few images I've seen look as if they were from the time of Napoleon. I could be wrong. But I liked the art style, clear & direct.

Yes ... I had clearly understood you said it was "unknown". I should have phrased my question better .... I was curious about the images of the "unknown" deck itself and where you had sourced these.

Essjay

These are lovely, the bouquet is gorgeous - I love the poor man struggling to carry it. I also love your Clouds card, I always like it when there's a clear definition between one side of the card and the other (half dark clouds and half lighter).

Bernice

Hi Noelle,

The unknown deck is incomplete and looks to me like a sybilla type, it's not a Lenormand. Some of the images have a certain disrespectfullness, I think....

Or perhaps they just reflect the world-view of that time & place. I posted about one of the cards here ages ago in an attempt to discover what it might mean. It was of two fish and a clog (shoe). I've just searched but can't find the thread now.

I love the deck. The artwork really appeals to me, and the images are so intriguing.

eta: Found the thread. Has the link to the source cards.

Essjay: You'll find that little man on one of the cards, he's actually a joyfull little fellow :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=108547